This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Countdown to HHNH press release/updates/BIG news

It's now June and a press release for Halloween Horror Nights Hollywood (and Orlando, I'm sure) is supposedly just around the corner. An official date of it's street date hasn't been set yet but we can keep each other updated on any news here about when it'll see the light of day or when it hits the public.

This year is supposed to be really exciting as we're getting 5, possibly 6 all NEW mazes, an extended Terror Tram and a replacement for RHPS.

Keep this area for actual news, not just silly Twitter updates but SOLID info that'll give us an actual idea of what the event will look like. Pretty much since November, Murdy has been Tweeting away the same info over and over again in different variations. When he presents an actual piece of the event that'll be coming, THAT'S when we need to break the news instead of getting excited over the world's most vaguest clues.

Conversation is permitted; just no rumors or any false info. Now, it's time to countdown to when we'll get to know what our beloved event will look like. And then, countdown to Southern California's PREMIUM Halloween Horror event! Hope it's good one!

Re: Countdown to HHNH press release/updates/BIG news

Ohhhh boy! I cannot wait to see the New Sorority Row maze and new Orphan musical replacing RHPS!

Btw where did you hear that RHPS would be gone-gone for a new show? To me this is good news since I never had any incentive to go see that show. I was never a fan of Rocky Horror.

Comment

I hop they hav both a Replacement for RHPS and Waterwork is back up next year (along with Bill and Teds show) and with 5 mazes and a longer tram this means I wont finsh everything by 11 pm I'll go until the park closes.
      Happy Halloween!!!

Comment

Thanks dth for the recommendation for this site! Wow with hhnh looking to get 5 mazes atleast I think. This year should be worth it to get the front of the line pass. Maybe next week we will see the the press release since he said mid June. As for confirmation, as I stated before the wolfman will be there but be as it is, he might just be on the terror tram or " maybe " his own maze. But the wolfman will be there. As for the other houses I have no clue. Hopefully this year is HHNH dont let us down.

Comment

I was actually looking through his Twitter updates and he said that RHPS was very unlikely to come back this year as it wasn't as popular as they hoped it would be. I never wanted to see the show either so hopefully something new will be in there, even if it is something cheesy.

With 5 mazes and an extended TT, if you go on a Wednesday or Thursday night, you'll finish everything probably at around 11. They usually close at about 1 AM on those nights instead of 2 but last year we had about an extra hour to spare and we didn't rush on to anything. I'm definitely thinking about getting a frequent fear pass this year.

Comment

Any word on a press release any time soon?

Comment

I speculate by next weekend; if not, then the weekend after that at the latest. Murdy also stated that concept art for the scareactor's costumes would be released veeery soon if he can get permission.

Plus the site was updated saying, "More info coming soon."

Comment

Let's hope, I'm getting anxious! It's mid June now!

Comment

Big news: Murdy just said on Twitter that the PR should be out by next week.

Comment

*Darth Vader voice* The time has come.

Comment

The dates have been released, 5 mazes, 6 scarezones, 17 nights, expanded Terror Tram including King Kong 360 3D.

Sept. 24 and 25 and Oct. 1, 2, 8, 9, 15, 16, 17, 21, 22, 23, 24, 28, 29, 30 and 31
                      See more of my horrible photos (and a few good ones) at my Flickr photostream

Comment

Originally posted by CoasterMatt View Post
                        The dates have been released, 5 mazes, 6 scarezones, 17 nights, expanded Terror Tram including King Kong 360 3D.

Sept. 24 and 25 and Oct. 1, 2, 8, 9, 15, 16, 17, 21, 22, 23, 24, 28, 29, 30 and 31
                        Here is the full article CoasterMatt has been referring to. article: Universal Studios Hollywood ups scare ante for Halloween Horror Nights 2010 - Travel - LATimes.com

Comment

... Including king kong?! No effing way!!!!

I know it's in the early stages but I'm a bit disappointed there's no Wednesday nights announced yet. You would figure they would get the point from previous years and go ahead and plan it. At this point, looks like I'll be going the 28th!! I always go on the last Thursday!

Comment

not sure which sunday night we'll be going, but we've found those are the most manageable crowd wise

would love to go opening weekend but those are the same dates we'll be at HHN in Orlando for their 20th anniversary
                            Will there be screams when the sun sets,
                            -=Is It October Yet?=-

Originally posted by Tinkermonkey
                            elly is the ultimate nerdy girl. But she makes it sexy
                            Originally posted by pratt55
                            Elly is adorkable.

Comment

Perhaps you should go the 17th than?

Comment

i'm thinking so, i have to look at what days i've already requested off for that time period...haunting season is really packed for us this year, trip to HHN Orlando, trip to Haunt at Great America & Pirates of Emerson in San Jose area, our usual almost 2 weeks in SoCal and back to SoCal for Haunt over Halloween weekend...
                                ...ugh, juts listing it all reminds me i need to pick up a couple double-time shifts at work, lol
                                Will there be screams when the sun sets,
                                -=Is It October Yet?=-

Originally posted by Tinkermonkey
                                elly is the ultimate nerdy girl. But she makes it sexy
                                Originally posted by pratt55
                                Elly is adorkable.

Comment

We'll Im super Excited to hear we get another Maze this year AND I hope that adding Kong to the ride will be a good thing (as in I hope the lines dont move slower because of Kong) Also I hope we get 3 shows this year (Water World, Bill and Teds and Rocky Horror)
                                  Happy Halloween!!!

Comment

Kong is nowhere near the trail though so I'm curious as to how they're going to fit it in. Before, after? Will the Mummy tunnel be eliminated? (I HOPE SO.)

Comment

^yes
                                      Happy Halloween!!!

Comment

I really hope they don't have use lug those clumsy glasses the whole walking path. :/

Comment

Working...
                                        X