X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• F!an
    replied
    Re: Countdown to HHNH press release/updates/BIG news

Confirming one show returning this year to HHN: Casting for "Bill and Ted's Excellent Halloween Adventure" is July 26. Excellent

Leave a comment:

• Freakazoid112
    replied

^ I'm glad we finally got SOME update. Not much but better than nothing. I hope they have some flame machines since this is replacing WTH.

Leave a comment:

• CoasterMatt
    replied

First look at Klownz - new scare zone

Leave a comment:

• JerrodDRagon
    replied

yeah hopefully its worth the wait

Leave a comment:

• Freakazoid112
    replied

^ Nope. Has nothing to do with the mazes or anything. That stuff is not to come out until next month. :/

Leave a comment:

• JMora
    replied

This what people been waiting for...?

According to The Pulse of Radio, Rob Zombie has teamed up with Universal Studios for the "Halloween Horror Nights Rob Zombie Film Competition", in which contestants can submit their short horror films for judgment by Zombie and a panel of Halloween Horror Nights team members and horror industry professionals. Films must be submitted between now and August 14. The top 10 shorts will be posted for public online voting from September 3 through September 17, when the winner will be announced. The grand prize winner will win a premiere showing on Chiller TV, a posting on SyFy.com, a $1,000 cash prize, and a trip for two to the opening night of Halloween Horror Nights at Universal Studios Hollywood.

The top 10 finalists will be judged on storytelling skill, originality, and whether they provide a "good scare," according to a press release.

Shorts must be between 90 seconds and three minutes long and two copies must be submitted, both on DVD.

The announcement of the winner will take place in a special ceremony to kick off Universal Studios Hollywood's annual Halloween Horror Nights event.

Entries should be sent to "Halloween Horror Nights Rob Zombie Film Competition," 100 Universal City Plaza, Building 5511, 100 Universal City, California 91608.

Rob Zombie kicked off a co-headlining stint on the Rockstar Energy Mayhem Tour this past weekend with KORN and other acts.

Link of press release: Universal Studios Hollywood and Rob Zombie Invite Filmmakers to Submit Short Films... -- UNIVERSAL CITY, Calif., July 7 /PRNewswire/ --

Halloween Horror Nights Event in Los Angeles

Leave a comment:

• JtnOrl
    replied

USH should do something original. The whole "theme everything to movies" schtick must get monotonous. Rumor is USF won't get any movie houses this year, and I like it that way. Of course, they have the whole "history" angle to work with and USH doesn't.
    Last edited by JtnOrl; 07-13-2010, 11:09 AM.

Leave a comment:

• CoasterMatt
    replied

2 mazes are already under construction - as for no announcements- you have to understand that in their case, they're licensing outside franchises, and EVERYTHING has to be set with those companies before Universal can say ANYTHING about them.

Leave a comment:

• JerrodDRagon
    replied

^now FLUFFY was scary. He was HUGE and his eyes were red..man they should add him to House of Horrors.

Leave a comment:

• Freakazoid112
    replied

Originally posted by JerrodDRagon View Post
    ^wolfman should just be the "House of Horror's Maze.....really I dont think we need a whole new maze for wolfman...he's not that scary
    Try saying that when he pops out of you in the dark with a strobe light pumping.

Leave a comment:

• JerrodDRagon
    replied

^wolfman should just be the "House of Horror's Maze.....really I dont think we need a whole new maze for wolfman...he's not that scary

Leave a comment:

• Freakazoid112
    replied

Here's my predictions for this year:

1) Resident Evil will be a maze at this year's event. I'm predicting it will be the lower lot maze since this is a big franchise. If they do this it'll be cool to see HHNH's first zombie maze!

2) The fifth maze will be in the Gibson lawn. He talked about this on the Vault/Nightmares and found on Twitter that Murdy said the fifth maze would have to be located on the Upper lot, it's the biggest maze location of all of the four other locations, and that it's "not in an obvious place."

3) Wolfman will show up as a maze and will be in the "fifth location" despite it being a flop and having positive responses when they asked on the FB page if they should do it or not.

4) DTH said on Nightmares that he gets the feeling that there will be no icon... well he may be right hence all of the scarezones will be originally themed and that all of the "iconizable franchises" (Scream, Hellraiser, and Trick r' Treat) willn not be used this year.

Leave a comment:

• JMora
    replied

At a cost of $200 million, teaming with NASA, this attraction will blow all your senses to extreme!

Leave a comment:

• JerrodDRagon
    replied

Yeah I don't see why its hard for them to update us on a new maze/scare zone every week starting now.

Leave a comment:

• Director_Guy
    replied

No! Don't lose Rocky Horror! That was the best show there, last year!

And seriously, USH, what's the hold up?

Leave a comment:

• Freakazoid112
    replied

Bad news HHN fans. Murdy announced on Twitter that the PR won't be released until NEXT MONTH. :rant:I give up! Knott's sounds soooo appealing right now.

Leave a comment:

• dth316
    replied

HHN starts at 7, ends at 1 most nights, during the weekends it ends at 2.
    They usually start letting people in at about 6:30 and the security does take awhile to get through, so plan ahead for that. If 1 AM nights are busy enough, they'll extend the time to 2.

Leave a comment:

• isny
    replied

Originally posted by Jon Autopsy View Post
    You should try to go with us, this year :evil:

Although, last year, we went on a Friday night.
    I'm trying to be there for Sunday the 24th of October myself, so if you guys end up trying to do a meetup, I'd love to come =)

Question for you who are experienced, what time of the night does HHN start/end? Trying to plan for my drive back to Anaheim, and need to know when to be picked up. Thanks =)

Leave a comment:

• Jon Autopsy
    replied

Originally posted by elly View Post
    not sure which sunday night we'll be going, but we've found those are the most manageable crowd wise

would love to go opening weekend but those are the same dates we'll be at HHN in Orlando for their 20th anniversary
    You should try to go with us, this year :evil:

Although, last year, we went on a Friday night.

Leave a comment:

• Freakazoid112
    replied

I really hope they don't have use lug those clumsy glasses the whole walking path. :/

Leave a comment:

Working...
X