This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Halloween Horror Nights Hollywood 2010

AHH!! I've never been before and I wanna go so badly this year!! And is it just me, or is it kind of annoying when people always say, "blah blah whatever we're not scared" and stuff like that during Halloween attractions? It ruins the spirit a little for me haha.

Comment

i totally agree with you pink....working the event you see so many people like "I'm not scared" then right after they say it someone just gets them and its brilliant...you hear big dudes screaming like little girls

Comment

Originally posted by x3rolemodel View Post
        Hello everyone! First post so here goes.

HHN is my favorite I wait for this event all year so i always try to make it the best experience possible. This year im debating on getting a front of the line pass (im going 10/1) I already bought our tickets online so now my dilemma is that i cant JUST BUY 2 front of the line passes. I have to buy tickets and the pass as a package. So is there any way I can buy front of the line passes online separately,other then buying them the day of @ universal.

Also im thinking about getting a hotel room to make a day of it I usually go with priceline because i save so much. There are only 2 hotels directly located next to universal and they are out of my budget so I was thinking about getting a hotel room in Anaheim near Disneyland (we have annual passes) and then taking the metro to universal. I have never done this before and i dont know much about the metro other then what i have read online. So can anyone give me some advice on that?

Tips & suggestions are always appreciated <3
        Depending on when you're going, front of the line shouldn't be needed. (During the day, at night it may be a tad busier due to HHN of course, but even then, you should still be fine without it)

I've seen firsthand how disappointing it can be to just walk on or sub five minute wait and know that you paid a premium for nothing =(

In regards to the Metro, we have lots of locals here who can help you with that =D

Comment

Thanks for all the help! I found the link to buy the front of the line tickets on my facebook! It was $30 extra for each soo $60 all together. It was either front of the line tickets or a hotel room and I think we made the right choice (we only live 2 hours away). Last year we went we only got to see like 4 haunted houses and it only comes around once a year so I think it will be worth the extra cash. Were going on friday which is a killer deal night so im sure it will be packed. SOOO excited though! I'll let you know if the front of the line pass is worth it!!

Comment

Great news. Hours have been extended for October 1st/ HHN will be open from 7-2 rather then 1 a.m.!

Comment

I need help.
              If I go on a friday or saturday, what would the lines be like? 1hr? more or less

can I bring water bottle or no?

I just went to knotts on opening weekend. good wait times and price.

Comment

Danny...the wait times and go from anywhere from 90 mins to almost 2-3 hours. If that is the case you need to see house of 1000 corpses and terror tram. After doing those you have the option of seeing Bill and Ted (which run close to 45 mins to 1 hr) or hitting up another maze b4 you leave, or checking out king kong. its all up to you. i think you can bring sealed bottles of water but if they are open they might have you throw them out

Comment

Originally posted by F!an View Post
                  New Official HHN 2010 Commercial on youtube
                  YouTube - Halloween Horror Nights 2010 - Official Commercial

me likes
                  Thank you for posting that commercial (via Youtube), Flan,
                  and for the many videos you posted, JMora!
                  Last edited by jcruise86; 09-29-2010, 05:53 PM.

Comment

Ill be going tomorrow night

OMGWTFBBQ at the wait times scottpilgrim posted

Comment

Originally posted by Gamedog View Post

I look forward to scaring you tomorrow night at Terror Tram!
                      Disneyland Blog Posts: http://findingmyinnerbombshell.com/tag/disneyland/

Comment

Originally posted by Gamedog View Post

i say that as a precaution....ive only been giving this information second hand...but on our busy nights it can get that way...they do have the wait times posted at the front of the park and also near the entrance and exits to the starway so just beware its not much of a walk on...most of the night you will be waiting at least an hour if not mroe for most of the mazes

Comment

Went last night. All I can say is the Front of the Line / RIP Pass is the best purchase I ever made! A couple years ago I made the mistake of going on one of the cheap nights. Several lines were 2 hours + that night. Fast forward to yesterday. Rode every ride and hit every maze TWICE! Usually just walked right on. A couple times there were maybe one or 2 other R.I.P. holders in front of us. Seriously the best money I ever spent! i just cant believe so many people wait in those 1 hour lines when they could go RIP for only $30 more! Here's my thoughts on the mazes and rides:

Rob Zombie 3-D- The best! Incredible!
                          Saw- ok. Smelled really bad in parts.
                          Friday the 13th: Excellent! The decapitation scene was really creative!
                          Elm Street- Very cool! There must have been 10-15 Freddies working it.
                          Tram- ok. really dusty.
                          Vampire Maze- decent
                          King Kong- My first time seeing the new Kong. It was ok but not as great as I expected.
                          Mummy- I would never wait in line for this ride. With RIP, we rode it twice in a row. Great times!
                          Jurassic- Always fun!

Now the Bill and Teds show. I feel like an old fuddy duddy saying this, but I thought it was a very inappropriate show with so many kids in the audience. They say its an adult show and warn you, but its filled with music and pop references aimed at younger people. It was well choreographed and put together, I just didnt enjoy the writing.

All in all a great time and i cant wait until next year!
                          Scott
                          www.NothingDiesWithBlueSkies.com

Comment

Front of the line pass- best investment ever. I will never go without it now!

Only draw back- tram closed at 12 so we didnt get to go on it.

Also it was sold out so as you can imagine it was packed, personally if they plan on having that # of people on weekend they should hire for scare actors. When we walked through the mazes it wasnt as scary because you could already see them pop out due to the high volume. And when you walked through the streets there were only about 2 scare actors for every 25 people.

but over all great time just like every year (even better then the last 3 years because of the front of the line passes)!!!

Comment

I went Friday night and had a blast. Didnt get the front of the line passes but ended up goin on almost all rides and mazes. Agree that the Saw Maze smells REALLY bad at times, but it just adds to the effect

Terror Tram seemed a little shorter than last year (Maybe I walked too fast o.0) Either way, had an awesome time and so did the people I went with.

Got the crap scared out of me more times than ever this year, so that was definitely a good thing haha

Comment

Went on Saturday, agree that the Front of the Line pass is the way to go, will never do this event without it again.

That said ... I honestly thought things were lacking from last year.

Saw was exactly the same other than you get soaking wet.

Friday the 13th, while AWESOME was pretty much the same as Halloween (sets, etc) and Jason instead of Michael Myers. I don't remember Jason ever having a bed with his name on the headboard.

Nightmare was good, but again, a LOT of recycled scenes from My Bloody Valentine.

Terror Tram was better last year, they need to bring back the sheet maze!!!!

Rob Zombie was indeed awesome, the talent was pretty good in the first 1/2, middle of the maze didn't really have anybody, the end was awesome.

Vampire Maze ... ARE YOU KIDDING ME UNIVERSAL!!!! This thing needs some MAJOR work. Why feel the need to put Vampires in the maze when you have Chucky and Frankenstein in there? If you insist on having the House of Horror open for HHN, keep it the Universal Monsters but just intensify it from the daytime maze. This was seriously the worst maze I've gone through at any Haunt EVER (even including cheap school ones).

Bill and Teds was cool (lots of hot chicks) but the jokes were pretty much the same (and done better) in The Hanging. To be fair, if we had done Universal on Friday and Knott's on Saturday I may be saying the opposite here.

I know one of Universals claim to fame is that they have "all new" mazes every year, and while I don't mind them re-using sets in future years having the EXACT same maze and just calling it something else is kind of odd.

Being honest, I don't see myself doing this event every year like Haunt. Well, unless they bring back Rocky Horror next year.

Comment

Here's a photo I took on 10/1/10 inside the Elm Street Maze.
                                  you can see all my Universal Studio posts HERE

Scott
                                  www.NothingDiesWithBlueSkies.com

Comment

I'm planning to go on Thursday night with my family and am wondering how long the lines usually are on Thursdays?

Also, AP holders get a discount correct? Is there a limit on how many tickets they can purchase at the discounted price?

Comment

Originally posted by Tripleblack View Post
                                      I'm planning to go on Thursday night with my family and am wondering how long the lines usually are on Thursdays?

Also, AP holders get a discount correct? Is there a limit on how many tickets they can purchase at the discounted price?
                                      Universal has been sold out every night so far ... I wouldn't expect Thursday to be any different. Lines will be over an hour for the most popular mazes. Get the Front of the Line pass if you can.

Comment

trust me...after hearing wait times the front of the line pass is the way to go. everynight will be a sell out or extremely close to a sell out. make sure to get there early, but do try not to do too many mazes or the terror b4 it gets dark.

Comment

Working...
                                        X