Re: Halloween Horror Nights Hollywood 2010

Just made a video of this year's event.

Enjoy!

Leave a comment:

• elly
    replied

Originally posted by Hauntlover View Post
    I have seen videos of a maze at orlando called The Legendary Truth. and it looks amazing. There are people in the walls, floor, chairs. It truely looks amazing

Legendary Truth was hands down and by far the BEST maze we went thru during the entire season this year. It was creepy, stunning, and a complete experience.

Leave a comment:

• Abercrombie140
    replied

They should do some original mazes like they do in Orlando along with the movie ones. Six to seven walk through mazes would be good. All being brand new for 2011.
    Even though I really really enjoyed 2010 it's always good to do something new every year. At least Universal changes things up unlike Knott's.

Leave a comment:

• Hauntlover
    replied

I hope they make an exorcist and texas chainsaw maze next year. Those are my favorite rumors. I also think predator would make an interesting maze. Kinda like a jungle feel. Could be in the jurassic park overflow to add to the setting

Leave a comment:

• SpaceMountain1974
    replied

still going through my Halloween pics.. my favorite maze this year was the Rob Zombie one... one day on a visit to the park, we kind of wandered back to the maze entrance. It was kind of spooky.. I walked in, but I half expected that scary guy with the big head to jump out! We didn't stick around long. However, I did get a couple nice shots of the great exterior art.

Leave a comment:

• Director_Guy
    replied

Great shot! Is that up that street that's off of Barham? By Lake Hollywood?

Leave a comment:

• SpaceMountain1974
    replied

Just getting caught up on some of my UHHNH photos. Here's a night shot of the War of the Worlds area:

Leave a comment:

• Hauntlover
    replied

I have seen videos of a maze at orlando called The Legendary Truth. and it looks amazing. There are people in the walls, floor, chairs. It truely looks amazing

Leave a comment:

• JerrodDRagon
    replied

^yeah when I went 2 weeks they did not have the music playing....pretty disappointing. It was just the Raptors with the strobe light on them.

Here is a video YouTube - Jurassic Park in the Dark 2010

Leave a comment:

• F!an
    replied

^^^
    I've been to HHN four nights this year and each time we went on JP, "Welcome to the Jungle" was playing. IDK why your experience was sans music.

Leave a comment:

• JerrodDRagon
    replied

^I would think almost any show would get full just cause people like seeing shows, I would think it would be cool if they did a mystery type story and you try to guess who did it, maybe have more than one ending?

Or hell have a show a Gibson theater? I'm sure that would be good way to get people in the park....Really the cool thing about HHN is that as fun as the event is it can be Improved in so many ways I really hope they can get a bigger budget next year and maybe even have it more nights since it freakin sold out almost every night....I am sure if they had it every Thurday-Sunday from Sept 24-Halloween it would make them more money.

Also F!an do you have any idea why they took out the "welcome to the Jungle" song in JP in the dark? It was my favorite part and it was replaced by nothing this year.

Leave a comment:

• F!an
    replied

Originally posted by JerrodDRagon View Post
    ^I would want a new show.....I know there are fans of that but I don't are for it and would want a new show instead of just doing the same thing again.
    The show can be any show really...I just suggested RHPS because it proved to be extremely popular and would be at capacity for every show thus keeping A LOT of people out of other attraction's queues reducing wait times.

Leave a comment:

• JerrodDRagon
    replied

^I would want a new show.....I know there are fans of that but I don't are for it and would want a new show instead of just doing the same thing again.

Also at Freakazoid the Terror Tram just said he got fired not that he would not be coming back...his show is VERY popular and better than most since its different every show. I guess all we can expect next year is a another show and another maze...

Leave a comment:

• F!an
    replied

Originally posted by Freakazoid112 View Post
    They're never going to bring back Chucky's Insult Emporium since he got ratted on YouTube, SlaughterWorld is not coming back because of the noise complaints, and Rocky Horror isn't coming back because of the new maze location in its queue.
    If the close proximity of KK Express and JP can work IMO a maze in T2:3D extended queue AND RHPC can both exist. The queue for the maze wraps around the back of the T2:3D show building and through a Coke Soak filled with switchbacks but not the actual T2:3D queue or preshow area. RHPS can use the existing T2:3D queue and the preshow room (which would be filled with switchbacks) to hold people until showtime. The other plus is T2:3D has an existing FOL/A Gate entrance so the standby queue will not have be modified.

Leave a comment:

• Freakazoid112
    replied

^what is the number of FOL tickets that can be sold....I mean it could be 1,000 or more and I always see like over 100 people use the pass while waiting for one maze so its ONE of the problems with the event the other is too many tickets/the killer deals pass and three not enough to do, I think they do have room for at least 2 more mazes and two REAL shows and chuckys show done on the bottom level.
    We know one maze could go in the JP queue, but where would they put a seventh maze? Sound stage? The studio won't let them do that I'm sure. The park would have to rent it from the studio division. Gibson lawn? For reasons F!an just said. I think it's safe to say there's only room for one more maze.

They're never going to bring back Chucky's Insult Emporium since he got ratted on YouTube, SlaughterWorld is not coming back because of the noise complaints, and Rocky Horror isn't coming back because of the new maze location in its queue.

Leave a comment:

• JerrodDRagon
    replied

^what is the number of FOL tickets that can be sold....I mean it could be 1,000 or more and I always see like over 100 people use the pass while waiting for one maze so its ONE of the problems with the event the other is too many tickets/the killer deals pass and three not enough to do, I think they do have room for at least 2 more mazes and two REAL shows and chuckys show done on the bottom level.

Leave a comment:

• F!an
    replied

Anyway we can send a email or letter to Universal telling them how unfair it feels to be a person who buys a ticket and has to wait extra time since the "people with more money" get to skip the line just cause they have money.

Really the event is already crowded enough without people not having to wait in line and get to skip everyone...its WAY worst than fastpass since you can use it as many times as you want.
    If you really think about it, the long wait times aren't caused by FOL passes (which are sold in a limited number each night) but because there is too many people and not enough to do. With only 5 mazes, TT, one show, and 3 rides for X amount of people there are going to be lines even if the FOL pass went away. The only way to really reduce wait times is to offer more.

IMO, HHN 2011 needs the following in addition to the existing attractions:
    Maze in JP queue
    Show in UAA arena
    SlaughterWorld in WW arena
    RHPS in T2:3D
    Maze in Falls Lake area as part of extended TT

But then again, if there is more to do, then it means more tickets can be sold...

Leave a comment:

• JerrodDRagon
    replied

Originally posted by F!an View Post
    It won't be as crowded because 9 night Killer Deal Night Pass is not valid that day but there will still be a lot of people there. No matter which night of HHN you go to, it's always worth the extra money to purchase a FOL pass because it does help when all lines are hovering around 90 min.
    Anyway we can send a email or letter to Universal telling them how unfair it feels to be a person who buys a ticket and has to wait extra time since the "people with more money" get to skip the line just cause they have money.

Really the event is already crowded enough without people not having to wait in line and get to skip everyone...its WAY worst than fastpass since you can use it as many times as you want.

Leave a comment:

• F!an
    replied

FYI the remainder of HHN nights have been extended to 2am (for those nights scheduled to end at 1am) because of the crowds.

Leave a comment:

• F!an
    replied

Originally posted by Hauntlover View Post
    I was considering going to HHN one more time before it closes but the only day i can go is halloween. Does anyone know if it is more or less crowded on halloween. I know ist a sunday and a lot of people might be at parties. Im not sure if the front of the line pass would be worth it
    It won't be as crowded because 9 night Killer Deal Night Pass is not valid that day but there will still be a lot of people there. No matter which night of HHN you go to, it's always worth the extra money to purchase a FOL pass because it does help when all lines are hovering around 90 min.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X