Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

DISNEY RESPONDS TO CRITICISM FROM ABIGAL DISNEY

Disney has responded to Abigail's recent comments and they can be discussed in this thread - https://discuss.micechat.com/forum/d...neyland-resort
2 of 2 < >

MICECHAT COMMUNITY RULES

See more
See less

Hogwarts = the best queue ever?

Collapse

Get Away Today

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Hogwarts = the best queue ever?

Temple of the Forbidden Eye isn't as breathtaking as entering Hogwarts, but it definitely doesn't fall behind in the storytelling and detail category for me. Every corner of the temple, every little design element, has a story behind it. If you have the orignal hand-drawn map of the Temple they were selling around 1995, you'll have an even greater appreciation for the depth of detail and cohesiveness the place has.

Here is a copy of the map they still have in the queue. Too bad you can't zoom close enough to read all the little notes written by Indy.

All available sizes | Indiana Jones Adventure Map | Flickr - Photo Sharing!
    ~ Tokyo DisneySea’s Arabian Coast at nighttime ~

Comment

Having not seen FJ yet, I think ToT is still my favorite queue.

It's a bit hokey, but I also have a fondness for E.T. Adventure's. Even the unique smell is strangely nostalgic.

Comment

I haven't ridden FJ yet. But one thing that JTTCOT does that is truly impressive IMHO is that it is so well themed that the land blends seamlessly into the queue and into the ride.

And to answer the question about how I would feel about just going thru the queue alone: Yes, I would love to just go thru the queue by itself even though the ride is down.

In looking at the media available, it looks like FJ could be something like that, but one never knows until one actually experiences it.

Also another thing is that OLC keeps the queue in immaculate condition. We'll see if Universal is up to that challenge.

Unfortunately, it'll be several years till we can see it since we just went to WDW this past Spring.

Comment

Originally posted by nish221 View Post
          I haven't ridden FJ yet. But one thing that JTTCOT does that is truly impressive IMHO is that it is so well themed that the land blends seamlessly into the queue and into the ride.
          That is how I feel too. I have to say that the first glimpse of the volcanic caldera leading up to the grand caverns housing JttCotE's queue was by far the most awe-inspiring and immersive feeling I've ever felt in any theme park. There is a sense of realism that sends shivers down your spine- from the fully functioning machinery to the kinetic energy of the very active volcano. Everything is just so elaborately done and quite beyond anything I've seen in terms of detail. It doesn't have the magic or whimsy of Forbidden Journey's Hogwarts setting, but it definitely feels more overwhelming for me.
          ~ Tokyo DisneySea’s Arabian Coast at nighttime ~

Comment

Working...
          X