• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • GhostHost2
    MiceChatter
    • Jun 2007

Possible Wizarding World of Harry Potter Expansion

I know a tour guide isn't necessarily the most reliable source, but if IoA gets another Harry Potter E-Ticket, WDW will have even more to catch up with.

Here's the link:
  • PhantomBoy
    MiceChatter
    • Apr 2009

Re: Possible Wizarding World of Harry Potter Expansion

:ooo sounds intresting it may just be themed to new shops...
    Here come's the bride.
    As long as we live.
    Till death do us part.
    You may kiss the bride.

Comment

• KingEric
      is in Antarctica
      MiceChat Round-Up Crew
      • Oct 2007

I have heard personally that another large HP ride is in the works. There were some ideas that were shelved when they locked in the plans (like a coaster that went through 3 broomsticks and around the top of WWoHP like you are flying on a broomstick).

What I was told is that there is an addition to WWoHP fast tracked.
      Get the latest and greatest theme park news by

Comment

• Disney Romantic
        Not a Crook
        • Sep 2009

Originally posted by KingEric View Post
        I have heard personally that another large HP ride is in the works. There were some ideas that were shelved when they locked in the plans (like a coaster that went through 3 broomsticks and around the top of WWoHP like you are flying on a broomstick).

I personally hope it isn't yet another coaster, as the land already has two. I'd love to see another dark ride, but one that moves slowly and focuses on the detailed scenes rather than the thrill elements.
        "A paradise for children--and for grownups, too. I don't know when I've had so much fun."-Richard Nixon on Disneyland

Newest Post- Epcot 30x30: Club Cool

Comment

• BC_DisneyGeek
          Seasick
          • Oct 2007

A coaster that goes through and above the WWoHP? Surely that would destroy the atmosphere and theme.

Replacing the Lost Continent with a HP expansion seems like a no-brainer to me. What, if anything, did the WWoHP displace when it was built?
          My Micechat cruise trip report, Part 1:http://micechat.com/14795-disney-wonder/

Comment

• dafteskimo
            New MiceChatter
            • Aug 2010

Originally posted by BC_DisneyGeek View Post
            A coaster that goes through and above the WWoHP? Surely that would destroy the atmosphere and theme.

Replacing the Lost Continent with a HP expansion seems like a no-brainer to me. What, if anything, did the WWoHP displace when it was built?
            The Wizarding World didn't displace much. The Dueling Dragons were re-themed to Dragon Challenge. The ride is the same, just some changes in the queue. The Flying Unicorn was re-themed to Flight of the Hippogriff. Again, the ride is the same, but the line and the ride vehicles are different, and they added Buckbeak at the start of the lift. The biggest change is the restaurant, Enchanted Oak Tavern. This was a giant tree with a restaurant inside. It was completely torn down, and The Three Broomsticks was built in the same location. It has a completely new menu and design. Hogwarts was built on land that wasn't being used before.

Comment

• KingEric
              is in Antarctica
              MiceChat Round-Up Crew
              • Oct 2007

Originally posted by BC_DisneyGeek View Post

It was an idea pitched and fleshed out, and then scrapped. I wouldn't anticipate seeing it.

I also think that Lost Continent is going to enter "Yester-IOA" I went to the Sinbad show today, and while IOA was busy for a low season Tuesday... bustling... crowds that I have dreamt that UO would have... Sinbad was empty... probably about 1/5 full. And Poseidon while I love it could actually have a great HP overlay on it....

So if I was a betting man, I would bet that Lost Continent goes away, gets themed to Diagon Alley, Poseidon gets an HP overlay, and Sinbad closes, and the land is earmarked for another attraction in the near future.

Comment

• JtnOrl
                • May 2006

They need to leave the rest of LC alone. Its attractions could use some tweaking, but don't retheme the ENTIRE thing! It was the best part of the park in terms of theming and atmosphere. Plus it has one of the best theme park restaurants around.

Besides, how much Potter do we really need? FJ already covers most aspects of the universe that would make a good dark ride.

Comment

• Disney Romantic
                  Not a Crook
                  • Sep 2009

So if I was a betting man, I would bet that Lost Continent goes away, gets themed to Diagon Alley, Poseidon gets an HP overlay, and Sinbad closes, and the land is earmarked for another attraction in the near future.
                  The issue I see with adding Diagon Alley is that it's too similar to Hogsmeade, different design but similar stores and purpose in the story, and that Rowling might try to enforce her operational nightmare ideas again. I believe originally she was going to require every guest go through the elaborate entrance process to enter Diagon Alley at the Wizarding World's entrance, or at least that was the rumor reported. I guess they could add a ride based on Gringott's (The Wizard Bank) Vault, but unfortunately that would mean another coaster.
                  "A paradise for children--and for grownups, too. I don't know when I've had so much fun."-Richard Nixon on Disneyland

Comment

• Parisi
                    I'll Break your Thumbs!!
                    • Oct 2005

Uni would be crazy to not fast track another E-Ticket Attraction for Potter. I mean FJ passed one million riders in about 3 months. That's insane!

Comment

• KingEric
                      is in Antarctica
                      MiceChat Round-Up Crew
                      • Oct 2007

Originally posted by Parisi View Post
                      Uni would be crazy to not fast track another E-Ticket Attraction for Potter. I mean FJ passed one million riders in about 3 months. That's insane!
                      I was IOA yesterday, and mind it did NOT feel like low season. It felt like the beginning of summer. It was packed! I kept on thinking... this is midweek in the beginning of September?

Comment

• aimster
                        Waiting for my E-Ticket

• May 2005

I really hope this DOESN'T happen. While I absolutely LOVED WWOHP when I visited in July, I also still enjoyed the theming and atmosphere of what's left of Lost Continent. For the rest of that area to go would be a travesty. I finally after all these years saw the Poseidon's Fury show. While it was hokey, it was good cheese fun and some of the effects were still pretty cool even though they're 10 years old (the film, on the other hand, looked more 80's than late 90's or early 00's or whatever...).

Comment

• RandySavage
                          MiceChatter
                          • Feb 2007

I just posted a site plan that shows my version of a largely expanded Wizarding World. If you're interested in that kind of fun conceptualizing check out my site at the link below.

Comment

• KingEric
                            is in Antarctica
                            MiceChat Round-Up Crew
                            • Oct 2007

Originally posted by RandySavage View Post
                            I just posted a site plan that shows my version of a largely expanded Wizarding World. If you're interested in that kind of fun conceptualizing check out my site at the link below.
                            I have loved trolling your site, exploring your concepts.

Comment

• RandySavage
                              MiceChatter
                              • Feb 2007

^ Cool... glad you like it.

Comment

• toonaspie
                                Nutty about Disney parks
                                • Aug 2006

New rides/attractions are all well and good but I think they need to do something about the crowd control issues in their stores and with the Ollivander's wand presentation first. Perhaps add a couple of stores or expand rooms in the ones we already have. You know how in Harry Potter when someone enters a wizard's tent it looks small on the outside but the inside is as big as a house? Can those illusions be applied to the stores to deal with those issues?

And perhaps maybe add another eatery? I would love to see an upscale sit down restaraunt themed to HP in some form or another here.

Comment

• Disney Romantic
                                  Not a Crook
                                  • Sep 2009

Originally posted by toonaspie View Post
                                  New rides/attractions are all well and good but I think they need to do something about the crowd control issues in their stores and with the Ollivander's wand presentation first. Perhaps add a couple of stores or expand rooms in the ones we already have. You know how in Harry Potter when someone enters a wizard's tent it looks small on the outside but the inside is as big as a house? Can those illusions be applied to the stores to deal with those issues? .
                                  The issue at hand with increasing capacity is that Rowling forced them to build the stores "to scale," essentially, in order to make them accurate. Building more stores is about the only solution, though they'd probably have to do the Diagon Alley area that's been rumored before.

Comment

• giggling_gargoyles
                                    MiceChatter
                                    • Feb 2008

I wouldn't be sad to see LC go. Call me a Disney Snob, but the whole area seemed rather cheap and stale. Carnival games? Really? It gave me bad Dinoland U.S.A flashbacks. There was no line for Poseidon, which is an interesting show, but it's run its course. Sinbad was a ghost town. Basically, it's a themed area to walk through on your way to WWoHP. I think Poseidon could be converted into an interesting walkthrough attraction in the Forbidden Forest. I like the Harry vs. Voldy battle idea, but it might be a bit of a spoiler.

.....SNAPE KILLS DUMBLEDORE!
                                    Where hinges creak in doorless chambers and strange and frightening sounds echo through the halls...Whenever candle lights flicker, where the air is deathly still...That is the time when ghosts are present

Comment

• toonaspie
                                      Nutty about Disney parks
                                      • Aug 2006

Originally posted by Disney Romantic View Post
                                      The issue I see with adding Diagon Alley is that it's too similar to Hogsmeade, different design but similar stores and purpose in the story, and that Rowling might try to enforce her operational nightmare ideas again. I believe originally she was going to require every guest go through the elaborate entrance process to enter Diagon Alley at the Wizarding World's entrance, or at least that was the rumor reported. I guess they could add a ride based on Gringott's (The Wizard Bank) Vault, but unfortunately that would mean another coaster.
                                      I think it would be too awkward to have Diagon Alley and other HP landmarks adjacent to Hogsmeade when in the books they're on opposite sides of the country.

If they do a Diagon Alley/Gringotts I think it should be located on the opposite side of the park (then have a Hogwarts Express train that will carry guests from that part of IoA to the other).

Otherwise I would rather they just expand Hogsmeade. They can add more stores from the books or transform the facade-only stores to become actual stores. They can add a Madame Puddifoot's teashop and maybe a Shrieking Shack in there.

Comment

Get Away Today Footer

Collapse
                                      Working...
                                      X