This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Universal doing work on the Harry Potter Forbidden Journey Show building

Well as I was at IOA today (sorry didn't get pics) I noticed that the Show building has been painted sky blue, and that the wall above the exit, and towards the backstage area, they are adding a rustic brick rock look. They shaped it all and now are adding the paint. It looks nice, and hides the building quite well. If I go to IOA tomorrow I will try to get pics.
    Get the latest and greatest theme park news by

Re: Universal doing work on the Harry Potter Forbidden Journey Show building

Originally posted by KingEric View Post
    Well as I was at IOA today (sorry didn't get pics) I noticed that the Show building has been painted sky blue, and that the wall above the exit, and towards the backstage area, they are adding a rustic brick rock look. They shaped it all and now are adding the paint. It looks nice, and hides the building quite well. If I go to IOA tomorrow I will try to get pics.
    Finally, Universal is doing something regarding the show building. It really stuck out. Here's a pic of how much of a intrusion it was to the illusion.
    Last edited by jonyyeh; 09-01-2010, 03:33 PM. Reason: add picture

Comment

Excellent. If we could get Disney to do that to the back of the Everest show building and Sorin' show building we'd be in good shape.
      MiceChat 101: Be NICE! If you don't play well with others, you are in the wrong sandbox.

Find us on Facebook:

How do you support MiceChat? Join MiceChat GOLD!,

Comment

Not to mention the back of the Carsland rockwork at DCA.

I don't think I've ever really noticed the back of Everest, it must be enough out of the way not to intrude too much, unless you're outside the park? The Potter building definately needs something to hide it, however.
        My Micechat cruise trip report, Part 1:http://micechat.com/14795-disney-wonder/

Comment

Originally posted by BC_DisneyGeek View Post
          Not to mention the back of the Carsland rockwork at DCA.
          Its really worrying me too, the fact it goes from rock to just flat surface on the back. Why can't they just continue the rock work on the back, etc. Even its just a "painted" illusion, its just going to look corny, no?

Comment

I don't think I've ever really noticed the back of Everest, it must be enough out of the way not to intrude too much, unless you're outside the park? The Potter building definately needs something to hide it, however.
            Yeah, the back of Everest is really obvious outside the park, but you can't see it anywhere from inside. In fact, if it wasn't for seeing people's pictures of it, I wouldn't have even known that the mountain theming doesn't continue along the back.
            "A paradise for children--and for grownups, too. I don't know when I've had so much fun."-Richard Nixon on Disneyland

Newest Post- Epcot 30x30: Club Cool

Comment

For a good year (maybe longer) the show building for everest was a khaki color. Then disney FINALLY FINALLY faux textured it so that it color scheme matches the colors of the mountain.

Comment

Ok I am super upset... I went to IOA today to get photos of all the work in action... well it was already DONE! So congrats Universal for being so expedient with this sigh line fix! lol

So I got one photo where you can see the old show building color meeting the new show building color...

Here is the new show building blending into the sky... it is there folks I swear.

Here is the show building from across the lake...

Now on the other side is where all the new rock work was done. My phone died, because instead of instantly taking a picture, I was drawn into Hogwarts for another trip on the Forbidden Journey.

Also MiceChatters, just a quick heads up, Universal Orlando upper management does read micechat, I have no idea if any of them have profiles, but they have been trolling this board since 2007 just fyi (so who knows if your rants helped fix this issue).

Comment

I'm confused. The side of the building you photographed has always looked like that. What changes are you referring to?

And no offense, but it only seems to blend into the sky because you used a crappy camera. It's still very obvious and ugly in person. I really wish they could plant more trees there.
                  Last edited by JtnOrl; 09-02-2010, 12:08 AM.

Comment

So Eric.. you are in town? Joining us for the kelys concert at PH this weekend?

Comment

Originally posted by TDLFAN View Post
                      So Eric.. you are in town? Joining us for the kelys concert at PH this weekend?
                      I am... permanently. Soooo good times, good times. But sure when is it at?

Comment

So you are permanently in Orlando now? Cool.

Yes, the Kelis concert was last night. Fab Fab. Hopefully once Travis is back from his weekend blowout, we'll be able to get together and do something fun at Disney..

Comment

Its about time they did something for the show building. I was pleased to see this.

Comment

I will try to go today to get the side of the building that was fixed... so that I don't get any more attitude. lol

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                            Working...
                            X