X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: USH May Want Wizzarding World

Originally posted by JerrodDRagon View Post
    ^just so you know the chances of a MIB ride is at about 00.1% the series is about done (yes a new movie is coming out but thats about it)

Why must you give "statistical facts" when you don't know for sure? You can say "it's a slim chance"... but .1%?!

Truth: Men In Black 3 is happening. It's filming in New York. Tommy Lee Jones has a cameo. Is the series dead? I thought it was after how bad MiiB was but now ya never know.

Visit my mice chat toy shop!
    http://micechat.com/forums/merchandi...oy-shoppe.html

Track Disney Animation Presence in the Theme Parks Worldwide!
    http://micechat.com/forums/disneylan...ired-them.html

Comment

^because MIB is a cool series but not as big of money maker as something like How to Train Your Dragon or Despicable Me.
      Originally posted by Freakazoid112 View Post
      That's why I said MIB-ish ride. lol. I've said it before and I'll say it again, since Ghostbusters 3 comes out soon, assuming it does well, they should take advantage of the plans put away from Dubai and make a Ghostbusters trackless interactive dark ride where WaterWorld is. Despicable Me I can see as a more likely replacement for Shrek.
      Also I see something like a How to Train Your Dragon Show (where Shriek is) and Despicable Me ride but as small as Toy Story Mania. Track less does not always mean better, and you can change up the ride every year if you want easier with 3D screens.

I know people on the forums rather have REAL animatonic's on rides but lets face it its just better to do 3D it sells more and is easier to replace.
      Happy Halloween!!!

Comment

Originally posted by KingEric View Post
        Sorry, but I want this to stay an Orlando exclusive.
        I am going to stand firm on my stance, that if you want to experience the WWoHP you need to get on a plane and come visit us in Sunny Florida.

You guys can get Lord of the Rings. lol
        Cloned attractions mean nothing to the average park guest. Most people do not visit both the east and west coasts versions of Universal or Disney. I do, as well as other hard-core fans, and other theme park enthusiast, but the average Joe and Jane theme park guest and their family are going to the closest park to where they live.
        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by OC2Epcot View Post
          Cloned attractions mean nothing to the average park guest. Most people do not visit both the east and west coasts versions of Universal or Disney. I do, as well as other hard-core fans, and other theme park enthusiast, but the average Joe and Jane theme park guest and their family are going to the closest park to where they live.
          Hence the fee for a "premium park." These aren't six flags or other regional parks, these are tourist destinations. And since WWoHP I have never seen so many Californians in Florida. So people are traveling, because they are given a reason to travel.
          Get the latest and greatest theme park news by

Comment

^because MIB is a cool series but not as big of money maker as something like How to Train Your Dragon or Despicable Me.

Also I see something like a How to Train Your Dragon Show (where Shriek is) and Despicable Me ride but as small as Toy Story Mania. Track less does not always mean better, and you can change up the ride every year if you want easier with 3D screens.

I know people on the forums rather have REAL animatonic's on rides but lets face it its just better to do 3D it sells more and is easier to replace.
            I don't 3D will do a whole lot in terms of marketing impact. People are getting kind tired out of this whole 3D thing and I don't think just saying that the ride will be in 3D will be the main draw. Let's see how they market Transformers. I think the soul fact that the big animatronics will be operated by NASA will really draw people.

Now if they made an interactive dark ride that spun pretty fast, like MIB, and was trackless, it wouldn't even matter if the "ride was good", but the fact that it's trackless would definitely attract the GP. "Hey man! Wanna see the Despicable Me/Ghostbusters/MIB 2.0 ride? It's trackless! The car goes by itself! That sounds awesome!" On top of that, Universal could get ahead of Disney and be the first park in the Western US to feature a trackless dark ride! Are you saying that a trackless dark ride wouldn't be attractive to your average-Joe, but that it would HAVE to be in 3D to be attractive?

Comment

Hence the fee for a "premium park." These aren't six flags or other regional parks, these are tourist destinations. And since WWoHP I have never seen so many Californians in Florida. So people are traveling, because they are given a reason to travel.
              They are tourist destinations, and while I'm sure Harry Potter has brought people from further than normal. The destination for most is still the closest US resort. The majority of Orlando guests still live in the south, midwest and east coast and probably few have been to Universal Studios Hollywood or Disneyland. If WWoHP is built here in CA there will be some who will say now I don't need to go to Florida, but my guess would be those saying that would have never gone to Florida anyway.
              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by OC2Epcot View Post
                If you keep the experience in Florida, people WILL eventually make the trek. Just as many Californians visit Walt Disney World at least once in their lives as a special trip.

I was a kid who grew up going to Disneyland but how I yearned to go to Disney World. Many kids are doing the same with Harry Potter's new land at Universal Orlando.

Of course if you do build a clone of it, people will come and you will make that money, but you'll also significantly reduce the numbers who will travel to the other. But I suppose if they look at their combined attendance, it will all add up.

Business-wise, I think they'd score heavily on it, especially since they already spent the money on creating the ride, that's an expense that isn't needed. But there IS something about having something unique. What if both Hollywood and Orlando were truly their own magnificent parks and then you'd have people going to both?

I think the ultimate goal should be to build two resorts that people will want to visit. Not just one or the other.

Comment

Originally posted by Freakazoid112 View Post
                  I don't 3D will do a whole lot in terms of marketing impact. People are getting kind tired out of this whole 3D thing and I don't think just saying that the ride will be in 3D will be the main draw. Let's see how they market Transformers. I think the soul fact that the big animatronics will be operated by NASA will really draw people.

Now if they made an interactive dark ride that spun pretty fast, like MIB, and was trackless, it wouldn't even matter if the "ride was good", but the fact that it's trackless would definitely attract the GP. "Hey man! Wanna see the Despicable Me/Ghostbusters/MIB 2.0 ride? It's trackless! The car goes by itself! That sounds awesome!" On top of that, Universal could get ahead of Disney and be the first park in the Western US to feature a trackless dark ride! Are you saying that a trackless dark ride wouldn't be attractive to your average-Joe, but that it would HAVE to be in 3D to be attractive?
                  Kong was liked and it was not that impressive and so is the Simpsons. People go there and don't have never gone to a Universal Park for amazing rides its more about seeing "behind the scenes" stuff and the Studio. I'm not saying it a bad idea, but it would be MUCH cheaper to just make a small ride like Toy Story and you'll make just as much. Just makes no sense to spend the extra dough on things that won't make you enough money to justify the extra tech, just make a good ride and people will like it, Pirates is a great ride but does not us cheap tricks like being trackless to draw people ITS just a good ride.
                  Happy Halloween!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Coheteboy View Post
                    If you keep the experience in Florida, people WILL eventually make the trek. Just as many Californians visit Walt Disney World at least once in their lives as a special trip.

I was a kid who grew up going to Disneyland but how I yearned to go to Disney World. Many kids are doing the same with Harry Potter's new land at Universal Orlando.

Of course if you do build a clone of it, people will come and you will make that money, but you'll also significantly reduce the numbers who will travel to the other. But I suppose if they look at their combined attendance, it will all add up.

Business-wise, I think they'd score heavily on it, especially since they already spent the money on creating the ride, that's an expense that isn't needed. But there IS something about having something unique. What if both Hollywood and Orlando were truly their own magnificent parks and then you'd have people going to both?

I think the ultimate goal should be to build two resorts that people will want to visit. Not just one or the other.
                    Bingo. Exactly. Make both parks unique so that the people in Orlando will have a reason to fly out to Hollywood.

Kong was liked and it was not that impressive and so is the Simpsons. People go there and don't have never gone to a Universal Park for amazing rides its more about seeing "behind the scenes" stuff and the Studio. I'm not saying it a bad idea, but it would be MUCH cheaper to just make a small ride like Toy Story and you'll make just as much. Just makes no sense to spend the extra dough on things that won't make you enough money to justify the extra tech, just make a good ride and people will like it, Pirates is a great ride but does not us cheap tricks like being trackless to draw people ITS just a good ride.
                    Universal is spending $180 million on Transformers. Just to give you some comparison, Spiderman was only $100 million and Jurassic Park $120 million. If they're willing to spend that much on animatronics, ride tech, and special effects, I'm sure they'd definitely be willing to spend that on a trackless interactive dark ride. To the GP, that would mean a cutting-edge ride to them. To make a small-scale ride with mostly, or only, 3D stuff. That doesn't sound like it's pushing the envelope very much to me. Universal can and should be about pushing the envelope and it sounds like they are with Hollywood now; them willing to go this far with Transformers has proven that. Besides, I'm sure there's various other things they can do besides trackless cars that they can do that would be deemed "cutting edge" by our standards.

Comment

Originally posted by CaliforniaAdventurer View Post
                      This is incorrect, the lower lot (just below the Los Angeles River) is being preserved for production space. The farthest part of the property, from the NE corner at Forest Lawn Drive down to the 101 Freeway, just west of Barham Blvd. is the location of the residential development.
                      ^if you read this article Universal Studios Hollywood lays out 20-year plan for future theme park attractions - latimes.com It says what in the lower lot they intend to move (or destroy) for the apartments.
                      Originally posted by F!an View Post
                      You have yourself mixed up. The theme park is broken into the upper lot (T2, Shrek, ST, etc) and the lower lot JP, Mummy, Transformers, etc) while the studio consists of the front lot (sound stages, bungalows, etc) and the back lot (Metro sets, Denver Street, Little Europe, etc). The area the 20yr plan talks about (Falls Lake, Colonial Street, etc) is part of the back lot.
                      Originally posted by CaliforniaAdventurer View Post
                      NBC Universal Evolution

See for yourself, it's exactly as I described it.
                      Well DRagon, what say you know?

Comment

Universal is way too landlocked to be any kind of threat to Disney, they really need to start considering land outside of Hollywood to build an Island of Adventure here in California. If Uni built IOA in Garden Grove or some other area in CA, it would really give Disney a run for thier money.

In order for Uni to be a feasible competitor here in Cali, this is what it has to do. They simply dont have the room on that hill in Hollywood to ever give the 2 park Disneyland Resort any type of competition.

Comment

If they weren't accross the river from Roy Disney, they could build a second gate on their back lot instead of building more homes and residential features.

Comment

Personally speaking, the building of Transformers is going to give me a reason to visit Universal Studios Hollywood on my next trip. Otherwise it is a skip because why visit the crappy version of Universal Orlando.
                            Get the latest and greatest theme park news by

Comment

Originally posted by Imag1neer View Post
                              Universal is way too landlocked to be any kind of threat to Disney, they really need to start considering land outside of Hollywood to build an Island of Adventure here in California. If Uni built IOA in Garden Grove or some other area in CA, it would really give Disney a run for thier money.

In order for Uni to be a feasible competitor here in Cali, this is what it has to do. They simply dont have the room on that hill in Hollywood to ever give the 2 park Disneyland Resort any type of competition.

Garden Grove?! That's like one small step up from Stanton or Hawaiian Gardens.

Problem with USH is that it's a working backlot. And because of that, their theme park draws people in. They definitely need to try a little harder in creating worth while entertainment offerings here but I think they're doing better than they have before, especially with getting Transformers in.

Land is a problem but they're doing okay financially. Their new halloween offerings certainly help.

Comment

Originally posted by Coheteboy View Post
                                Garden Grove?! That's like one small step up from Stanton or Hawaiian Gardens.

Problem with USH is that it's a working backlot. And because of that, their theme park draws people in. They definitely need to try a little harder in creating worth while entertainment offerings here but I think they're doing better than they have before, especially with getting Transformers in.

Land is a problem but they're doing okay financially. Their new halloween offerings certainly help.
                                Exactly.

Comment

Really they need to make Christmas more of an event, yes Grinchmas is cool but Disney offers sooo much more (Small World and NBC taking over HM) Maybe a new stunt show aid at Christmas and maybe a Simpsons Christmas Ride overlay.
                                  Happy Halloween!!!

Comment

Really they need to make Christmas more of an event, yes Grinchmas is cool but Disney offers sooo much more (Small World and NBC taking over HM) Maybe a new stunt show aid at Christmas and maybe a Simpsons Christmas Ride overlay.

They need more attractions that CAN be transformed to the holidays. Simpsons isn't one of them because the ride is so specific.

Jurassic Park, The Mummy, Transformers... these aren't holiday properties either.

Harry Potter on the other hand changes with the seasons. That's the beauty of that property and probably why they want it so badly.

Comment

^???? The Simpsons go on a Christmas Adventure works with everything they have now.
                                      Happy Halloween!!!

Comment

If they were to build harry potter attraction and the land and i was Universal i would build it next to the stairs that take you down to the bottom lot area. On the right side as you go down there is a hug piece of green land that sits directly behind the Mummy attraction. That areas is about 134,00 square feet of open space and oculd easily be made bigger with a road realignment and a piece of lot parking space moved around if necessary.

Since part of the land is sloped the large sowbuilding for the Potter ride could be built mostly against the hill just like they built the Jurrassic building

Comment

Originally posted by Baloo View Post
                                          If they were to build harry potter attraction and the land and i was Universal i would build it next to the stairs that take you down to the bottom lot area. On the right side as you go down there is a hug piece of green land that sits directly behind the Mummy attraction. That areas is about 134,00 square feet of open space and oculd easily be made bigger with a road realignment and a piece of lot parking space moved around if necessary.

Since part of the land is sloped the large sowbuilding for the Potter ride could be built mostly against the hill just like they built the Jurrassic building
                                          Are you talking about the large, green hill next to the parking structure? If so, that would make a lot of space for a Fast and the Furious ride.

Comment

Working...
                                          X