X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: USH May Want Wizzarding World

Originally posted by Baloo View Post
    If they were to build harry potter attraction and the land and i was Universal i would build it next to the stairs that take you down to the bottom lot area. On the right side as you go down there is a hug piece of green land that sits directly behind the Mummy attraction. That areas is about 134,00 square feet of open space and oculd easily be made bigger with a road realignment and a piece of lot parking space moved around if necessary.

Since part of the land is sloped the large sowbuilding for the Potter ride could be built mostly against the hill just like they built the Jurrassic building
    Are you talking about the large, green hill next to the parking structure? If so, that would make a lot of space for a Fast and the Furious ride. Also, that would make a GREAT space for something like that if Wizzarding World HAD to be done.

Comment

Originally posted by JerrodDRagon View Post
      ^???? The Simpsons go on a Christmas Adventure works with everything they have now.
      Think about it. What is needed for the Simpsons to be a holiday ride?

First, you'll need to completely change the story. Are they still going to be at Krustyland? If not... you'll need to redo the exterior because it no longer makes sense. Write and animate a brand new movie... while getting the actors to perform their voices. Program the ride.

ALL THAT... for something that's seasonal?? Give me a break.

Visit my mice chat toy shop!
      http://micechat.com/forums/merchandi...oy-shoppe.html

Track Disney Animation Presence in the Theme Parks Worldwide!
      http://micechat.com/forums/disneylan...ired-them.html

Comment

^it would be worth it in the long run since you could use it for 5+ years if its good enough. You can have them going to Krustyland just make it "Holiday time" at the park you really don't need to change anything up into the part where they talk about Sideshow Bob, then you would need to change the Preshow and ride.
        This would save them time the years after they use it since it would all just have to be programmed once and then every year just close the ride for a few days and bame you have an overlay. They need more people to come to the parks during the Holiday and this would get people to come over just adding a Christmas Tree to the Mummy. Like I said they could also have a Christmas Special Effects show or Animal Show...just more than what they do know...I mean its great and all but needs more to compet with Disneyland.
        Happy Halloween!!!

Comment

^it would be worth it in the long run since you could use it for 5+ years if its good enough. You can have them going to Krustyland just make it "Holiday time" at the park you really don't need to change anything up into the part where they talk about Sideshow Bob, then you would need to change the Preshow and ride.
          This would save them time the years after they use it since it would all just have to be programmed once and then every year just close the ride for a few days and bame you have an overlay. They need more people to come to the parks during the Holiday and this would get people to come over just adding a Christmas Tree to the Mummy. Like I said they could also have a Christmas Special Effects show or Animal Show...just more than what they do know...I mean its great and all but needs more to compet with Disneyland.
          Don't underestimate Grinchmas. It brings in a lot of people. This year five additional days had to be added to meet the demand and will be even longer next year and don't forget the Wild West Arena had a wall torn down (and merged with Western Street) to expand the tree lighting/snow play area.

Comment

Originally posted by Coheteboy View Post
            Jurassic Park, The Mummy, Transformers... these aren't holiday properties either.
            JP AAs can have fruitcake and wreaths, the Mummy cut outs can have garland, and Transformers can have Bumble Bee turn into Santa's sleigh.

Comment

You knew Christmas didn't mean anything anymore when....
              They need more people to come to the parks during the Holiday and this would get people to come over just adding a Christmas Tree to the Mummy. Like I said they could also have a Christmas Special Effects show or Animal Show...just more than what they do know...
              If just throwing a Christmas Tree in the Mummy is anyone's idea of a good idea, I must be dreaming. Not only is this patently offensive, it just shows that if you're going to recognize a holiday do it right. Don't be a transparent marketing ploy as deep as a pothole.

Comment

Originally posted by F!an View Post
                JP AAs can have fruitcake and wreaths, the Mummy cut outs can have garland, and Transformers can have Bumble Bee turn into Santa's sleigh.
                Please, be kidding.

Comment

Wouldn't it be great if they could aquire some of the sets used in the movie, and bring them to Hollywood? For a more genuine connection. I know WB announced they are buying Leavesden Studios in the UK where the films were shot, so I assume they'll want to keep some (but not all?) of the Harry Potter elements there. But it would be great if the two Uni parks could complement rather than cannibalize themselves.

Comment

Originally posted by F!an View Post
                    LOL, okay, you twisted my arm. Let's do it!

Comment

ADMIN NOTE:

I love the idea of adding Christmas overlays to the existing rides (works for Disneyland and Knott's). HOWEVER, this is WAY OFF TOPIC to this thread. Please start a separate discussion for Christmas ideas for the park and keep this discussion about a possible Wizarding World for Universal Hollywood.

Thanks for your help folks!

Dusty
                      MiceChat 101: Be NICE! If you don't play well with others, you are in the wrong sandbox.

Find us on Facebook: .

How do you support MiceChat? Join MiceChat GOLD!,
                      Save

Comment

I vote that they remove the entire theme park and replace it with a Harry Potter themed park.

^Art by me!
                        Check out my
                        Flickr page for a selection of my Disneyland Resort photography (and more)! {new photos 8.19.15}
                        You can purchase a selection of my photos as well as clothing and stickers designed by me at my RedBubble page.
                        Visit my
                        Tumblr blog for another way to view and share my photos.
                        Radiator Springs Racers ride count: 22

Comment

Originally posted by KEBSD View Post
                          I vote that they remove the entire theme park and replace it with a Harry Potter themed park.
                          And lose HHN? I don't think so.

Comment

Originally posted by Freakazoid112 View Post
                            And lose HHN? I don't think so.
                            I think you and I are the only sane ones left...
                            :razz:

Comment

with the hobbit in production, and the fact that it will be 2 movies, it is the perfect time to build a Lord of the rings land. Make it magical, epic, and adult. I am going to keep railing... no HP for Hollywood lol
                              Get the latest and greatest theme park news by

Comment

Originally posted by KingEric View Post
                                with the hobbit in production, and the fact that it will be 2 movies, it is the perfect time to build a Lord of the rings land. Make it magical, epic, and adult. I am going to keep railing... no HP for Hollywood lol
                                Would it be feasible to add a land to a theme park that has no lands to begin with?

Comment

I've been SCUBA diving with sharks, skiing in an avalanche, and once went skydiving on LSD, but I certainly don't have the nerve to make assumptions about a rumour. Interest in HP will probably wane about 25 years after people lose interest in Star Wars, so I don't see it happening soon. Shoot, you get over 100,000 hits on Google for "Elvis impersonator" and its been over 30 years since they found the king in the toilet.

I can never understand why anyone that isn't a stockholder would give 1/2 a whit about whether someone from California would fly to Florida.

(Engage sarcasm mode) I sure look forward to third installments of some films mentioned here. Maybe they'll be as good as masterpieces like Jaws 3, JP 3.....(disengage sarcasm mode)
                                  A bientot.
                                  Remember
                                  What the dormouse said
                                  Feed your head!

sigpic

You've read it; you can't unread it!

Comment

Good work, Sir Clinksalot! (post #24 on page 2) Thank you!

Yes, the Transformers flicks have made a lot of money, but they are still stupid movies directed by Michael Bay. And the Mummy is aptly named.

But if there isn't room for HP, how about a tour of Slytherin?
                                    Or that undersized wand shop with a butterbeer stand out front?

Disney, sell Marvel to Universal. Then, Universal, build an improved, updated version of Orlando's excellent but aging Spiderman attraction.

Comment

Sidebar: Did you say skydiving on LSD?

Is that one of those Six Flags attractions that require an additional fee?

Comment

Haha, Disney won't sell Universal anything if it means for Universal to "improve" or expand on anything.

Comment

Unsettling news from Screamscape:

Wizarding World of Harry Potter - Under Consideration - (12/13/10) The buzz about the possibility of a second Wizarding World of Harry Potter coming to Universal Hollywood has got some of the big Hollywood gossip hounds talking now. The news we revealed even made the headlines over at Prez Hilton, though for some reason they chose to link to our news indirectly through a posting at MuggleNet instead of coming right to the source, but what can you do, right?
                                          Of course from what I’ve been told, Universal is 100% at this point, and like the Universal Orlando project, the fate of it all lies once again in the hand of JK Rowling. Of course this may not be the end-all either as there may be another mystery project in development between Universal Creative and JK Rowling as well… hmmm. More on this later.

I hope this does not go through!

Comment

Working...
                                          X