This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: USH May Want Wizzarding World

^but I don't see how Harry Potter is REALLY any different than the Mummy, or King Kong.......expect Harry Potter has a MUCH bigger fan basic and there are rumors that Potter will have ANOTHER series in the next ten years. Also like I said before Pirates and HM are great rides and don't have any real lasting power expect they are great rides....you make a great ride or show no matter what its baed on and people will like it if its good.
    Happy Halloween!!!

Comment

To say The Mummy and King Kong have smaller fan bases than HP and that Pirates and HM are popular only because they are good rides is ludicrous. The Mummy and King Kong have had fan bases since 1932 and 1933, respectively, while HP is barely hitting puberty. Yes their attractions are based more on their modern counterparts, but the success of each isn't because of an association with some ride at some theme park. Their success comes from many generations having their own experiences and memories of each property. I watch the original Mummy film with my grandfather and he has seen the 1999 version with me. He likes the new version and I like the old version. We talk about both. Can't do that with HP.

As for HM and Pirates, they were attractions long before they were movies. No, they are not the most technologically advanced attractions nor in the best conditions but like Kong and the Mummy, they have entertained many generations with their immersive storytelling and out of the box concepts.

Ultimately, the difference between what we're talking about is one single attraction (HM/Pirates/Kong/JP/etc which have proven their longevity) versus an entire land (HP which wouldn't be open for at least 4 years and could become the victim of 'the next big thing' before it opens).

Comment

^All three of the New Mummy Movies have made 460 Million in total.....ANY of the Harry Potter movies have made more than that.....so I do think that Harry Potter has A MUCH larger fan base than the Mummy and I'll do to say that it Potter has more fans that Jurassic Park (all three of its movies made 760 million in total)

It just seems like Potter is the logical choice for the Parks....believe me I know non Potter fans that would go see this new "area" if it opened over a many other rides or shows. If you have a vote from all the APs and guests I am more than 100% sure Potterland would be the #1 thing they want to see.

So if the guests want it, the other Potterland makes money and busts attendance plue the movies made HUGE dough....I see no reason no to make the land the only ones against it are people that want to see Universal do more orgianl rides which while may be more "creative" wont bring the money of Harry Potter.
        Happy Halloween!!!

Comment

Working...
        X