• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • JerrodDRagon
    Adventure First, Ad Last
    • Mar 2006

Re: USH May Want Wizzarding World

^I have no clue why you would not want Potterland besides the extra crowds. I know you want that one type of ride but for on the ride can still come at one point if they want it to, and two millions in CA will be more than excited to see this new land. Sounds to me like what a theme park is suppose to do, make people happy and have them come in the park and spend money. Everyone wins.
    Happy Halloween!!!

Comment

• Freakazoid112
      Banned User
      • Apr 2010

Originally posted by JerrodDRagon View Post
      ^I have no clue why you would not want Potterland besides the extra crowds. I know you want that one type of ride but for on the ride can still come at one point if they want it to, and two millions in CA will be more than excited to see this new land. Sounds to me like what a theme park is suppose to do, make people happy and have them come in the park and spend money. Everyone wins.
      What worries me is all of the maze space for HHN gone to make way for this cloned land from Orlando. On top of that, if it replaces any part of the park, we'll lose scarezones since JK hates HHN. Not to mention possible expansion space wasted on presumably one ride and a crap-load of shops.

Why not do something with Lord of the Rings or something? The Hobbit doesn't come out too terribly far from now and would be cool to see at USH.

Comment

• KingEric
        is in Antarctica
        MiceChat Round-Up Crew
        • Oct 2007

Originally posted by Freakazoid112 View Post
        What worries me is all of the maze space for HHN gone to make way for this cloned land from Orlando. On top of that, if it replaces any part of the park, we'll lose scarezones since JK hates HHN. Not to mention possible expansion space wasted on presumably one ride and a crap-load of shops.

Why not do something with Lord of the Rings or something? The Hobbit doesn't come out too terribly far from now and would be cool to see at USH.
        I 100% agree with you. But I think that USH, and USJ are both going to be getting WWoHP. There are people out here trying to kill the USH plans since the staff out here are the people who have JK's ear. But from what I heard recently USJ is pretty far along.
        Get the latest and greatest theme park news by

Comment

• F!an
          MiceChatter
          • Nov 2009

IF HP comes to USH (and that's a big if) we're looking at least 5 years, if not longer, until opening. How popular will HP be a decade from now? Enough to demolish a couple acres of existing infrastructure, demo/move an AMP, and build an entire land from scratch? We're not talking about overlaying existing attractions like at USO. Can USH really afford to close half of the theme park for that long?

Comment

• Freakazoid112
            Banned User
            • Apr 2010

Originally posted by F!an View Post
            IF HP comes to USH (and that's a big if) we're looking at least 5 years, if not longer, until opening. How popular will HP be a decade from now? Enough to demolish a couple acres of existing infrastructure, demo/move an AMP, and build an entire land from scratch? We're not talking about overlaying existing attractions like at USO. Can USH really afford to close half of the theme park for that long?
            Exactly! Are me and F!an the only sane people on the internet? LOL. I wonder if people that are demanding the HP come to the West coast have even considered that? We'd lose half if not all of HHN AND the attractions for this stupid HP world. Plus, it's a HUGE gamble at this point since HP isn't going to last much longer. It'll have a following like Star Wars or LotR sure, but it won't be nearly as popular by then. It would be devastating to lose half the park and HHN just to see this be a complete bomb.

If they do officially announce plans to demo half the park for this, who's with me on sending protest emails before it's too late?

Comment

• KingEric
              is in Antarctica
              MiceChat Round-Up Crew
              • Oct 2007

Exactly! Are me and F!an the only sane people on the internet? LOL. I wonder if people that are demanding the HP come to the West coast have even considered that? We'd lose half if not all of HHN AND the attractions for this stupid HP world. Plus, it's a HUGE gamble at this point since HP isn't going to last much longer. It'll have a following like Star Wars or LotR sure, but it won't be nearly as popular by then. It would be devastating to lose half the park and HHN just to see this be a complete bomb.

If they do officially announce plans to demo half the park for this, who's with me on sending protest emails before it's too late?
              well as far as it opening long after the film, I think these films are going to have staying power. Littler Mermaid came out in 1989 yet it is just getting an attraction. Star Wars Revenge of the Sith came out in 2005, yet Star Tours II is opening. Some films have staying power some don't ****cough**** Honey I shrunk the kids****cough****

Comment

• BC_DisneyGeek
                Seasick
                • Oct 2007

Wizarding World is the best thing to happen to theme parks in a long time. It's a massive hit, I wouldn't worry about it bombing. I also don't think Universal would be concerned about the impact to HHN (assuming there would be any), when Potter could drive attendance year-round.

Originally posted by KingEric View Post
                well as far as it opening long after the film, I think these films are going to have staying power. Littler Mermaid came out in 1989 yet it is just getting an attraction. Star Wars Revenge of the Sith came out in 2005, yet Star Tours II is opening. Some films have staying power some don't ****cough**** Honey I shrunk the kids****cough****
                Exactly, Harry Potter is certainly more relevant than Mermaid, Star Wars, or even Indiana Jones (still amongst the biggest draws in Disneyland). Potter is a beloved franchise that will continue to enchant audiences, and new generations will enjoy it just as they've enjoyed classic Disney stories, even ones created long before they were born.
                My Micechat cruise trip report, Part 1:http://micechat.com/14795-disney-wonder/

Comment

• JerrodDRagon
                  Adventure First, Ad Last
                  • Mar 2006

Originally posted by F!an View Post
                  The Mummy and Jurassic Park and Transfomers and not even close to Harry Potter. Harry Potter has fans of the movies the books the everything. Its like Star Wars - Star Tours was great for the years AFTER the movies stopped.

Really Harry Potter is worth it, its not just a "clone" and even if it was it does not make it worst, should we at Disneyland not get Star Tours or Mermaid or Toy story because another park does? That's crazy, if its a good ride its a good ride, I'm sure if they said Spiderman and MIB were coming to the park no one would object but for some reason "non" Potter fans hate on it just cause they don't like it.
                  HHN will live on, if they want to make it better they can do that they have the space even after a new Potterland, if anyhting it will give them more mony to make events like HHN and Grinchmas BETTER. In closing people not wanting Potter coming to Universal is like people not wanting Marvel at Disney Parks...its coming and there is nothing anyone can do about it better enjoy the them rather than fight them
                  Happy Halloween!!!

Comment

• CaliforniaAdventurer
                    MiceChatter
                    • Jan 2005

/\
                    Take a look at this:
                    \/
                    Traffic Expert Answers Questions About Universal Expansion Plan - Studio City, CA Patch

We're developing a new four lane divided road through the residential portion of the development that will begin at Forest Lawn and Barham. It will go all the way down to the Buddy Holly drive near the Universal Studios Boulevard overpass. So people in our development or people from the outside who are coming down Forest Lawn will be able to use that new four lane divided roadway parallel to Barham to get to Northbound and Southbound US 101. It is an alternate route for traffic that's currently on Barham but more importantly it's a route that all of the project traffic can take to get to 134 or get to 101 without having to use Barham.

Comment

• CaliforniaAdventurer
                      MiceChatter
                      • Jan 2005

I think you'll be able to go from the Northbound Hollywood Freeway (101) to the Eastbound Ventura Freeway (134) when a new connector is funded; currently cars trucks and semis have to exit the freeway, drive on city streets and get back on the other freeway. Also to go from the Westbound Ventura Freeway (134) to the Southbound Hollywood Freeway (101). We also have this problem if you're going South/East on the Ventura Freeway (101) and want to move to the northbound Hollywood Freeway (170). Confused? So are drivers.

Comment

• CaliforniaAdventurer
                        MiceChatter
                        • Jan 2005

Opponents of Universal Expansion Make Their Voices Heard at Public Meeting - Studio City, CA Patch

The local residents are not happy.

Comment

• Homan
                          MiceChatter
                          • May 2009

I would love to see an Expansion of Universal. And it would help the local community. A Harry Potter addition and the Transformers ride coming in would really get me to go to Universal more than once every 2 years.

Comment

• CaliforniaAdventurer
                            MiceChatter
                            • Jan 2005

I live nearby and truthfully, it won't help the local community in the sense that the area Universal occupies is one of the biggest traffic nightmares in the region already and it will get worse. But the traffic mitigation improvements are needed with or without the expansion.

Comment

• JerrodDRagon
                              Adventure First, Ad Last
                              • Mar 2006

Ok I understand them not wanting them to do Constitution on the streets and Freeway it effects EVERYONE but stop going after HHN, its a event that gives jobs to people and stimulates the economy it's does more good than bad....if its that loud (which I can not even hear it from city walk) move but really its not that bad, I have a school near my house and the nad plays on weekends and football games can get loud on Firday nights but it does not ruin my day in one way.

But hey I agree about them not having a good plan for the future because all LA needs is more Traffic its bad enough as it is now and we don't need to make it worst for some aparments.
                              Happy Halloween!!!

Comment

• KingEric
                                is in Antarctica
                                MiceChat Round-Up Crew
                                • Oct 2007

well screamscape has updated their point of view

Universal Studios Hollywood

... Even if a deal is signed, the land designed and budgets approved, your still facing the fact that a West coast version wouldn’t be ready to open until at least 2014 at the earliest. With the final film in the series set to launch a little over 6 months, it would be 3 more years until guests could walk the corridors of Hogwarts. So to these more concerned management members, they have to address the elephant in the room and ask, does Harry Potter have the staying power to stay a hot property for 3 solid years beyond the release of the final film? ...

Comment

• Freakazoid112
                                  Banned User
                                  • Apr 2010

I'm glad the execs have finally realized the big issue here.

Comment

• KingEric
                                    is in Antarctica
                                    MiceChat Round-Up Crew
                                    • Oct 2007

I'm glad the execs have finally realized the big issue here.
                                    I think that it has the classic staying power. That in 20, 30 years it will still be wildly popular. That being said, everyone here in Orlando is throwing whatever wrench into the works for this concept for Hollywood.

Comment

• Freakazoid112
                                      Banned User
                                      • Apr 2010

I think that it has the classic staying power. That in 20, 30 years it will still be wildly popular. That being said, everyone here in Orlando is throwing whatever wrench into the works for this concept for Hollywood.
                                      At first I was very hostel to such a land coming to USH because of how it'll change the park dramatically, most like effect HHN, and hog up potential expansion space (Gibson and WW), but I can't honestly blame them with Tron: The Ride on its way to DL (most likely). If they do insist on this, I hope they leave SOME room open for a new E-Ticket ride.

Comment

• JerrodDRagon
                                        Adventure First, Ad Last
                                        • Mar 2006

See I don't get it Universal has had MANY good rides based off of movies that would ever have another movie coming out like BTTF, E.T, The mummy and its even been 10 years since we have seen a Jurassic Park movie. Water World is a great show and is tied to a not so great movie, it's all about what you do.

Pirates and HM show us that if the ride is good you need NO movie or TV show to make it popular, yes Univrsal should have started doing this years ago to Hollywood ut if they give us a good ride and some great shops they will be wildly loved years after the movies come out.
                                        Happy Halloween!!!

Comment

• F!an
                                          MiceChatter
                                          • Nov 2009

So...basically what I said a couple of pages ago...

Comment

Get Away Today Footer

Collapse
                                          Working...
                                          X