• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• USH May Want Wizzarding World

From Screamscape:

Park News

Re: USH May Want Wizzarding World

There really is No room for what would be worth it, I mean if they took out the Wild West, T2 area they would have room but no where to put a BIG ride that would draw people in. Really the only place would be in the lower lot where they shoot movies....but I just don't see them destroying sound stages for one ride, even if more people would come to the park.
    Happy Halloween!!!

Comment

No room? Are you kidding me? They could build it anywhere on the front or back lot. You'll just have to take the Hogwart's Express to get there. The possibilities of a great attraction to get to another great attraction... how cool is that? Why not build it on the hillside where the collapsing bridge, Kong movie and that old tram stop from the '70s are? Or where Falls Lake and the Mummy currently are? There's lots of unused places on the Universal lot to build this, especially if their plans to build condos don't go through (and I doubt that they will).

Comment

You're worried you'll lose Waterworld for just "one cloned ride"? You should be so lucky, to lose a dated (albeit good, admittedly) show and get the greatest theme park attraction currently in existance (imo) in its' place.
        My Micechat cruise trip report, Part 1:http://micechat.com/14795-disney-wonder/

Comment

Originally posted by BC_DisneyGeek View Post
          You're worried you'll lose Waterworld for just "one cloned ride"? You should be so lucky, to lose a dated (albeit good, admittedly) show and get the greatest theme park attraction currently in existance (imo) in its' place.
          I'm not sure you really follow what I mean here. I assume they're not going to build Dragons or Higgenhorf (Misspelled, so shoot me.) there so if they took out WW and Gibson for one ride and a bunch of shops, there goes any potential for a second ride to be there, you see what I mean? One cloned ride and several shops VS two new rides (Which USH REALLY needs.)

Comment

Sorry, but I want this to stay an Orlando exclusive.
            Get the latest and greatest theme park news by

Comment

Originally posted by KingEric View Post
              Sorry, but I want this to stay an Orlando exclusive.
              I'm glad that someone finally agrees with me on this. I don't want them to waste all of that space in the Gibson and WW where two big rides can go for just a big clone and a bunch of shops.

Comment

I honestly thought that after the success of HP they would quickly change the Transformers ride into Forbidden Journey.

I'm sure if they could find some way to change Jurassic Park into Harry Potter they could convert the entire lower-lot to Harry Potter. Mummy could be changed (read made non-sucky) to Harry Potter quite easily.

Comment

Originally posted by ducksman View Post
                  No room? Are you kidding me? They could build it anywhere on the front or back lot. You'll just have to take the Hogwart's Express to get there. The possibilities of a great attraction to get to another great attraction... how cool is that? Why not build it on the hillside where the collapsing bridge, Kong movie and that old tram stop from the '70s are? Or where Falls Lake and the Mummy currently are? There's lots of unused places on the Universal lot to build this, especially if their plans to build condos don't go through (and I doubt that they will).
                  We'll they are making most of the lower lot (the area's you were talking about) into apartments (their is another thread about there plans for the next 20 years)

I know people want it to be exclusive but lets be realistic here, I know many people who want to go to Universal in Florida but don't have the money to go and if we get the worst version I'm sure Potter fans will want to go to both no matter what.

Really they could make a area of shops and restaurants where Water World/the Giblson Theater is and then have a train take them to another area for the Ride but this would mean they would haave to not make as many apartments, so we'll have to see. I have NO problem with a small Harry Potter area with no rides, would be better than what we have now.
                  Happy Halloween!!!

Comment

Originally posted by sir clinksalot View Post
                    I'm sure if they could find some way to change Jurassic Park into Harry Potter they could convert the entire lower-lot to Harry Potter. Mummy could be changed (read made non-sucky) to Harry Potter quite easily.
                    NNNOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by JerrodDRagon View Post
                      I know people want it to be exclusive but lets be realistic here, I know many people who want to go to Universal in Florida but don't have the money to go
                      Trying to chase money who can't afford the product isn't the way to success. By building something up to be elusive and worthwhile... you can get people to spend more $$ to get it.

UNI will love the people paying to stay in their hotels to visit HP - not love 'well another boat load of APs were able to come see HP today!'

Comment

Originally posted by Freakazoid112 View Post
                        NNNOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!
                        My thoughts exactly, I would die if Jurassic Park: The Ride goes extinct over some wizard boy and his magic wand stick, lol.

Comment

Maybe this "could" part of the 20 year master city report plan? I personally couldn't never really see Harry Potter on the Hollywood property, I always have a pet peeve with Universal using film properties that technically isn't there's to begin with to have attractions at there theme parks, unless they helped make the film (Twister).

I gave up on Potter since part 3, the only reminiscent of a castle that could be a Harry Potter attraction. Is the building on the upper lot, that now houses the special effects show, aka The Adventures of Conan: A Sword and Sorcery Spectacular. Time will tell...

Comment

Keep in mind that USH execs are wanting this so bad they're willing to demo anything and, if necessary, EVERYTHING to put it in there. Well if they HAVE to put it up there, here's what my plan would be:

Move the Gibson, as a slightly smaller venue, to where Rocky and Bullwinkle parking is. Move the CG play area where Coke Soak is. Put the whole shops and everything there and put the ride itself where the Gibson was. WW would be left alone for a trackless MIB-style ride.

Comment

Why not get rid of Universal Citiwalk to bring in both Harry Potter and Spider-Man?

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X