Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Universal Studios Hollywood still doing night tours!

Collapse

Ad Widget

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Universal Studios Hollywood still doing night tours!

Still to my surprise or maybe not but people are saying that Universal Studios Hollywood is still doing night tours due to much excitement for King Kong 3D, depending on the day of course but some said even when the park closes its gates at 5 or 6 or 9 (depending on the day). Within the park, the line for the tram remains solid, and they let the tour go on the famous back-lot when the sun goes down. Even after the suggested last tram time, due to high attendance, UNI lets every last guest in line to go on the studio back-lot tour. I went a couple weeks ago, and yep, the night tours are still happening.

These videos weren't made by me but prove it's a different experience, and the camera man and his posse are bit annoying...

Last edited by JMora; 12-28-2010, 12:26 AM.

Re: Universal Studios Hollywood still doing night tours!

I just went on the tour yesterday and it was pretty much dark by the time we got out of the Grinch's tunnel. The tram had to stop twice because there were two instances were someone pulled the emergency cord. The first one was, presumably, a family had to use the bathroom REALLY bad. The second time, some guy lost his camera. Really weird.

Comment

Wow seems really cool! I wonder how are all the other attractions like Jaws, and the flood are at Night...I would really love to see Jaws at night! That'd be so awesome...

Originally posted by Freakazoid112 View Post
      I just went on the tour yesterday and it was pretty much dark by the time we got out of the Grinch's tunnel. The tram had to stop twice because there were two instances were someone pulled the emergency cord. The first one was, presumably, a family had to use the bathroom REALLY bad. The second time, some guy lost his camera. Really weird.
      Just wondering, how were the crowds???
      Originally posted by MainStreetJake
      Mike's funny. Dirty as a mud wrestling tournament, but funny.
      Originally posted by williamtheking
      Mike Skellington: He is what everyone says is wrong with the internet generation, and I love the ******* for it!
      Mike Skellington
      My Tumblr.....Pretty Please Follow!!!!!!!!! And I'll follow you back.

Comment

Originally posted by MikeSkellington View Post
        Just wondering, how were the crowds???
        Oh, they were terrible! Later in the day, there was 60 min. wait for Mummy, 45 min. wait for JP, 45 for T2:3D, 75 for SImpsons, and a 90 min. wait for the tram. Even when it got completely dark when we got off the wait was still long! People were cutting pushing in line for the tram at every moment, it was jam-packed....UGH. The line for the tram was so long, the tram had to unload where the storage shed is for the trams so the queue could overflow where the tram would normally stop. Really, it was THAT packed.

Comment

I just got back tonight... and I can second the fact that the park was mobbed. Line for the tram was 110 minutes at 5pm. Park was open til 10, which is pretty late for USH. I can also confirm the tram unload at a secondary location. Even the House of Horrors had a 20 minute line, and that never has a line unless it's HHN.
          Does anyone even bother with signatures anymore?

Comment

Attendance has been huge this week with several days now making the attendance top 5 list. While I can't tell you exact numbers, USH hasn't seen these kinds of steady numbers in at least 10 years.

Yes, the Studio Tour extended queue now has it's own extended queue. The normal unload area/road has been filled with switchbacks and now trams unload in a purpose built Grinchmas themed unload area built on the other side of the hedge in what is the Tram garage. Despite the new extended extended queue, the line still goes up the escalator, across the bridge and on forever and a day.

Comment

If the Studio Tour is one of your favorites, then I highly recommend the highest-tier annual pass. With it, you get priority boarding for the tour! Because King Kong 360 3-D was opening this past summer, I figured that extra perk would be worth the money when I renewed my pass in the spring. Today, the posted standby time was between 85-100 minutes in the afternoon. But I rode the Studio Tour three times with minimal wait. I had to make sure I caught my friends in the Whoville show before it closes on Sunday.

Note: there is some un-named production using the metro sets, so you barely get a glimpse of the rebuilt sets and you skip Courthouse Square altogether. Today, the tour also skipped the main road of Six Points Texas, the parting of the waters (S.S. Venture model) and Little Europe. Despite skipping all these sections, the tour still took nearly 45 minutes.

Big kudos to all the team members for managing the large crowds. Although I didn't have to deal with the huge line, it seems like the trams were coming almost back-to-back in the loading zone to keep the line moving as efficiently as possible.

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
              Working...
              X