Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Hop Characters at Universal Hollywood starting March 5th!

Collapse

Ad Widget

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Hop Characters at Universal Hollywood starting March 5th!

    Starting tomorrow, you can Hunt for HOP at Universal Studios Hollywood with E.B. and other characters from the upcoming movie HOP, in theaters on April 1st. With a special map, you and your family can join in on the "Bunny Business" throughout the park. For HOP games, downloads, and more visit
    I'm gussing you'll be able to take pictures with the Chicks and of course E.B...I wish knw last week I wouldn't have gone Thursday and gone tomorrow.
    Happy Halloween!!!

  • #2
    Re: Hop Characters at Universal Hollywood starting March 5th!

    To specify, the characters can be found outside of Cartooniversal.

    Also, the Despicable Me photo op adjacent to Mel's Diner and Universal Animal Actors has been replaced with a HOP layout featuring a full drum kit and other music making devices.

    Comment


    • #3
      Re: Hop Characters at Universal Hollywood starting March 5th!

      Here he is at Universal Studios Orlando at the AMC Theatre.
      Get the latest and greatest theme park news by

      Comment


      • #4
        Re: Hop Characters at Universal Hollywood starting March 5th!

        Originally posted by F!an View Post
        To specify, the characters can be found outside of Cartooniversal.

        Also, the Despicable Me photo op adjacent to Mel's Diner and Universal Animal Actors has been replaced with a HOP layout featuring a full drum kit and other music making devices.
        That's what I was guessing was going on in that spot when I saw it....so what other characters besides E.B will be in the parks? Just the Chicks?
        Happy Halloween!!!

        Comment


        • #5
          Re: Hop Characters at Universal Hollywood starting March 5th!

          I just saw a commercial for this movie today. it looks... weird. What is it, bunnies vs chickies?

          Comment


          • #6
            Re: Hop Characters at Universal Hollywood starting March 5th!

            Watched the trailer at the website. It peaked my interest. Looks like it could be a cute movie. It's certainly the right time of year for a cute easter bunny theme movie. CGI characters interacting with real live people (includng James Marsden), along the style of the recent Alvin and the Chipmunks movies. Disney certainly hasn't done much with Eater Bunny movies, they seemed to have ignored Easter altogether here in the US, not sure why. Not even the US Disney Parks do much to acknowlegde Easter. And that is really a missed opportunity, especially when considering how big a part of the year the Christmas and Halloween events and decorations have been so successful.
            Critter Country's a mess ev'r since the Country Bears were kicked out. Ya can't cover pooh with honey and 'spect people ta like it.
            An Adventurers It's Time to Put the Spotlight Back on Bring Back the REAL Disney Gallery
            Life for Me! ~ ~ ~ Melvin, Buff, and Max!!! ~~~~ Dump the Dream Suite!
            Meese-ka Moose-ka Mice-Chatter!

            Comment


            • #7
              Re: Hop Characters at Universal Hollywood starting March 5th!

              Originally posted by JerrodDRagon View Post
              That's what I was guessing was going on in that spot when I saw it....so what other characters besides E.B will be in the parks? Just the Chicks?
              Just E.B. is out for M&G.

              Originally posted by aimster View Post
              I just saw a commercial for this movie today. it looks... weird. What is it, bunnies vs chickies?
              Here's the info we got today along with the daily CM Snapshot:

              HOP is a feature film that is a blend of state-of-the-art animation and live action. The movie tells the story of E.B., the teenage son of the Easter Bunny who, on the eve of taking over the family business, runs away from home for Hollywood, to pursue his dream of becoming a drummer.
              My guess is the chicks and other woodland characters are there to either get E.B. to return home or take over.


              Originally posted by Aladdin View Post
              Watched the trailer at the website. It peaked my interest. Looks like it could be a cute movie. It's certainly the right time of year for a cute easter bunny theme movie. CGI characters interacting with real live people (includng James Marsden), along the style of the recent Alvin and the Chipmunks movies. Disney certainly hasn't done much with Eater Bunny movies, they seemed to have ignored Easter altogether here in the US, not sure why. Not even the US Disney Parks do much to acknowledge Easter. And that is really a missed opportunity, especially when considering how big a part of the year the Christmas and Halloween events and decorations have been so successful.
              Yes, HOP is being released around Easter but I wouldn't call it the launching pad for Eastertime at USH or any theme park for that matter. Other than the few HOP promo items in the upper lot, updated pre-show video at Universal Animal Actors and along the ST tram route (which are just character cut outs) there are no decorations or any other indication something is being celebrate (unless something changes soon).

              Comment


              • #8
                Re: Hop Characters at Universal Hollywood starting March 5th!

                ^that's cool....I hope they keep him out for a long tim...I never saw the Minions and I go A LOT but never had the chance to take a pic.
                Happy Halloween!!!

                Comment


                • #9
                  Re: Hop Characters at Universal Hollywood starting March 5th!

                  There is also a pretty sizeable amount of "Hop" related merchandise, including plush "E.B.s" and t-shirts available, as well as "Pink berets"(actual headwear, as opposed to the "Pink Beret" commandos, who may also be making appearances in the park).
                  The premise of the movie is kind of similar to a movie coming out from Sony/Aardman later this year called "Arthur Christmas". That's not a typo. Arthur is the son of Santa, who is also the heir to the legacy of the holiday. In the U.K. as some of us know, Santa is sometimes called "Father Christmas", and this movie has an entire cast from the U.K., including Jim Broadbent as Santa, and James McAvoy(who you can hear now in Gnomeo and Juliet) as Arthur.
                  Back on topic, I guess one of the limitations of this movie is that a DVD release happening the usual 6 months after the theatrical release wouldn't make much sense. They'll have to wait for Easter 2012.
                  The director of "Hop" is Tim Hill, who did, in fact, direct the first "Alvin" movie, the second "Garfield" movie and "Muppets from Space". Most of the effects work is being handled by Rythm and Hues,(Scooby-Doo, Yogi Bear, Garfield, Alvin, Land of the Lost and on and on).

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Re: Hop Characters at Universal Hollywood starting March 5th!


                    It almost seems like a April Fool's joke, lol.

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Re: Hop Characters at Universal Hollywood starting March 5th!

                      Originally posted by JerrodDRagon View Post
                      ^that's cool....I hope they keep him out for a long tim...I never saw the Minions and I go A LOT but never had the chance to take a pic.
                      The promotion is scheduled to run until 5/1.

                      Comment

                      Ad Widget

                      Collapse
                      Working...
                      X