Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Uni Hollywood Construction Progress. Check out the Humongous Building Taking Shape.

Collapse

Ad Widget

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Uni Hollywood Construction Progress. Check out the Humongous Building Taking Shape.

    YouTube - UPDATE Transformers Ride coming to Universal Studios Hollywood in 2012

    The Transformers ride building is becoming of mammoth scale. In fact, the construction is coming along so well that i'm wondering if Uni might be ahead of schedule for their 2012 targeted opening time.
    To Boldly Go Where No MiceChatter Has Gone Before!


  • #2
    Re: Uni Hollywood Construction Progress. Check out the Humongous Building Taking Sha

    Originally posted by Ride Warrior View Post
    YouTube - UPDATE Transformers Ride coming to Universal Studios Hollywood in 2012

    The Transformers ride building is becoming of mammoth scale. In fact, the construction is coming along so well that i'm wondering if Uni might be ahead of schedule for their 2012 targeted opening time.
    Really old video. Show building is already almost fully enclosed.

    Comment


    • #3
      Re: Uni Hollywood Construction Progress. Check out the Humongous Building Taking Sha

      My pics from today (also check out "In the Parks" every Friday for the most up-to-date pics):























      Comment


      • #4
        Re: Uni Hollywood Construction Progress. Check out the Humongous Building Taking Sha

        ^yeah I was there today and when I watched the video was like wait.....they had more done today when I went, lol

        Going to be the best ride at the park I think, hoping Universal can make an entertaining Q since the line will be like an over 2 hours the next summer
        Happy Halloween!!!

        Comment


        • #5
          Re: Uni Hollywood Construction Progress. Check out the Humongous Building Taking Sha

          Originally posted by F!an View Post
          My pics from today (also check out "In the Parks" every Friday for the most up-to-date pics):



          Originally posted by JerrodDRagon View Post
          ^yeah I was there today and when I watched the video was like wait.....they had more done today when I went, lol

          Going to be the best ride at the park I think, hoping Universal can make an entertaining Q since the line will be like an over 2 hours the next summer
          Thanx for the current pix guys. The show building is coming along quite nicely! Again, i think they may well be ahead of schedule.
          Last edited by Ride Warrior; 04-23-2011, 12:58 PM.
          To Boldly Go Where No MiceChatter Has Gone Before!

          Comment


          • #6
            Re: Uni Hollywood Construction Progress. Check out the Humongous Building Taking Sha

            Again RW! Your posting usless threads! Make them uniqe and intersting! Not ust news that we hear abou on dateline disneyland or in the parks! Just a friednly complement!

            BTW I was there yesterday and man was the building awesome!

            Comment


            • #7
              Re: Uni Hollywood Construction Progress. Check out the Humongous Building Taking Sha

              Originally posted by Dlandclub33 View Post
              Again RW! Your posting usless threads! Make them uniqe and intersting! Not ust news that we hear abou on dateline disneyland or in the parks! Just a friednly complement!

              BTW I was there yesterday and man was the building awesome!
              Appreciate the advice Dlandclub. I should have had more sense than to post a month old video
              (probably two months since it was shot). It's difficult not to be heavily intrigued as to the ride that awesome building will house!
              To Boldly Go Where No MiceChatter Has Gone Before!

              Comment


              • #8
                Re: Uni Hollywood Construction Progress. Check out the Humongous Building Taking Sha

                Looking at all of the walls going up, it just makes me wonder how the indoor queue is going to look...

                Comment


                • #9
                  Re: Uni Hollywood Construction Progress. Check out the Humongous Building Taking Sha

                  Originally posted by JerrodDRagon View Post
                  Going to be the best ride at the park I think, hoping Universal can make an entertaining Queue since the line will be like an over 2 hours the next summer
                  It may even be the best ride in all of California when complete. As excited as we are about Radiator Springs Racers, the real race will be between Uni and Disney next year. We understand that Uni is in it to win it and wants to knock Disney off its feet. We shall have to wait and see if they succeed.

                  Obviously, there is no way for Universal to compete with Disney on sheer size and volume of visitors, but they'd just like to be known as having the best theme park attraction.
                  MiceChat 101: Be NICE! If you don't play well with others, you are in the wrong sandbox.

                  Find us on Facebook:

                  .

                  How do you support MiceChat? Join MiceChat GOLD!,














                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Re: Uni Hollywood Construction Progress. Check out the Humongous Building Taking Sha

                    ^we will see as much as I think the ride will be very good, Carsland just seems like its going to blow universal's one ride out of the park. I mean Disneyland is building a whole land that is being themed....while Universal is getting a ride with theme on the inside but that's about it.

                    But hey maybe they could make one amazing attraction that is better than a whole land....doubt ful but it could happen only time will tell.
                    Happy Halloween!!!

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Re: Uni Hollywood Construction Progress. Check out the Humongous Building Taking Sha

                      Originally posted by Dustysage View Post
                      It may even be the best ride in all of California when complete. As excited as we are about Radiator Springs Racers, the real race will be between Uni and Disney next year. We understand that Uni is in it to win it and wants to knock Disney off its feet. We shall have to wait and see if they succeed.

                      Obviously, there is no way for Universal to compete with Disney on sheer size and volume of visitors, but they'd just like to be known as having the best theme park attraction.
                      It will certainly be phenominally fabtastic to have two super headliner rides that will raise the bar on visual/motion-based immersive theme park rides, Dusty. Uni and Disney are creating unigue high tech rides with vigourously executed themes that will draw East Coast enthusiists and help make Uni Hollywood and Disneyland Resort national/international vacation destinations. I'm rooting for Tansformers to be just as successful a ride as Radiator Springs Racers, if not more so. Healthy competition is always a good thing.

                      Originally posted by JerrodDRagon View Post
                      ^we will see as much as I think the ride will be very good, Carsland just seems like its going to blow universal's one ride out of the park. I mean Disneyland is building a whole land that is being themed....while Universal is getting a ride with theme on the inside but that's about it.

                      But hey maybe they could make one amazing attraction that is better than a whole land....doubt ful but it could happen only time will tell.
                      I doubt that Transformers will outperform the popular draw of guests more than the entirety of Cars Land (though not likely....still, like you say Jerrod, it's possibe). The odds are greater, though, that Transformers might give RSR a flat tire. We shall see when the fun times come in 2012!
                      To Boldly Go Where No MiceChatter Has Gone Before!

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Re: Uni Hollywood Construction Progress. Check out the Humongous Building Taking Sha

                        Originally posted by JerrodDRagon View Post
                        ^we will see as much as I think the ride will be very good, Carsland just seems like its going to blow universal's one ride out of the park. I mean Disneyland is building a whole land that is being themed....while Universal is getting a ride with theme on the inside but that's about it.

                        But hey maybe they could make one amazing attraction that is better than a whole land....doubt ful but it could happen only time will tell.
                        I have to agree with you here, Carsland and Radiator Springs Racers is more in line with something like Wizarding World, they are creating an entire world from a movie and trying to be as accurate as possible, its a total experience, whereas Transformers will probably be a great attraction but likely look like a studio lot building on the outside much like everything else at UNI Hollywood.

                        In short, RSR and Transformers will be fantastic, but RSR will be hands down the winner next year.
                        Last edited by BuenaVista28; 04-23-2011, 01:28 PM.

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Re: Uni Hollywood Construction Progress. Check out the Humongous Building Taking Sha

                          Originally posted by Ride Warrior View Post
                          I'm rooting for Tansformers to be just as successful a ride as Radiator Springs Racers, if not more so. Healthy competition is always a good thing.
                          I always root for Disney and Walt's legacy, hoping that Disney's big multi-million dollar addition to DCA falls short of Universal's Transformers ride is something that I simply cannot do. Disney is trying VERY hard to put a top notch E ticket in DCA, something on this scale has not been seen since Indy, I hope it blows all of its competitors out of the water and encourages Bob Iger to invest more here at the Disneyland Resort. I couldn't care less how successful Universal is, they make cool rides but lack the heart,emotional connection, and the history Disney has. Something that Universal will NEVER have.

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Re: Uni Hollywood Construction Progress. Check out the Humongous Building Taking Sha

                            Originally posted by Freakazoid112 View Post
                            Looking at all of the walls going up, it just makes me wonder how the indoor queue is going to look...
                            Hope there will be some fun interactive elements in the queue.

                            Originally posted by BuenaVista28 View Post
                            I have to agree with you here, Carsland and Radiator Springs Racers is more in line with something like Wizarding World, they are creating an entire world from a movie and trying to be as accurate as possible, its a total experience, whereas Transformers will probably be a great attraction but likely look like a studio lot building on the outside much like everything else at UNI Hollywood.

                            In short, RSR and Transformers will be fantastic, but RSR will be hands down the winner next year.
                            Hyper-immersive thematic lands bsed on a single movie is a modern age creative advancement that wasn't thought of by Walt and the Imagineers of his day.

                            Originally posted by BuenaVista28 View Post
                            I always root for Disney and Walt's legacy, hoping that Disney's big multi-million dollar addition to DCA falls short of Universal's Transformers ride is something that I simply cannot do. Disney is trying VERY hard to put a top notch E ticket in DCA, something on this scale has not been seen since Indy, I hope it blows all of its competitors out of the water and encourages Bob Iger to invest more here at the Disneyland Resort. I couldn't care less how successful Universal is, they make cool rides but lack the heart,emotional connection, and the history Disney has. Something that Universal will NEVER have.
                            I see your point BuenaVista, and it's a good one. While Uni is in heated competition with Disney, Disney is trying to create a multy national vacation destination resort, the kind of which nobody in today's theme park industry has thought possibly for the West Coast, let alone California. As a West Coast residet, i take tremendous pride in Disney;s pursuit of the dream.
                            To Boldly Go Where No MiceChatter Has Gone Before!

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Re: Uni Hollywood Construction Progress. Check out the Humongous Building Taking Sha

                              Both Carsland and Transformers will give me a reason to leave my beloved Florida and visit the West Coast. I love unique attractions that give me a reason to travel! lol
                              Get the latest and greatest theme park news by

                              Comment

                              Ad Widget

                              Collapse
                              Working...
                              X