Announcement

Collapse

Your Assistance Please

We need your help to battle spammers and also to keep our community user friendly.
PLEASE BE KIND TO OTHERS - Refrain from personal attacks. Avoid politics and harsh language whenever possible. If someone is violating our simple rules, DO NOT confront them, simply report the post.
STOP SPAMMERS - Report the post. DO NOT respond to them.

2017 is a year of renewal for us, we have lots of exciting changes on the way for you, but we don't have time to deal with trolls and spammers. If you find yourself suspended and need to plead your case, you will need to do so after your suspension. We are happy to address your concerns if you made a simple mistake. However, please note that those with a history of bad behavior and pushing our rules to the limit will not be given the courtesy of a reply.

MiceChat offers a number of ways for you to communicate and get involved. We offer Facebook Groups and Pages, Twitter, Instagram and Pinterest accounts. We have a front page filled with amazing content. We offer weekly meetups in the parks. Meets and events all over the world. Podcasts and videos. And we continue to maintain forums for your posting convenience. But with all those options, we can't be everywhere all the time. We need YOUR help. Please don't poke the trolls. Report posts and leave reputation. We'll do our best to keep the forums clean and active, but we can't do so without your help.

Thank you for your support folks, it's going to be a really fantastic year in the MiceChat world.
See more
See less

Transformer's The Ride 3D - MiceChat Reviews & Guide

Collapse

Ad Widget

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Transformers The Ride 3D -- Micechat Reviews!

Originally posted by DisneySarah View Post
    I agree with those who said Spider-Man and Harry Potter are better. Having been on those as well, Transformers comes in third. (I am partial to the skyscraper falling (or is it climbing?) part, which is lacking in Transformers, and HP is just the best thing since sliced bread.) I actually was disappointed in the lack of set pieces in Transformers - I expected an AA or two in there to mix things up. But also, if you've never seen those Florida attractions, Transformers will blow your socks off. My advice is to sit in the middle or back row - the front is very intense (especially with the stuff-flying-in-your-face-ness).

I think one of my favorite parts was USH's idea of an "interactive queue". It's called buttons and switches and keyboards that do absolutely nothing even though you push them a hundred times. The kids in front of me in line had a ball. The best part? There's no effect to break once the button's been pushed 100,000 times. The 100+ televisions sets in the queue? I'm at the point where I just write that off as being a USH signature, cost-saving, queue measure.

Another thing... is the floor in the queue supposed to vibrate so much? In the room with the ultra-spark (mega-spark? ugh, I'm not a Transformers fan so I can't remember what that thing's called. All-spark?) Anyway, the room with the spark thing vibrates terribly. Like, I was standing there thinking - either this is an intentional effect, or USH is going to have some serious vibration-caused structural problems, or we're having a minor earthquake.

I also saw a guy handing out chips to riders that had been evac'd (ha! a pun!) and thought that was very classy of USH. Their crew members were also very much in character - I was saluted when I got back to unload!

Overall, good times. I noticed that every 10-year old boy coming off the ride was ecstatic. And then got back in line. If you like Michael Bay movies, this is the ride for you.
    Hmm, I was wondering the same thing about the All-Spark room. I thought it was pretty cool judging by the fact that we are at war so it would make sense for it to vibrate. But I guess when you think structurally that we are on the 1st floor and the ride is going on above us, I guess it could be coming from the ride. But then when I think about the fact that there are no speakers on the ride anywhere but the cars, they couldn't possibly have a strong enough sound system to shake the building... Same thing happens in Simpsons. I'm thinking it might be a trend or done intentionally.

Comment

I made it up today and I was there early so I made a B-kine for Transformers right away. It was awesome!!!! I came out and went right back in through the singles line which got me right into the ride in a snap. The regular Q-line is fine but so long after going through it once I was ready for the ride again. I love this ride. I rode the Spiderman ride in Florida back in 1999 and that was an amazing experience but this new technology is 10 times better if not 100 times. I never felt sick or turned green once during both rides. I was amazed at the screen sizes used in this ride and how smooth and seamless the transitions are from room to room and was never able to tell when I was on the second floor of the ride. It is just amazing and the car movements are flawless and perfectly in sync with the projected images. Amazing all the way through.
      Peter Pan Forever!!! I Will Never Grow Up.

Thank You Poisonedapples

Comment

Ride of the year. I'm sure RSR will be great but nothing like Transformers. I rode it 4 times and I was blown away. One of the interesting things is during a scene you go up a second floor and you don't even notice. I was very impressed and a fantastic addition to USH.
        -Jack :geek:
        Doc Brown had 2 Deloreans!

Comment

It is an odd coincidence that the two big attractions in southern California this year both involve vehicles that are also characters.

Comment

Very true, didn't think of that!

Poor Manta, not getting any credit :blush:
            Last edited by Linus; 05-24-2012, 09:11 AM.
            Disneyland and Haunted Mansion fan boy!

Universal Studios Hollywood Employee

Comment

• Re: Transformer's The Ride 3D - MiceChat Reviews & Guide

The MiceChat guide to Transformers the Ride 3D has been updated with information from the grand opening celebration. In addition, the poll and reader reviews have been merged with the ride information to make it easier for readers to find all the information they need to know about this excellent attraction.
              MiceChat 101: Be NICE! If you don't play well with others, you are in the wrong sandbox.

Find us on Facebook: .

How do you support MiceChat? Join MiceChat GOLD!,
              Save

Comment

• Re: Transformer's The Ride 3D - MiceChat Reviews & Guide

Where'd the original behind the scene tour pictures go?

Comment

Originally posted by Lost Boy View Post
                  I love this ride. I rode the Spiderman ride in Florida back in 1999 and that was an amazing experience but this new technology is 10 times better if not 100 times.
                  It's important to note that Spider-Man at Islands of Adventure was upgraded this year to the same new technology. All new CG mastered in 4K high-definition, Infitec digital projectors, dichroic 3D glasses, improved lighting and scenery detail in the physical sets, 16-channel audio, etc. It is technically on the same level as Transformers now, which is why I've been arguing that Universal would be silly to bring Transformers to Orlando. The rides are far too similar, they should both be headliner attractions at their respective parks.

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                  Working...
                  X