Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• With Harry Potter opening in Japan....

I think we can probably use it as a gauge for what will be brought to Hollywood as well. By that I mean, If they bring not only Hogsmead Village but also the Diagon Alley portion to Japan in the first Phase, there may be a good chance they will do the same here as well.

The LA Times says that the plans for Japan will be announced tomorrow (Thursday), so we shall see

Harry Potter heads to Universal Studios Japan - latimes.com

EDIT: So the article says USJ's HP will be around $500 Million, thats interesting because the IOA HP only cost $200 million. Something big is going in over there. London is sounding more and more likely.
    "Trap Toad will they? HA HA NEVER!"

"Get Hip, Don't get the Dip!"

Re: With Harry Potter opening in Japan....

Originally posted by s8ntmark View Post
    So the article says USJ's HP will be around $500 Million, thats interesting because the IOA HP only cost $200 million.
    According to the figures I've seen, Forbidden Journey alone cost more than $200 million. Orlando also saved money by retheming pre-existing rides. Hollywood and Japan won't have that luxury.

Comment

Re: With Harry Potter opening in Japan....

As crazy as some of the stuff in Japan is, they would have to have something spectacular going in!

That's a good point about the re-theming, too. I dunno how much Dueling Dragons cost to build originally but the kind of money, time, and planning for building a coaster is insane so that alone probably helped IOA's budget out.
      "I'm the ghost with the most, babe." - Beetlejuice

"The future is what you make it - so make it a good one." - Back to the Future

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
      Working...
      X