Announcement

Collapse

Forum Issues

The MiceChat staff is listening to your PM's and the notes provided in the flagged posts. We will provide more information in a post that will be published no later than Sunday night, 6/23/19. The link will be provided here.
See more
See less

Wait.....USH is going to have a FULL SIZED Hogwarts Castle????

Collapse

Get Away Today

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Wait.....USH is going to have a FULL SIZED Hogwarts Castle????

Originally posted by createamations View Post
    Not without *major* reconfiguring of the existing theme park it's not.
    You mean like the billion plus remake that's already made it past the local city council that remaps significant areas of the park BEFORE they start doing development for HP?

USH is likely holding their cards until Disney commits, much as Disney is likely holding their cards until USH commits. "I'll see your leak of Hogwarts with an Unofficial Imagineer Leak about Iron Man the Ride".

I kinda like it. The guessing game's part of the fun.
    Account abandoned due to trolls

Comment

While I'm excited to see the Potter Expansions in both Orlando and Hollywood, they are causing me to worry.

Is Universal turing into a one trick pony? They are tearing out rides based on huge movie franchises to put in attractions based on a single big franchise. The parks may great for a while, but after that aweful.
      Be Cool Stay in School!
      Next year I'm trying for a summer internship at Stark Industries.

Comment

Originally posted by swampymarsh View Post
        While I'm excited to see the Potter Expansions in both Orlando and Hollywood, they are causing me to worry.

Is Universal turing into a one trick pony? They are tearing out rides based on huge movie franchises to put in attractions based on a single big franchise. The parks may great for a while, but after that aweful.
        I have to say - if you're going to put all your eggs in one basket, at least they picked one heck of a nice basket.
        sigpic
        Turn your favorite Disney CM into your NEW favorite collectible souvenir!
        Fully customizable hair & eye color, gender and even your name on the nametag!

Contact Createamations for details, and don't forget to visit us on Facebook for more!

Comment

Mummy's not a movie ride. A large portion of what has gone into USO/IOA are not movies.

My *guess* would be that the USH focus on indoor attractions is in large part to assuage the VERY cranky (and in many cases wealthy) neighbors. Screams from a coaster are substantially less an issue if they're inside, and even Disney had to work around that issue for DCA (re: California Screamin). But in general, indoors the general industry trend seems to be moving from large footprint traditional rides to "movie experiences".

Even Disney's gone in big on the movie route - the Finding Nemo update was essentially a refurb that replaced substantial portions of the ride with... movie screens. Most of what DCA opened with was not what could be called "traditional" rides - all movies. In fact, unless I'm seriously misremembering, a good portion of the "new" rides Disney has opened in the last decade are all "movies".

Originally posted by swampymarsh View Post

Account abandoned due to trolls

Comment

Well, they actually already did that. Phase 1 at IOA was designed by some of the franchise's top people, lead by Stewart Craig. Honestly, the reason why Wizarding World is so fantastic is because it's basically not designed by Universal :lol:
            That's awesome. I'm talking more about film making crews in general, not just people from the Harry Potter franchise.

If USH can get some of the top notch film making crews that are already here in Hollywood to put together Potter, it could be one heck of an addition to the park.
            Princess of Agrabah and Queen of Never Land

Comment

Originally posted by jasmineray View Post
              That's awesome. I'm talking more about film making crews in general, not just people from the Harry Potter franchise.

If USH can get some of the top notch film making crews that are already here in Hollywood to put together Potter, it could be one heck of an addition to the park.
              Just don't get yourself TOO hyped up. It's going to be an awesome addition, but it's going to be extremely similar to what opened several years ago at IOA; not a new take. Not really re-energized. But to be honest in my opinion, I don't think Wizarding World needs much of a re-energizing. It's wonderfully done as is -and that's what USH will have soon.
              sigpic

Contact Createamations for details, and don't forget to visit us on Facebook for more!

Comment

Just don't get yourself TOO hyped up. It's going to be an awesome addition, but it's going to be extremely similar to what opened several years ago at IOA; not a new take. Not really re-energized. But to be honest in my opinion, I don't think Wizarding World needs much of a re-energizing. It's wonderfully done as is -and that's what USH will have soon.
                I didnt think it was going to be a reimagining of the original WWOHP, What it sounds more like is HP+, everything that makes the original great...PLUS, and I'm totally fine with that
                "Trap Toad will they? HA HA NEVER!"

"Get Hip, Don't get the Dip!"

Comment

It sounds interesting, but may I point out that Mr. Hill's track record is far from impressive i.e. his claim that Disney's Hollywood Studios would be getting a Nightmare Before Christmas Halloween party with mazes, characters and projections on the Hollywood Tower Hotel facade among other things, so I would take anything he claims with a five pound grain of salt.
                  The fountain of youth really is in Florida... thats why they built Walt Disney World where they did.

Comment

Although, getting somethng wrong once in a while doesn't mean all that much, what is Jim Hill's wrong prediction to right prediction ratio? You are totally right, though, all this should be considered rumor until an official announcement.

I guess we'll find out in a few weeks when they (hopefully) make the announcement for this and DM.
                    Last edited by s8ntmark; 01-24-2013, 05:26 PM.

Comment

Trust me, I'm not getting hopes up. I'm just dreaming and imagining. Honestly though, you never know. I honestly wish we were getting something completely different than Potter, but something on the same level. Oh well. I've got slight hope that ours will be a little different than Orlando's. I don't want them to be exactly the same.

Comment

Originally posted by s8ntmark View Post
                        I didnt think it was going to be a reimagining of the original WWOHP, What it sounds more like is HP+, everything that makes the original great...PLUS, and I'm totally fine with that
                        It's everything that makes the original great...PLUS no Dueling Dragons.
                        sigpic

Comment

It's everything that makes the original great...PLUS no Dueling Dragons.
                          and I'm totally fine with THAT too, L0L XD

Comment

Originally posted by s8ntmark View Post
                            and I'm totally fine with THAT too, L0L XD
                            +1. You'd be nuts not to be! It's a really neat place
                            sigpic

Comment

Don't you mean Not Dueling Dragons?

I too wish USH (and USJ) was getting something other than Potter, but probably for different reasons. It seems like all of our exclusive headliners get cloned fairly quickly. I can only take solace in people coming here for the expansion... until it's cloned too.

Comment

Does anyone know if we are getting the three room Ollivander's thats going into Diagon Alley, or will it be the original one room version?

Comment

Originally posted by gurgi View Post
                                  The dual entrances is not a new concept for USH either. They've had something like that for decades. Victoria Station/Marvel Mania had entrances like that. The Citywalk entrance of course was free, and you could eat there without park admission. But, the park entrance was staffed so that in order to get into the park from the restaurant, you had to show a ticket. It wasn't terribly complicated. I can see it working wonders for the Great Hall..
                                  I think that's basically the setup at Animal Kingdom with the Rainforest Cafe. Also, DHS was at one point going to get a "David Copperfield" themed restaurant (Copperfield's Magic Underground) at one time, that would have worked the same way, with other CMU locations around the world ala "Planet Hollywood". I think the plan was unltimately abandoned.

Comment

Well, whattayaknow! A quick search on the David Copperfield thing and here's an old article about it from...are you ready...Jim Hill!
                                    A JHM Coming Attraction: David Copperfield's Magic Underground

Comment

Originally posted by JtnOrl View Post
                                      Don't you mean Not Dueling Dragons?

I too wish USH (and USJ) was getting something other than Potter, but probably for different reasons. It seems like all of our exclusive headliners get cloned fairly quickly. I can only take solace in people coming here for the expansion... until it's cloned too.
                                      No. I mean Dueling Dragons. Scroll back. #fearchange

I understand your perspective of "It's something special if it's only in one place" and while largely that is my outlook as well, the problem that a lot of us who DO travel to other parks forget is that really, most people don't. On average, (and speaking generally here of course) you can draw an imaginary line down the country - for sake of argument, everyone east of the Mississippi goes to Orlando, everyone west of it goes to LA. I realize that doesn't apply to everyone, but big picture that really does describe a lot of average folks' travel habits.

Here's the thing - Potter is a cash cow for Universal. It's literally the closest they can come to legally printing money in a back room. From a business stance, it's foolish to not capitalize on that. What will be truly interesting though is what happens when the next one opens (or maybe more accurately, when the USH one opens). Sure there will be a glitzy party full of celebs to smooze the cameras, but will there be a line to Knott's Berry Farm to get into USH on the first day like there was to get into IOA? Honestly, I doubt it. You'll never have a second world's first Harry Potter theme park attraction - but part of me wonders if Universal knows that or not.
                                      sigpic

Comment

Sure there will be a glitzy party full of celebs to smooze the cameras, but will there be a line to Knott's Berry Farm to get into USH on the first day like there was to get into IOA? Honestly, I doubt it. You'll never have a second world's first Harry Potter theme park attraction - but part of me wonders if Universal knows that or not.
                                        Trust that all the California/West Coast Potter fans will be flocking to USH as soon as this opens. I can bet the majority of the western side of the US hasn't seen Potter in Orlando. USH and the media will make a HUGE deal out of it and people will be lining up early. We'll see what happens on opening day.

Comment

No. I mean Dueling Dragons. Scroll back. #fearchange

I understand your perspective of "It's something special if it's only in one place" and while largely that is my outlook as well, the problem that a lot of us who DO travel to other parks forget is that really, most people don't. On average, (and speaking generally here of course) you can draw an imaginary line down the country - for sake of argument, everyone east of the Mississippi goes to Orlando, everyone west of it goes to LA. I realize that doesn't apply to everyone, but big picture that really does describe a lot of average folks' travel habits.

Here's the thing - Potter is a cash cow for Universal. It's literally the closest they can come to legally printing money in a back room. From a business stance, it's foolish to not capitalize on that. What will be truly interesting though is what happens when the next one opens (or maybe more accurately, when the USH one opens). Sure there will be a glitzy party full of celebs to smooze the cameras, but will there be a line to Knott's Berry Farm to get into USH on the first day like there was to get into IOA? Honestly, I doubt it. You'll never have a second world's first Harry Potter theme park attraction - but part of me wonders if Universal knows that or not.
                                          Funny note, I was planning a trip to Hollywood to ride transformers until I caught word it was coming here to Orlando, so I cut that trip out of my calendar knowing that it will be here soon enough.
                                          Get the latest and greatest theme park news by

Comment

Working...
                                          X