Wait.....USH is going to have a FULL SIZED Hogwarts Castle????

Collapse

Get Away Today

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • s8ntmark
    Ursus H. Bear, ESQ
    • Mar 2005

Wait.....USH is going to have a FULL SIZED Hogwarts Castle????

Plus something called the "Great Hall Dining Experience" (with two entrances, one inside the park and one on City Walk) and something involving the Defense Against the Dark Arts classroom?? I was just listening to the most recent Unofficial Universal Orlando Podcast (with Jim Hill) and all this was mentioned for the Hollywood WWOHP.

Has anyone heard anything about this? Will it also include Hogsmead Village and all the other fun stuff from the Orland Potter? It sounds like they are going to make Hollywood's Potter bigger and better so that it is still a destination for people who have seen the first one.
    "Trap Toad will they? HA HA NEVER!"

"Get Hip, Don't get the Dip!"
  • F!an
    MiceChatter
    • Nov 2009

Re: Wait.....USH is going to have a FULL SIZED Hogwarts Castle????

Nothing has been announced. All we know so far is we're getting Forbidden Journey.

Comment

• mainejeff
      MiceChatter
      • Sep 2009

It would make sense for Hogwarts to be "full sized" compared to its Orlando counterpart. The lay of the land in Hollywood is different from Orlando. The Forbidden Journey will be contained in a full scale Hogwarts rather than behind rock formations like Orlando. If they did the same forced perspective in Hollywood, it would look tiny and silly..........they want Hogwarts to be BIG and to be seen from a distance outside the park.

The Great Hall Dining Experience makes sense as well. It is the most iconic dining setting from the film and it is the perfect set-up for a massive "cafeteria" that Uni will need in order to handle the throngs and be a HUGE money maker as well.

I really think that we are in for some unique surprises when it comes to WWOHP-Hollywood. The only "sure bets" that I see coming from Orlando are the Forbidden Journey and Olivanders. I think that we will see at least one new ride that is unique to this park.

Comment

• s8ntmark
        Ursus H. Bear, ESQ
        • Mar 2005

Originally posted by F!an View Post
        Nothing has been announced. All we know so far is we're getting Forbidden Journey.
        True, but Hill seems to be pretty sure about it. Makes sense too, that uni would plus Potter so well to counter DLs upcoming Tomorrowland (and whatever else) plans. The queston is, where would it all go???
        Last edited by s8ntmark; 01-23-2013, 08:24 PM.

Comment

• createamations
          New MiceChatter
          • Jan 2013

Castle yes, as well as Hogsmeade and Flying Unicorn. No Dragon Challenge though.

But what's really important: CALIFORNIA GETS BUTTERBEER!
          sigpic
          Turn your favorite Disney CM into your NEW favorite collectible souvenir!
          Fully customizable hair & eye color, gender and even your name on the nametag!

Contact Createamations for details, and don't forget to visit us on Facebook for more!

Comment

• createamations
            New MiceChatter
            • Jan 2013

^Bah, Flight of the Hippogriff. #fearschange
            sigpic

Contact Createamations for details, and don't forget to visit us on Facebook for more!

Comment

• s8ntmark
              Ursus H. Bear, ESQ
              • Mar 2005

All that PLUS Hogsmeade and Flight of the Hippogriff! Hollywood's Potterland is going to be AMAZING!

Comment

• createamations
                New MiceChatter
                • Jan 2013

Originally posted by s8ntmark View Post
                All that PLUS Hogsmeade and Flight of the Hippogriff! Hollywood's Potterland is going to be AMAZING!
                Well, nearly as amazing as IOA's already is. It's not very ground-breaking when you compare the two. Excited for Diagon Alley at USF though!
                sigpic

Comment

• s8ntmark
                  Ursus H. Bear, ESQ
                  • Mar 2005

Originally posted by createamations View Post
                  Well, nearly as amazing as IOA's already is. It's not very ground-breaking when you compare the two. Excited for Diagon Alley at USF though!
                  Definitely! I wonder if the expansion is on the table for Hollywood too, at some point....Hmmmm :/

Comment

• createamations
                    New MiceChatter
                    • Jan 2013

Originally posted by s8ntmark View Post
                    Definitely! I wonder if the expansion is on the table for Hollywood too, at some point....Hmmmm :/
                    Not without *major* reconfiguring of the existing theme park it's not.
                    sigpic

Comment

• KingEric
                      is in Antarctica
                      MiceChat Round-Up Crew
                      • Oct 2007

If there is a great hall dining concept that is what will get me to Hollywood.
                      Get the latest and greatest theme park news by

Comment

• gurgi
                        Munchings & Crunchings
                        • Jan 2005

The dual entrances is not a new concept for USH either. They've had something like that for decades. Victoria Station/Marvel Mania had entrances like that. The Citywalk entrance of course was free, and you could eat there without park admission. But, the park entrance was staffed so that in order to get into the park from the restaurant, you had to show a ticket. It wasn't terribly complicated. I can see it working wonders for the Great Hall. It would be pretty cool to eat in there, and I'm sure there will be some neat "wizardry" to make it seem like magic is happening around us. I really would like to see the floating candles and starry skies overhead.
                        Meow

Comment

• KingEric
                          is in Antarctica
                          MiceChat Round-Up Crew
                          • Oct 2007

But I feel like this is a wait and see. I remember after they announced the WWOHP here in Orlando, there were a lot of concepts that never made it off the drawing boards.

Comment

• mainejeff
                            MiceChatter
                            • Sep 2009

^Bah, Flight of the Hippogriff. #fearschange
                            I doubt that you will see Flight of the Hippogriff. There will be no outdoor coasters. I'm going with a dark ride (not Gringotts!). Maybe a "flying car" family type dark ride.......possibly a "night bus" which utilizes an advanced motion simulator experience (think double decker Indiana Jones type vehicle that remains stationary in dome..........but has up and down and spinning movement compared to most simulation type rides).

No matter.......in Uni (Comcast) We Trust!

Comment

• mratigan
                              Say no to screens
                              • Feb 2011

^sounds like this
                              Madhouse
                              Take a look at some of my models I make at kolbykonnection.com

Comment

• createamations
                                New MiceChatter
                                • Jan 2013

Originally posted by KingEric View Post
                                But I feel like this is a wait and see. I remember after they announced the WWOHP here in Orlando, there were a lot of concepts that never made it off the drawing boards.
                                Everything that was show in concept art was built in Orlando. I'm not sure what you are referring to, unless it has to do with online rumors created/spread by fans.

Originally posted by mainejeff View Post
                                I doubt that you will see Flight of the Hippogriff. There will be no outdoor coasters. I'm going with a dark ride (not Gringotts!).
                                It's cool if that's what you're going with, but in all respect, I wasn't speculating.
                                sigpic

Comment

• KingEric
                                  is in Antarctica
                                  MiceChat Round-Up Crew
                                  • Oct 2007

Everything that was show in concept art was built in Orlando. I'm not sure what you are referring to, unless it has to do with online rumors created/spread by fans.

It's cool if that's what you're going with, but in all respect, I wasn't speculating.
                                  I am referring to things that were pitched before the concept art was released from people i know who were involved.

Comment

• jasmineray
                                    MiceChatter
                                    • Jun 2012

Hollywood's Potter has the potential to be flat out amazing, with the right people. What Universal needs to do is get these film makers/stage production people/make-up artists/etc. they have available here in California and really take Potter to the next level. The more I think about it, the more I want it be great.

I'm so proud of what Universal is doing in Florida and California. Keep up the great work, guys!
                                    Princess of Agrabah and Queen of Never Land

Comment

• KingEric
                                      is in Antarctica
                                      MiceChat Round-Up Crew
                                      • Oct 2007

It is interesting Universal Creative here in Orlando right now has 3 Potter teams.

1. Potter Orlando Phase 2
                                      2. Potter Osaka
                                      3. Potter Hollywood

It is pretty incredible to see how all of this is moving forward at different speeds.

Comment

• createamations
                                        New MiceChatter
                                        • Jan 2013

Originally posted by jasmineray View Post
                                        Hollywood's Potter has the potential to be flat out amazing, with the right people. What Universal needs to do is get these film makers/stage production people/make-up artists/etc. they have available here in California and really take Potter to the next level.
                                        Well, they actually already did that. Phase 1 at IOA was designed by some of the franchise's top people, lead by Stewart Craig. Honestly, the reason why Wizarding World is so fantastic is because it's basically not designed by Universal :lol:
                                        sigpic

Comment

Get Away Today Footer

Collapse
                                        Working...
                                        X