Announcement

Collapse
See more
See less

Diagon Alley to open in 2014 CONCEPT ART RELEASED!

Collapse

Get Away Today

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Diagon Alley to open in 2014 CONCEPT ART RELEASED!

A big THUMBS UP to Universal for turning up the heat in the Themed Entertainment industry .. with something we thought only Disney would do.

My last trip to WDW was in 1995. In that time, my favorite Future World EPCOT attractions have been lost forever. World Showcase has not seen a new ride, not since the Maelstrom in the late 80s. Tomorrowland is a collection of "cartoon" adventures ... and the best the New Fantasyland has to offer .. is a clone of something I've already seen and done (Little Mermaid -DCA) .. and "Dwarves" coaster that will barely entertain us .. with a couple minor "show room" scenes in the mountain interior. The most I would have to look forward to (since '95) is Rockn' Roller Coaster in DHS. And Animal Kingdom.

yawn

But if I see myself going to Florida ... I can tell you all this - I'll be heading to Universal Studios ... and spend a week there ... (Along with the second phase of "Potter") .. before I step into WDW .... which in my view ... hasn't got a lot up it sleeves .. to go running back to.

Three Cheers to Universal for upping their game ... and closing the gap between themselves, and Disney !!
    MY SIGNATURE:
    Dear Peoplemover Fans, If you want to see a new attraction that at least mimics the 1967 Peoplemover in a future Tomorrowland remodel, you need to write to the powers-that-be, and let them know. If you don't - Then the next time Tomorrowland is remodeled, you will see a land barren of any "Peoplemover" type attraction.

Comment

Originally posted by Tomorrowland_1967 View Post
      But if I see myself going to Florida ... I can tell you all this - I'll be heading to Universal Studios ... and spend a week there ... (Along with the second phase of "Potter") .. before I step into WDW .... which in my view ... hasn't got a lot up it sleeves .. to go running back to.

Three Cheers to Universal for upping their game ... and closing the gap between themselves, and Disney !!
      I agree Universal is really stepping it up. I still want to go to WDW in a few years but just hitting Universal first is my goal now instead of the opposite, which it used to be. With this announcement, I have plenty of time to save up a vacation to Universal next year, my first WDW vacation can wait.
      The Dwarfs coaster looks fun, but unfortunately that's all I can say as I don't know much about it and it doesn't look like anything groundbreaking to make me want to head there asap.

Comment

Originally posted by ORD84 View Post
        This looks pretty awesome...any ideas on what kinda eticket ride we're looking at? At any rate it's probably going to be one of the coolest areas I've been in awhile...
        Gringotts Vault -- Roughly a cross between Mummy and Spider-Man/Transformers, combining aspects of a dark ride, roller coaster and simulator.

Hogwarts Express -- Train ride between parks using a new "glassless 3D" technology and other effects. Will have multiple experiences.

Comment

Working...
        X