X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Favourite area in Islands of Adventure

Hi everyone,
    Just wanted to start up a discussion.
    Other than the Wizarding World, which area is your favourite area in Islands of Adventure?
    Mine is Marvel Superhero Island. I just live the atmosphere and the music and it takes on a whole other atmosphere once the sun goes down.
    An honourable mention to Port of Entry.

Re: Favourite area in Islands of Adventure

This is tough, because IOA is so incredible. Marvel Super Hero Island is so incredible, and it really is a different city from Day vs Night. Jurassic Park is so lush and dense, and really makes you feel like you are in a Jungle!

But... I am going to have to say the Wizarding World of Harry Potter. There is simply no other place like it!
    Get the latest and greatest theme park news by

Comment

Due to scale and theme, I'd have to say that Lost continent is my favorite

Comment

The ticket booths where they take your money!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Frozen Phoenix View Post
          Due to scale and theme, I'd have to say that Lost continent is my favorite
          Lost continent is breath taking!
          Get the latest and greatest theme park news by

Comment

The JP area is awesome!! WWoHP is my favorite of course but JP is next!
            These are some of my favorite TRs I have posted

DL 55th BDAY trip report
            My company had a special night at the park
            WdW trip report with WWoHP
            NYE 2011 trip report
            Mice Chat 7th anniversary
            Leap year 24 hour report
            New DCA trip report
            NYE 2012
            HKDL trip report

Comment

They're all pretty incredible but I'd have to say its a toss up between Toon Lagoon with it's hidden trails by Me Ship Olive and JP with it's lush landscaping and its beautiful view from the balcony overlooking the lagoon.
              Current coaster count: 179
              100th coaster: Phantom's Revenge at Kennywood
              150th coaster: Intimidator at Carowinds
              last new park addition: Six Flags Great America

Comment

I love WWoHP, but JP narrowly edges it out for me. The naked coasters in WWoHP are more visually intrusive than the pterodactyl flyers to me, and this is what give JP the edge. Though it could use another attraction...
                Disneyland Wooooh!

"You see- Everybody's got a laughin' place, trouble is most folks won't take the time to go look for it."

Comment

Port of Entry. I've got a lot of issues with how it is operated (UniExpress/meal plan ads plastered everywhere, merchandise racks pushed out in the street, 3rd party mall vendor, a digital wait-time display that should be analog, etc.), but on an art-architecture-design basis, it's one of my favorite themed areas on the planet.
                  http://www.idealbuildout.blogspot.com/

Comment

Ill agree with randysavage, an awesome area which gets overlooked so much. The music is awesome and the area prepares you for what, in my opinion, us one of the most well themed parks in the world.

Comment

Tough one, I like most of them for different reasons.
                      Port of Entry is great (when you get past the annoying photographers), well themed with great music, both as you come in (really gets you going for the day) and as your leaving.
                      Marvel Super Hero, well themed but the music is way too loud, it suits the theming but I cant put up with it for too long, 2nd best ride in the park with Spiderman though.
                      Toon Lagoon is least fave, but only because I'm not a water ride person.
                      JP, theming is outstanding (still get a kick walking through those archways) but there is nothing to do, the river ride is ok, but most of it seems a real wasted opportunity, hopefully the rumours of some major 'refurb' on the area are true.
                      Lost Continent I don't think of as an area anymore but P.Fury is one of the best themed attractions anywhere, period.
                      Seuss, lots of great theming and loads of fun but that music sticks with you way too long after you leave...

Best area is definitely WWOHP but Marvel Super Hero would probably be my second choice.

Comment

Marvel Super Hero Island, but WWOHP is just amazing!
                        The new Star Wars plot summery:

Episode 7: Luke discovers that Darth Vader is not his father, and goes on a search for his real father

Episode 8: Darth Vader is resurrected and goes on Jerry Springer, claiming he is Luke and Leia's father

Episode 9: Princes Leia is not Luke's sister, making him furious (we all know why...).

Comment

This is a tough one. i've said on many occasions that Port of Entry is the best "Main Street" in any theme park in America. Jurassic Park may be the most "immersive" of any environment there because its so overwhelming. Its the only island I can get "lost" in. However, I think Seuss Landing may be my overall favorite. The colors. The design. The music.

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                          Working...
                          X