X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• El Cucuy: The Boogyman comes to life at Halloween Horror Nights

http://www.youtube.com/user/ridesandstuff

Re: El Cucuy: The Boogyman comes to life at Halloween Horror Nights

I'm happy to hear we get ONE original maze this year (kinda two if you count Black Sabbath)
    My guess is this one will be near Shrek
    Happy Halloween!!!

Comment

Nope - this is the one going in on Baker Street. No maze by Shrek - two top (Cucuy, Remix), two lower park (Evil Dead, InSidIous2), two backlot (13, Walking Dead). There also appears to be installation going on at the Terror Tram locations for next year.

The update for today's pretty awesome
      Boggard LIEEEEF!

Comment

I'm interested only because they did such a good job with La Llorona. I love backstories about myths and legends. If they do this one with an eerie feel like the prior, I'll be satified. But like anything, a good maze is a good maze regardless of the subject.

Comment

El Cucy is going to be pretty amazing. I love that they are exploring the latin themed fears and legends.

Here is an excerpt from the official press release that I just put in as an update to today's In The Parks

"All my life I've had one dream, to achieve my many goals.
          Homer Jay Simpson

Comment

Thank you for that Fishbulb. What was most effective to me in La Llorona was the creepy voice talking about the witch as you waited in line. A perfect creepy factor and knowing they are doing the same for this maze really has me looking forward to El Cucuy. They nearly perfected the last one, let's hope they just keep getting better.

Comment

La Llorana was one of my favorite mazes from last year. Being unfamiliar with the story, the way it was presented (the narration as well as the way the maze itself was laid out and decorated) got across exactly what the story was VERY well.

My only unfortunate issue with this particular theme is seeing a certain very well known LA DJ every time I read the name. I keep having recurring images of an overly cheerful hispanic guy jumping out at me and announcing the next song.
              Boggard LIEEEEF!

Comment

Originally posted by BogLurch View Post
                Nope - this is the one going in on Baker Street. No maze by Shrek - two top (Cucuy, Remix), two lower park (Evil Dead, InSidIous2), two backlot (13, Walking Dead). There also appears to be installation going on at the Terror Tram locations for next year.

The update for today's pretty awesome
                And also the terror tram coming back right?......weird that they not using the Shrek area
                Happy Halloween!!!

Comment

Originally posted by JerrodDRagon View Post
                  And also the terror tram coming back right?......weird that they not using the Shrek area
                  I have hopes that the Shrek area's being used for the announced Chucky "zone". Usually I'd expect that to be over in the London/Paris street area, but with El Cucuy going in there I'm really kinda hoping they give Chucky something a bit less... already busy being used by another concept entirely?
                  Boggard LIEEEEF!

Comment

^that would make sense.....though I hope then the Shrek Building is used to show something...even if its just Shrek....or a non 3D movie

As for the Bogglyman maze location it seems small and has me worried it wont be that long
                    Happy Halloween!!!

Comment

There's an outdoor courtyard and a substantial indoor space - they've used it once or twice for expanded space when needed. I didn't get a good look, but IIRC inside the building there's roughly an equivalent amount of space to the courtyard. It could work.
                      Boggard LIEEEEF!

Comment

^ohh I didn't know they had a lot of indoor space too....then I guess it could work....well see
                        Happy Halloween!!!

Comment

More coming on this maze soon, but I'm really not all that jazzed about the "French Klownz" theme on one side of the maze and presumably the Chucky theme on the other.

I still wish they'd have just consolidated the theming to one theme for both "international" streets and matched it with the maze. There's just not enough space there for discrete, effective themes and characters.
                          Boggard LIEEEEF!

Comment

From twitter
                            Click image for larger version

Name:	image.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	123.1 KB
ID:	7352345
                            Attached Files

http://www.youtube.com/user/ridesandstuff

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                            Working...