Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

World's ugliest paint job is temporary, right? (Photo)

Collapse

Ad Widget

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [Question] World's ugliest paint job is temporary, right? (Photo)

This was in Eric Davis' update. It's a temporary paint job, right?

Here's a link to Eric Davis' update (Thank you, Eric!) with more photos & comments: http://micechat.com/52576-universal-...de-wet-n-wild/
    Last edited by jcruise86; 12-26-2013, 07:58 AM. Reason: spacing

Re: World's ugliest paint job is temporary, right? (Photo)

Here are some of the comments that followed Eric's update:

• Freddie FreelanceDecember 24, 2013 at 11:54 pm

The paint on Antojitos looks like the 1980s threw up all over it; I hope jcruise86 is right that it’s only temporary. Universal has been doing so well in theming and placesetting that choosing a color combination like this for real would be a real step backwards.

1. TieloDecember 25, 2013 at 11:47 pm

I’m with you and don’t like the colours (they are off-putting) but I’m afraid they are exactly as the artwork offered so I’m afraid we are stuck with it for now. I’m sure enough people will complain and they’ll paint it in a nice colour. What we are left with is a great eatery because I really dig what they are going to offer.

1. jcruise86December 26, 2013 at 7:35 am

Tielo, your “off putting” is polite. I’d go with hideous, aggressively ugly, or Freddie’s “looks like the 80s threw up all over it”. Maybe a talented artist made it look interesting in a small, impressionist drawing, but someone at Universal (maybe the great Steve Burke himself) needs to say that the emperor’s clothes take garish to a level never before seen. That paint job gives color a bad name. Somewhere a rainbow is crying.

Comment

I'm not hating it. I'm glad to see the splash of southwestern colors. I do hope the final product will look more adobe and less day-glo, but still glad to see something unique in the space.

Comment

Yeah, this is awful.

That said, it's not in the park at least...
        :blink: Bullets for Breakfast :blink:
        Join the party. Face the music.

Comment

The "80's threw up all over it" was my reaction to the concept drawings.

Be Cool Stay in School!
          Next year I'm trying for a summer internship at Stark Industries.

Comment

Originally posted by swampymarsh View Post
            The "80's threw up all over it" was my reaction to the concept drawings.

It looks like it was painted with a paint-ball gun.
            Plague Of Vampires | A Novel by Eric and Elizabeth Gerds:

Buy Now at Amazon

Comment

well I reserve judgement until it is finished. lol
              Get the latest and greatest theme park news by

Comment

It's getting detail work now.

Still looks really awful.
                Be Cool Stay in School!
                Next year I'm trying for a summer internship at Stark Industries.

Comment

Wow- decoration by paintball, indeed. I hope they fix it.
                  I pledge allegiance to the Earth, one planet, many gods, and to the universe in which she spins.

Comment

I started this thread because it shocked me at first, but I've seen more photos and I'm hating it less. I guess it's better to be bad than boring. If the food and service are great and it's reasonably priced I'll forgive the exterior.

I hope the new Harry Potter restaurant is well themed and excellent and (hint hint) I'm looking forward to seeing more details of that.

Comment

Originally posted by jcruise86 View Post
                      I started this thread because it shocked me at first, but I've seen more photos and I'm hating it less. I guess it's better to be bad than boring. If the food and service are great and it's reasonably priced I'll forgive the exterior.

I hope the new Harry Potter restaurant is well themed and excellent and (hint hint) I'm looking forward to seeing more details of that.
                      I haven't eaten there, but I've heard good things about Antojitos, except for portions being too small for the price.

Don't get too excited about Leaky Cauldron. I'm under the impression it'll serve much of the same food as Three Broomsticks.

Comment

Is it supposed to be tie-dye? If so, is that a Mexican or Tex-Mex color scheme? Whatever was intended, it won't last.
                        ~ Erik

Comment

This place looks like it just got back from a Grateful dead concert.
                          :blink: Bullets for Breakfast :blink:
                          Join the party. Face the music.

Comment

Well, it's hideous, but to me it's the fun kind of hideous. The kind of thing you can show people like "See? Somebody actually painted something in splotchy neon colours because they thought it LOOKED GOOD" Reminds me of being a kid.

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                            Working...
                            X