X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wizarding World of Harry Potter & Simpsons Springfield Construction Update

Hey Guys,

Here's a video showing the construction of Wizarding World of Harry Potter and the new Simpsons Springfield Expansion.

As of April 14, 2014

I think I will be doing a construction update video once every few weeks or months depending on how the construction goes for those two new attractions.

As if May 21, 2014:

Last edited by SoCalbma; 05-21-2014, 09:33 PM.
    My Brand New Youtube channel -"SoCal ATTRACTIONS 360"
    http://www.youtube.com/SoCalAttractions360

Thank you for the update!

Comment

Re: Wizarding World of Harry Potter & Simpsons Springfield Construction Update

Have any details been released on all the attractions going in HPland? Will it be a copy of Florida's phase 1, or will they go large and do the Diagon Alley expansion as well?
      "Disneyland is a work of love. We didn't go into Disneyland just with the idea of making money." - ​Walt Disney

Comment

Originally posted by greenalfonzo View Post
        Have any details been released on all the attractions going in HPland? Will it be a copy of Florida's phase 1, or will they go large and do the Diagon Alley expansion as well?
        Our Wizarding World will match Japan's Wizarding World in terms of what is coming. Diagon Alley is exclusive to Universal Studios Florida.

Comment

when is it slated to open?

Comment

Originally posted by Avaren View Post
            when is it slated to open?
            2016. No, they didn't say what time frame.

Comment

Originally posted by greenalfonzo View Post
              There's a rumor that our HP castle will include a restaurant themed to the Great Hall. I hope that's true but it's just a rumor

Comment

A restaurant like that sounds great! I can imagine a giant LED screen on the ceiling that changes to match the weather or outside.

It's interesting, two of the rides in Florida (dueling dragons and griffin flight) were just old rides rethemed to match the new lands. Since this is all-new, I hope they get more creative with the other rides and do something different, new, and better matching the theme.
                "Disneyland is a work of love. We didn't go into Disneyland just with the idea of making money." - ​Walt Disney

Comment

Originally posted by BlAcKoUt510 View Post
                  There's a rumor that our HP castle will include a restaurant themed to the Great Hall. I hope that's true but it's just a rumor
                  It's one of the more intriguing rumors to me - the version I've seen a few times has outside access to the restaurant through Citywalk (presumably through a themed entrance in the area of the castle more or less adjacent to Citywalk). Would be fun and a great way to get the "ambiance" without the gate fee.
                  Boggard LIEEEEF!

Comment

Here's a construction video update as of May 21, 2014:

My Brand New Youtube channel -"SoCal ATTRACTIONS 360"
                    http://www.youtube.com/SoCalAttractions360

Comment

It's really odd watching these construction updates because USH has been tiny & pretty much the same since I was a child
                      I'm so excited to watch this park grow. It's going to be a real trip walking down this park once it is finished.

Comment

Originally posted by SoCalbma View Post
                        Here's a construction video update as of May 21, 2014:
                        Thank you for that! I hadn't realized they were going multi story on the Springfield expansion. I'm really looking forward to how that's going to look - surrounded by Springfield.
                        Boggard LIEEEEF!

Comment

The only thing that concerns me is how well will these new areas be taken care of? Jurassic Park animatronics looks (unfortunately) really bad. And the lighting seems to show the things you shouldn't be able to be seeing. Such as the robotic arm behind the t-rex.

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                          Working...
                          X