This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I Love Lucy

Is the I Love Lucy museum where Jurassic Park/Transformer's ride etc. still at Universal Hollywood or did they get rid of it? Does she make appearances still? I remember meeting her way back in 2006.

Re: I Love Lucy

It's now a NBC/Uni specific museum (last time I was there included one of the original BTTF DeLoreans). I have not personally seen the Lucy walkaround in recent visits, but I've also heard people say she's still there.
    Boggard LIEEEEF!

Comment

^Just confirming everything said above. The some of the exhibits in the museum rotate, and there may be one or two single mementos for Lucy (such as a photo of Lucille Ball winning an Emmy), but as a whole, there's next to nothing (or perhaps flat out nothing at all) anymore in terms of I Love Lucy.

As I understand it, Orlando still has theirs, but I also thought I heard rumblings of them removing it as well. But those rumblings were a few years ago, and as far as I know, it hasn't happened yet. Can someone in Florida confirm if it's still there?
      Does anyone even bother with signatures anymore?

Comment

She's still listed as a character in the park on their official website, but that doesn't necessarily mean anything.

Character Roles | Universal Studios Hollywood

Google doesn't seem to turn up much information about her at USH.

Comment

She is still a walk around character. If you want to see her, she is usually interacting with guest in and around Universal Plaza on the Upper Lot.
          For Disney Theme Park Video Click Here!

Comment

That really sucks they tore apart her place that was her museum she owns that studio so she should have had her place be hers forever ya know?

Comment

Originally posted by disneygogetter View Post
              That really sucks they tore apart her place that was her museum she owns that studio so she should have had her place be hers forever ya know?
              Hate to say it, but appreciation for the old masters of TV isn't at a high point. I appreciate her work, I love that they still mention her on the tour, but to a LOT of folks these days she's become just another old sitcom actor. I'm not sure that having a museum dedicated to her right now would help more than it would make Universal look dated.
              Boggard LIEEEEF!

Comment

Originally posted by BogLurch View Post
                Hate to say it, but appreciation for the old masters of TV isn't at a high point. I appreciate her work, I love that they still mention her on the tour, but to a LOT of folks these days she's become just another old sitcom actor. I'm not sure that having a museum dedicated to her right now would help more than it would make Universal look dated.
                Unfortunately that is probably the truth.

Comment

Originally posted by JesterMn View Post
                  As I understand it, Orlando still has theirs, but I also thought I heard rumblings of them removing it as well. But those rumblings were a few years ago, and as far as I know, it hasn't happened yet. Can someone in Florida confirm if it's still there?
                  It's still there.

Comment

The Lucy museum is alive and well - in Orlando

https://www.universalorlando.com/Sho...rida/Lucy.aspx
                    It may have zippity to do with doo-dah :ccool:

Comment

Actually, Lucy is alive and well - in Orlando

https://www.universalorlando.com/Sho...rida/Lucy.aspx
                      It may have zippity to do with doo-dah :ccool:

Comment

The Lucy Tribute exhibits became the NBC/Universal Experience exhibits. It has several props and costumes from several films and USH history in general. You can catch Lucy at the Universal Plaza during the short parade-like character photo op.
                        ~things are looking mighty satisfactual~

Comment

I can confirm that Lucy is in the park at least last time I went (Last month).
                          if ye be brave or fool enough to face a pirate's curse, proceed.

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                          Working...
                          X