Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [Idea] The land Of Oz-Wizard Of Oz attraction!

My concept
    [IMG]pizap.com13572168360831.jpg[/IMG]

Re: The land Of Oz-Wizard Of Oz attraction!

I would love a Wizard of Oz ride based on the original movie. If you think about it, the movie *is* basically a ride, with the track being the yellow brick road, and each set being a classic setup for a darkride with animatronics, etc.

Would love for someone to do this.
    "Disneyland is a work of love. We didn't go into Disneyland just with the idea of making money." - ​Walt Disney

Comment

It would help if we could actually see the picture.
      Have bicycle, will ride. Finished 2012 with 10,089 miles, 683 hours, and 482,000 feet of elevation gain.
      2013: 201 rides, 8171 miles, 544 hours, 480K feet.
      2014 so far: 7846 miles, 451,000 feet
      sigpic

Comment

yea, its not working for me either..
        I'm working as i'm with my autobots.

Comment

I'd love to see the photo. I know Walt was big on this for some time. Never a big fan of the old Disneyland concept art for the OZ ride or the recently rumored new land (before the recent movie didn't take off) that was to go in the massive rear DL area where Star Wars is now rumored to go. Anyways, please repost the pic

Comment

I think the ride rights for Oz are owned by Disney.

Comment

Only certain segments Disney managed to get.

For example, in The Great Movie Ride we do see Dorthy, The Lion, The Tin Man, and the Scarecrow looking at Emerald City and also the munchkin scene, but before we see the latter scene there was to be the tornado scene as well.

Due to the fact that the image and the technology to create it was owned by MGM and MGM wanted a sizable sum for the scene, Disney had to result to having a Fantasia scene instead. A little part of the original idea is in the scene though, since during the Fantasia scene it's quite windy.

Comment

There has been a rumour flying round for a while that Universal would give up the rights to Marvel if Disney let them have the rights to change and finance a redo of Marvel Superhero Island in to a Wicked themed land.

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                Working...
                X