This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is it worth it?

Our family is planning a Florida vacation for February. We thought we might visit Universal Studios. When I price out the cost of a day admission for 4 adults plus the transportation from hotel to park and back - we are at $700 before we eat or purchase anything from the park itself. Does this park really measure up to that price tag?? Thanks for your input.

Re: Is it worth it?

I would like to ask you a question as it does help me figure a awnser.
    1.) Is there any kids in your group? as some of the rides are intense (Forbidden Journey, Transformers (I call it sorta intense), and others)
    I'm working as i'm with my autobots.

Comment

Originally posted by Alexshow View Post
      I would like to ask you a question as it does help me figure a awnser.
      1.) Is there any kids in your group? as some of the rides are intense (Forbidden Journey, Transformers (I call it sorta intense), and others)
      My kids are 13 and 15.

Comment

Then I will say its worth the money. They will eat it up if they like coasters, as they have a few (Hollywood Rip Ride Rockit, Revenge of the Mummy, Hulk, Dragons Challenge) and has some of the best dark rides in Orlando. with one of the best lands in the world; Diagon Alley which has a train that takes people from Kings Cross (USF) to Hogsmeade Station (IOA) which I am willing to take a guess you guys went for the 2 park admission for the few days? it is worth it for the experience if you ask me just for Potter.
        I'm working as i'm with my autobots.

Comment

We haven't purchased any tickets yet. We are not Harry Potter fans. We were planning to just go for one day due to time constraints.

Comment

So you're really spending about $175 per person per day. I'd be curious to see how that compares to your per day rate at Disney. I think that's worth it, but it really depends what your kids are into. But even if the kids aren't into the big thrills, there is more than enough between the two parks to satisfy kids of those age for one day.
            Disneyland Wooooh!

"You see- Everybody's got a laughin' place, trouble is most folks won't take the time to go look for it."

Comment

As an older adult, I find myself wishing I was younger so to enjoy ALL the rides at USF. Your kids are going to love it ! You will too. Even if your not HP fans, the attractions based on HP are very cool.175 seems like a lot though, even before meals are bought. If you can swing it, go.

Comment

Based on the price you've given, I'm assuming you want to do both parks (otherwise that's some mighty expensive transportation.) If you have never been to Universal before, I would not try doing both parks in one day. You could certainly catch the highlights of each park, but you will be rushing to some degree and won't get a great feel for either park. Not getting park hoppers would also cut down your expenses quite a bit.

Both parks are worth a visit, but you need to set aside the time for them.

Comment

You'll love the $19.99 dining plan.......compare that to Disney and let us know what you come up with.

Comment

I'm going to say that if you're not a Harry Potter fan, and you only have one day, then I'd maybe save a little money and get a 1-day 1-park ticket to Islands of Adventure only. If you forget about Diagon Alley and Hogsmeade, then in my opinion, Islands of Adventure is a far superior park to Universal Studios Orlando.
                    Disneyland Cast Member
                    Outdoor Vending
                    1996 - 1999

My interview with MiceAge about working at Disneyland:

http://micechat.com/blogs/mouth-of-t...ding-crew.html

Comment

Originally posted by Big D View Post
                      I'm going to say that if you're not a Harry Potter fan, and you only have one day, then I'd maybe save a little money and get a 1-day 1-park ticket to Islands of Adventure only. If you forget about Diagon Alley and Hogsmeade, then in my opinion, Islands of Adventure is a far superior park to Universal Studios Orlando.
                      Only if you love coasters and water rides.

Comment

Working...
                      X