Announcement

Collapse
See more
See less

Is Stu's Disco too close to Harry Potter?

Collapse

Get Away Today

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is Stu's Disco too close to Harry Potter?

The photos Norm posted today of Springfield looked impressive,
    but Stu's Disco looks too close to The Wizarding World of Harry Potter. :vogue::geek::!$#%:

I made this point elsewhere, but a fail of this near-medium magnitude deserves its own Micechat thread.

Oh well, it's a theme park and we'll just have to frame our photos more carefully.
    And doing the Hustle with Dementors might be interesting.

Plans for Universal Hollywood Season Passes still a go.

Thank you for all the recent major construction at a Southern California park, Universal. :clap::ap:

Re: Is Stu's Disco too close to Harry Potter?

I agree that the buildings are a little close, but I give it a pass. The way that Universal Studios is set up, Wizarding World is going to be intruding on just about every sight line.

I think that the new Springfield area looks great and I can't wait to see the rest of the projects they are working on when all of this construction comes to a close.

Comment

The picture was from a higher elevation, so it leads to me to believe that view is from a specific location. I'd have to see how it looks from the ground level to see if it clashes terribly.
      Women, they make the highs higher and the lows more frequent.

Comment

Originally posted by Professortango View Post
        The picture was from a higher elevation, so it leads to me to believe that view is from a specific location. I'd have to see how it looks from the ground level to see if it clashes terribly.
        The photo was taken from the ground level, just pointed up. You can see a more head-on shot in Inside Universal's photo update from earlier in the week. There is also a photo of the left side of Stu's building where they have painted it to match the Wizarding World colors.

Comment

You won't be able to see anything from inside Wizarding World, so I think it'll be fine.

~ Here you leave today and enter the world of yesterday tomorrow and fantasy
          ~

Comment

It's only that corner of the park. Pretty much where Simpsons end & the path to Studio Tour starts. I do hope they add trees though that will help a a bit, but it's a studio park so I don't mind as much. Sets change pretty quickly in USH.

Comment

I think it's going to look great when all the trees grow in. Yes they are close together but as Explodingboy said WWOHP is essentially taking over 1/3 of the upper lot

check me out on Flickr
              www.flickr.com/photos/xsorsburn

Comment

I don't care really. I realize that USH is a film studio. How many facades on the backlot are close to others that don't go with the theme. That's how I see it. I see Springfield as facades and as you turn a corner, you can be somewhere completely different (i.e. Harry Potter).
                "And yes, we implore EVERYBODY to follow the park rules. Having off-ride footage is great, but any still photo's or video's taken ON the coasters at SFMM are strictly against the rules. They are there for your (and everybody's) safety." "Six Flags doesn't allow ANY loose articles on their coasters, and they don't allow video taping on their coasters. " BUT, "​ This is not true. Six Flags does not allow ANY On-Ride video or pictures on the rides. The ONLY way is if you get explicit permission from Park Management." ???

Comment

Originally posted by jcruise86 View Post
                  I made this point elsewhere, but a fail of this near-medium magnitude deserves its own Micechat thread.
                  Where is this a fail? Universal doesn't insinuate you're leaving the world of today to experience different worlds, thus needing to keep the illusion of different worlds. One of their major attractions involves looking at facades from movies and television, where one scene is New York, one is the Old West, one is Whoville, etc. You still know you're on a studio lot in California.
                  It's actually "Cars Land", not "Carsland".

Comment

Working...
                  X