X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• JtnOrl
    replied
    Originally posted by Timon'sGirl View Post
    I was really disappointed today at this park. Disney always has some form of celebration events for their anniversary years so I thought it odd that Universal has nothing. So far all I have seen for Universal are advertisements for 25th anniversary concerts. There is not one single merch out. I was hoping to get a shirt that said 25th on it. I also saw only one sign up and just a few team members with a button on. Its just really weird.
    Disney is big on history (and also celebrating for any other, less legitimate reason they can imagine.) Universal simply isn't, at least outside of HHN. Just look at how easily they decide to replace their "classic" attractions. They're so busy marching forward, they have no time to stop and reminisce I suppose. Doing so, at this point, would potentially be kind of awkward anyway, considering the lengths they're going to basically transform the park. There's hardly anything left from 25 years ago to celebrate.

Leave a comment:

• Timon'sGirl
    replied
    I was really disappointed today at this park. Disney always has some form of celebration events for their anniversary years so I thought it odd that Universal has nothing. So far all I have seen for Universal are advertisements for 25th anniversary concerts. There is not one single merch out. I was hoping to get a shirt that said 25th on it. I also saw only one sign up and just a few team members with a button on. Its just really weird.

Leave a comment:

• Timon'sGirl
    replied
    Re: Universal Studios 25th Anniversary

I still can't believe that they aren't hyping the park up for the 25th. I know that there are a lot of future projects going on and HHN's is celebrating 25 yrs. It's weird that no one has talked about merchandise or celebrations taking place. Even food ideas. As big as they are and trying to compete with Disney I just thought that they would market this and cash in on it to bring in even more people.

Leave a comment:

• Timon'sGirl
    replied

Does anyone know if the museum is open yet to the public?

Leave a comment:

• Timon'sGirl
    replied

Ah thanks. I forgot about that museum. Mom would be happy with just a shirt that says 25th on it. She likes to go on anniversary dates to WDW for shirts. LOL!

Leave a comment:

• k_peek_2000
    replied

Most of it will be marketing, not so much in the park.

Leave a comment:

• JtnOrl
    replied

Nothing big that I know of. They're just creating a museum of sorts.

Leave a comment:

• Timon'sGirl
    started a topic Universal Studios 25th Anniversary

Universal Studios 25th Anniversary

Is Uni planning anything special this year for their 25th or is it being kept secret for now? Planning on visiting in November and my mom is excited.
Working...
X