Halloween Horror Nights - 2015; Official Speculation/News

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Halloween Horror Nights - 2015; Official Speculation/News

Ok, so we are getting closer to announcement season so lets get up to speed.

Codenames (Only four this year)
    - Insidious: Chapter III
    - Alice Cooper (In Wonderland)
    - Halloween

There are more rumored IPS but i'm pointing some of the more plausible ones.. Announcement Season is starting up relatively soon and we'll get details on a house possibly next week (June 15-21). So, what are you hoping comes to Horror Nights this year. As we're about to get into announcing season this month.
    I'm working as i'm with my autobots.

Re: Halloween Horror Nights - 2015; Official Speculation/News

Originally posted by Alexshow View Post
    Codenames (Only four this year)

- Post Punk
    - Rock Festival
    - Name Game 2.0
    As far as the code names go, my brain is completely rattled. I love how well he crafts these. Truly evil!

Rumored IPS

- The Walking Dead (possibly; just a maze)
    - Insidious: Chapter III
    - Alice Cooper (In Wonderland)
    - Halloween
    Based on what Murdy has hinted about on Twitter, I think we will for sure see an Insidious maze this year. I also think that our Terror Tram will be devoid of The Walking Dead, but we'll probably still have a maze. I haven't heard anything about Alice Cooper or Halloween - and I am not at all opposed to either having a presence this year.

Comment

I know everyone gets so excited to speculate, but personally, I find their hints so oblique they're essentially useless. I'd like to see people go back to the hints from past years and show how they gave information that pointed to the mazes that actually happened.
      Does anyone even bother with signatures anymore?

Comment

My guesses

AvP will come back
        TWD
        Insidous
        sinister only because there is a sequel coming out in august
        AWIL

Scare zone for The purge

Thats all I can think of for now lol anything else would be a straight guess.
        These are some of my favorite TRs I have posted

DL 55th BDAY trip report
        My company had a special night at the park
        WdW trip report with WWoHP
        NYE 2011 trip report
        Mice Chat 7th anniversary
        Leap year 24 hour report
        New DCA trip report
        NYE 2012
        HKDL trip report

Comment

Originally posted by biggsworth View Post
          My guesses

AvP will come back
          TWD
          Insidous
          sinister only because there is a sequel coming out in august
          AWIL

Scare zone for The purge

Thats all I can think of for now lol anything else would be a straight guess.
          I don't think we will see any repeat IP's from last year, aside from The Walking Dead and maybe something expanding on the Dark Christmas scare zone.

Comment

It looks like we have another few weeks of speculation. Murdy just stated via Twitter that the maze announcements will start in July. I am alright with this. As excited as I am for announcements to start, I totally understand that he has next to no control over when he can actually begin them.

Here is to July!

Comment

When this happened; there was no question to a lot of people that unfortunately, this would be The Walking Dead to be first announced. Unfortunate but it has to happen sooner or later.

Comment

After seeing Jurassic world again I think they could make a cool maze out of the JP franchise.
                These are some of my favorite TRs I have posted

DL 55th BDAY trip report
                My company had a special night at the park
                WdW trip report with WWoHP
                NYE 2011 trip report
                Mice Chat 7th anniversary
                Leap year 24 hour report
                New DCA trip report
                NYE 2012
                HKDL trip report

Comment

Originally posted by biggsworth View Post
                  After seeing Jurassic world again I think they could make a cool maze out of the JP franchise.
                  I agree! And it fits with Murdy's clues about a maze that isn't particularly considered "horror". I think it'd be a really cool take on a maze for sure.

Comment

Be careful what you wish for...

https://youtu.be/hadnzCmfpdA?t=5m47s

Corn, anyone?

Comment

The teaser site for HHN is up.

Halloween Horror Nights Event in Los Angeles

Comment

Crimson Peak - Maze of Madness is official for Halloween Horror Nights (Exclusive for Hollywood).

There was a leaked lineup and with John confirming this year is an All-IP and this being heard from Dr Jimmy also; it adds some validity..

- AvP
                        - Halloween
                        - Crimson Peak
                        - Insidious: Chapter 3
                        - The Walking Dead
                        - This is the End
                        - Terror Tram: Survive the Night (Purge)

Now before you bring your pitchforks and try to burn murdy, you have to realize he has had a really big year with multiple projects and dealing with Family.

There is apparently going to be a show in some sort of capacity also and apparently, the Metro count is being reduced to two, The current location of TWD (Which is being taken by Crimson) and 747; where AVP would be again.
                        Last edited by Alexshow; 07-13-2015, 11:45 AM.

Comment

Just to expand on the first maze announcement a little bit..

Click image for larger version

Name:	02e4f60c-9b80-49d6-a695-b9b1b48feb79_zpswauieslw.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	182.1 KB
ID:	7360635

Announcement video:

From the HHN Twitter:

Obviously, this is a film that doesn't open until October so I want to be very conscious of spoilers. Will tell you what I can...

This maze will be be located in the metro sets on the universal back lot. We're grateful to the studio for letting us have access to that again. Crimson Peak will follow the journey of the main character Edith Cushing, from her haunted childhood in America to a decaying Gothic mansion called Allerdale Hall in the remote English countryside. A place with a very dark history...

What unspeakable acts have taken place inside that mansion? Well that's a secret. You'll have to come to HHN to find out!
                          Some back story from John about how the maze came to be:

All right boils and ghouls. It's time to finally tell the story of how GDT's Crimson Peak became a maze at Halloween Horror Nights at USH. As I've said before, sometimes it takes years for us to get to work with someone. The story goes all the way back to 2012...

Flash Back to the Eyegore Awards 2012. I was sitting at a table with Alice Cooper's manager and family when someone taps me on the shoulder. I turn around and this guy tells me, Mr. Del Toro would like to speak with you. GDT was getting an Eyegore Award that year. I've never met GDT before but I had admired his work since Pan's Labyrinth. We talked about our mutual love for universal classic monsters. Last year GDT and I had a secret breakfast meeting to discuss working together. It looked like it was going to happen but the shooting schedule for one of his films got pushed up which made it impossible... That film turned out to be Crimson Peak.

So this maze is kind of three years in the making. I've been following the development of Crimson Peak since reading the script in 2014. We are very honored to be working with GDT and Legendary Pictures on Crimson Peak and for involving us so early in the production.
                          Last edited by explodingboy; 07-16-2015, 08:21 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Alexshow View Post
                            Crimson Peak - Maze of Madness is official for Halloween Horror Nights (Exclusive for Hollywood).

There was a leaked lineup and with John confirming this year is an All-IP and this being heard from Dr Jimmy also; it adds some validity..

- AvP
                            - Halloween
                            - Crimson Peak
                            - Insidious: Chapter 3
                            - The Walking Dead
                            - This is the End
                            - Terror Tram: Survive the Night (Purge)

There is apparently going to be a show in some sort of capacity also and apparently, the Metro count is being reduced to two, The current location of TWD (Which is being taken by Crimson) and 747; where AVP would be again.
                            What does "All-IP" mean? I also have no idea what you're talking about with the Metro count and 747.
                            Does anyone even bother with signatures anymore?

Comment

Originally posted by JesterMn View Post
                              What does "All-IP" mean? I also have no idea what you're talking about with the Metro count and 747.
                              The Metro last year had three house locations (TWD, FDTDs tent behind the mural, and the 747 soundstage) but in 2013, the first year it entailed two house locations, where TWD is now and 747. The location FDTD was last year was an Tram pickup due to trams going from a section of the lower lot to the Metro sets.

And what I am referring to an all-IP event is something similar to 2009, 2008, and 2007 for the mazes where all of them revolve on a intellectual Property.

Comment

Originally posted by JesterMn View Post
                                I think Alexshow cleared it up pretty well, but the Metro area refers to the metropolitan sets on the backlot.

Horror Nights started to utilize this area in 2013. The first year an express tram would take you from the lower lot to the backlot and drop you off. There was a scarezone and two mazes (one in a tent and one using Soundstage 747) and then last year there was a scarezone and three mazes (two tents, one in 747 again) which eliminated the room for the express tram pickup/drop off. If we are only seeing two mazes here this year (and presumably a scarezone), I hope we get that tram back. It was a long, long walk without it.
                                Last edited by explodingboy; 07-15-2015, 10:22 AM.

Comment

A teaser was released tonight for our next maze announcement..

https://twitter.com/HorrorNights/sta...28712119365632

Comment

Originally posted by explodingboy View Post
                                    A teaser was released tonight for our next maze announcement..

https://twitter.com/HorrorNights/sta...28712119365632
                                    The IN at the end made me think Insidious but we shall see.

Comment

We got our next announcement! This one will be a shared maze for Hollywood and Orlando.

Click image for larger version

Name:	fbff1101-99d2-4048-af52-8c992dce49c2_zpsqi0nhqw6.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	161.5 KB
ID:	7360666

Announcement video:

I3 cast talks HHN:

From the HHN Twitter:

For years, psychic Elise Rainer and her partners Tucker & Specs have battled the demonic entities that populate "The Further". Now a new threat has crossed over from that world into ours, a threat that does not merely seek to possess the souls of the living. A threat that wants to steal the living and take them back to their world of shadows and keep them there for eternity!

To face this new threat, we are going to have to confront the demons where they live... We are going to have to RETURN TO THE FURTHER.

Get ready for INSIDIOUS: RETURN TO THE FURTHER, A terrifying journey into the paranormal based on ALL 3 CHAPTERS of INSIDIOUS.
                                      Some backstory from John Murdy:

Back in 2012, I got a call one night from director James Wan (Saw, Insidious, The Conjuring). He had just gone through our La Llorona maze. James was so impressed by La Llorona, he wanted to work together on a maze for HHN. We did his film Saw in 09/10 but hadn't met him before. James Wan, writer Leigh Whannel, producer Jason Blum met with Chris & I decided to do a maze based on Insidious Chapters 1 & 2.

Our Insidious maze in 2013 remains to this day, the highest guest rated maze in the entire history of HHN in Hollywood! So the decision to RETURN TO THE FURTHER this year with the release of INSIDIOUS CHAPTER 3 was a no-Brainer for me. We had to do it.

Since my brother in horror Mike Aiello at @HorrorNightsORL hooked me up with John Landis last year on AWIL, I returned the favor this year. Insidious will be featured at both parks but I will let Mike @HorrorNightsORL speak for his maze. Follow Mike for all the info on HHN Orlando.

When Chris & I sat down with Leigh to discuss our maze, we knew we wanted to embrace the entire franchise but not merely repeat 2013 again. So we looked for new opportunities in the first 2 films, new ideas as well as heavily featuring the 3rd film and THE MAN WHO CAN'T BREATHE. I thought Leigh created a great new demon for I3...you see him in our key art that just got released. You'll see him featured in the maze. You'll also run into The Bride in Black, The Red Demon...new ones and old favs. The maze will be in the JP queue.

Speaking about THE FURTHER, you'll spend a lot more time in there. It plays a more prominent role right from the beginning of the maze. I had the chance to hang out with the cast of Insidious 3 at the movie press junket a few months ago...every one of them had been to HHN!

Wanted to say thanks to @LWhannell for letting us Tip Toe Through The Tulips with him again. It's an honor to get to bring Insidious to HHN.
                                      Last edited by explodingboy; 07-17-2015, 02:31 PM.

Comment

Hopefully it is scarier than the film. I imagine just a lot of black footprints and breathing man ghosts.
                                        Women, they make the highs higher and the lows more frequent.

Comment

Working...
                                        X