Get Away Today

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need ride nausea feedback please

Greetings! Going to take the fam to USH. I have some motion sickness issues. Can't ride Space Mountain at all. Can do Big Thunder but only once. Can't do Star Tours but can ride Soarin. No issues with any dark ride. I am using DL attractions to give an idea of my motion sickness. Can someone compare and let me know what they think I should avoid at USH? TIA.

Re: Need ride nausea feedback please

Trying to remember the rides at Universal. Avoid the Simpsons and the Minions, both are simulators. Transformers is jerky and chaotic, but has real surroundings for you to lock onto potentially. The .... mummy, maybe? It's on the lower lot. It's a gentle roller coaster in the dark. Not sure if that one will set you off or not.

I hope you enjoy your day at Universal! The shows and the tram ride are a lot of fun, for sure. Plus, you're at CityWalk for when it's dinner time! Lots of good options.
    I pledge allegiance to the Earth, one planet, many gods, and to the universe in which she spins.

Comment

Not sure if you are still looking for the information, but here goes:

Transformers -- Probably closest to Indiana Jones, but nowhere near as bumpy. Although there are some practical effects, you are wearing 3D glasses and most of what you are watching are large projection screens. If you can't ride Star Tours, I'd think twice about riding this.

Revenge of the Mummy -- An indoor roller coaster themed like Indiana Jones. It's true that the ride is pretty smooth and the thrill is from banked turns at decent speeds, but 1/3 of the ride is backwards. This is a ride I only like to ride once because I have issues with backwards roller coasters.

Jurassic Park -- Pretty comparable to Splash Mountain, in that it's an outdoor (2/3) and indoor (1/3) water flume ride, gentle and peaceful for the first half and frantic for the second half with a big drop at the end. If you have younger children, there's a fairly high scare factor in the second half of the ride, which is in the dark and has dinosaurs jumping out at you.

Simpsons and Despicable Me -- Two motion simulators along the lines of Star Tours, but not so violent in the movements of the ride vehicle.

Shrek 3-D -- A 3-D movie similar to Honey I Shrunk the Audience, although there are a couple of scenes where you feel like you are flying across the landscape.

Studio (Tram) Tour -- 90 percent of this should be fine, but the newer King Kong and brand-new Fast and the Furious segments are basically motion simulators, where the entire tram is being rocked back and forth or up and down. The motion is about as violent as what they can get away with, and not have people complain about losing their belongings during the segments.

Hope this is somewhat helpful if you're still planning your trip.

Comment

Originally posted by SpacemanSpiff View Post
        Not sure if you are still looking for the information, but here goes:

Transformers -- Probably closest to Indiana Jones, but nowhere near as bumpy. Although there are some practical effects, you are wearing 3D glasses and most of what you are watching are large projection screens. If you can't ride Star Tours, I'd think twice about riding this.

Revenge of the Mummy -- An indoor roller coaster themed like Indiana Jones. It's true that the ride is pretty smooth and the thrill is from banked turns at decent speeds, but 1/3 of the ride is backwards. This is a ride I only like to ride once because I have issues with backwards roller coasters.

Jurassic Park -- Pretty comparable to Splash Mountain, in that it's an outdoor (2/3) and indoor (1/3) water flume ride, gentle and peaceful for the first half and frantic for the second half with a big drop at the end. If you have younger children, there's a fairly high scare factor in the second half of the ride, which is in the dark and has dinosaurs jumping out at you.

Simpsons and Despicable Me -- Two motion simulators along the lines of Star Tours, but not so violent in the movements of the ride vehicle.

Shrek 3-D -- A 3-D movie similar to Honey I Shrunk the Audience, although there are a couple of scenes where you feel like you are flying across the landscape.

Studio (Tram) Tour -- 90 percent of this should be fine, but the newer King Kong and brand-new Fast and the Furious segments are basically motion simulators, where the entire tram is being rocked back and forth or up and down. The motion is about as violent as what they can get away with, and not have people complain about losing their belongings during the segments.

Hope this is somewhat helpful if you're still planning your trip.
        This pretty much covers it!!

Honestly though if you're prone to it, I would just avoid The Simpsons ride. Although Minions is also motion simulated, it's pretty mild. I never get motion sickness, but for the first minute or so of The Simpsons I didn't know if I was going to make it through. Haven't been on it since then.

Comment

I'm curious how all of this went.
          It's actually "Cars Land", not "Carsland".

Comment

Working...
          X