Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How is Cabana Bay?

Hey All..

Havent posted in a LONG time, but wanted to ask you all about the Cabana Bay hotel. I am planning a trip down in Oct for Halloween Horror Nights, and was pricing out hotels, and while I was hoping to try and stay at Royal Pacific it is booked, so I am now looking at Cabana bay. It looks nice, but having never stayed there, I was hoping to get some reviews from people who have.

Are there preferred rooms like at most Disney Value and Moderate hotels? Or do I just get a standard room? How does one get to the parks from the Cabana Bay? Is there a Universal bus, like what Disney has on their property?

The place looks super nice, I have never stayed there before, and its in my price range. So what say you Mice Chat? Is it worth a stay?

Re: How is Cabana Bay?

We didn't stay there, but we did tour the grounds, and we were actually quite impressed. It looked way better than the comparable All Star resorts at WDW. Food court seemed huge and fun, and a relatively good selection of food. Bowling alley. Good looking pool. Spacious, without feeling too spread out.

That said, I did not actually get to see the inside of a room, except through a window. They looked nice, but small, as would be expected.

There does seem to be a bus. You can walk, but it would admittedly be a fairly long walk. I believe you do still get the extra morning hours, but the big downside is Express Pass is not included.

Still, we were impressed enough that we wanted to stay there for a future visit. The lack of Express pass is almost a deal-breaker for us, though... but if it weren't for that, I think we'd stay for sure.
    Does anyone even bother with signatures anymore?

Comment

Everyone I've brought has loved it. Been there twice now & the family wants to go back next trip. The grounds are beautiful with plenty to do (pool table, games, music, bars, bowling alley, starbucks <3). I loved the food court too as I love trying new foods but it was nice coming home to a humongous, retro-looking cafe with all the foods I know I'll have no problem eating (burgers, hotdogs, sandwiches, salads, even some international foods).

I would choose the rooms based on preference. The main pool area with the waterslide has a lot going on & very fun to walk around, but the rooms on that side only go about 5 floors and the hallways are outdoors. Give or take your feelings about the weather, but that means you'll have to stand outside or enjoy a fence in your way if you plan on enjoying the view from inside your room. We prefer the other side due to the hallways being inside, it's a few floors higher for views, and the window in the room is huge so looking out is no problem. You will see construction of Uni's new waterpark, if construction views damper things.

My first visit it was just 2 of us so we got a pool view, but I didn't regret spending the extra $5 a day and getting a family suite pool view the second time. It's pretty much the same minus the kitchen and living room but still very nice. We bough a blender and made our own drinks so the kitchen was very useful for us.

There are plenty of buses so the only real problem I would say is planning during peak times. Of course you might wait a while if you choose to come back when everyone is leaving the park. Had mild waits the whole, longest being 15mins (there was a lot of people that day for some reason). Walking is pretty far though as I'm not one to usually complain, but it felt like forever especially coming home from a day of walking. I seen the boats had plenty of people too so I can't imagine it being much faster.

This resort is ideally for families, so all the comfort is there for adults and children. I've stayed only at the RPH and I loved it , but it is a totally different feeling. When I'm at a themepark resort, Cababa bay had it all to make my trip even easier & a fun theme I can get behind. My favorite part is they usually always have oldies playing in the background.

Comment

Originally posted by BlAcKoUt510 View Post
        Everyone I've brought has loved it. Been there twice now & the family wants to go back next trip. The grounds are beautiful with plenty to do (pool table, games, music, bars, bowling alley, starbucks <3). I loved the food court too as I love trying new foods but it was nice coming home to a humongous, retro-looking cafe with all the foods I know I'll have no problem eating (burgers, hotdogs, sandwiches, salads, even some international foods).

I would choose the rooms based on preference. The main pool area with the waterslide has a lot going on & very fun to walk around, but the rooms on that side only go about 5 floors and the hallways are outdoors. Give or take your feelings about the weather, but that means you'll have to stand outside or enjoy a fence in your way if you plan on enjoying the view from inside your room. We prefer the other side due to the hallways being inside, it's a few floors higher for views, and the window in the room is huge so looking out is no problem. You will see construction of Uni's new waterpark, if construction views damper things.

My first visit it was just 2 of us so we got a pool view, but I didn't regret spending the extra $5 a day and getting a family suite pool view the second time. It's pretty much the same minus the kitchen and living room but still very nice. We bough a blender and made our own drinks so the kitchen was very useful for us.

There are plenty of buses so the only real problem I would say is planning during peak times. Of course you might wait a while if you choose to come back when everyone is leaving the park. Had mild waits the whole, longest being 15mins (there was a lot of people that day for some reason). Walking is pretty far though as I'm not one to usually complain, but it felt like forever especially coming home from a day of walking. I seen the boats had plenty of people too so I can't imagine it being much faster.

This resort is ideally for families, so all the comfort is there for adults and children. I've stayed only at the RPH and I loved it , but it is a totally different feeling. When I'm at a themepark resort, Cababa bay had it all to make my trip even easier & a fun theme I can get behind. My favorite part is they usually always have oldies playing in the background.
        Thanks!!!

I am going to be staying solo, as I am going down for a business/pleasure type trip. Does Cabana Bay offer a preferred room, ala Disney resorts that put you closer to the lobby and to buses? Or is the hotel not that big, and no matter where you stay, you are close to the lobby or bus?

I assume the higher floor building is the "Standard Tower Room" I see them advertising in vacation packages? Can you confirm? Since I am staying solo, I do not care about having a view of the pool or anything like that, just not the outside hallway . I didnt like that when I stayed at Pop Century in WDW.

Comment

I'm not sure on the "preferred rooms" but I can tell you that I've requested to be closer to the lobby on three out of three stays and not once was I ever charged more, told I would have to upgrade, or had my request denied. The resort really isn't as big as the All Stars. Even if you were at the very end of a hall on the standard rooms side, the walk isn't that long. And there are air conditioned hallways!

Cabana Bay is great. The only downside is you can't really grab a boat or comfortably walk to the parks. They do have a bus, but I see that as inconvenient. If getting to and from the parks quickly is important to me, I'd do Hard Rock.

Comment

Working...
          X