Get Away Today

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• HHN25/HHN Hollywood 2015 Reviews/Thoughts

Thought it'd be best if the thread gets created now due to on Friday, the fog will settle in as both will start officially. So, Thoughts on both events if you went to the Employee Preview and for those who go starting this weekend, thoughts on Orlando or Hollywood?
    I'm working as i'm with my autobots.

Nice proactive threading, Alexshow! And let me exploit this forum to invite all my fellow Micechatters to meetthis Sunday, September 27, at about 6pm at Karl Strauss' bar before U. Hollywood's HHN, with non-front-of-the-line tickets purchased by attendees themselves in advance. We'll quickly walk or roll through as many mazes as we can before the lines get long. Who's up for this? See the thread in the Meet section of this forum. And of course you may organize alternative meets.

Comment

I went last night with a friend and without front-of-the-line passes. Saw the Purge tram ride and all of the mazes and scare zones (except 'This is the End" because of the reviews I've read of it.)

First had a great meal at Karl Strauss before in Universal City Walk. Pork chops! Reasonably priced! Loved the beer sampler and our waitress Christine!

Liked quickly getting into the park at 5pm and going on attractions. I'm still really impressed with the Transformers ride, and I like Despicable Me more than the similar Simpson's ride.

I really miss the "House of Horrors" and wish they'd do a classic Universal's monster maze with some larger rooms, like a cemetery.

Universal needs to not have almost every attraction based on film, even if they are a film studio! It's getting old. I was at Universal Orlando this summer and Spiderman, the two HP e-tickets, and Transformers are all great, but they are also all too much alike. I guess I should be satisfied with great.

I was disappointed in the new Fast in the Furious part of the tram tour with the cheesy sexist dancing women segment in the beginning (just having the awesome Michelle R. doesn't make it all cool) and the stereotypical African-American main character who just had to get the number of a woman in the tram, even though doing so gave away our location to the villain, which was the one thing he was supposed to warn us not to do. And the animated Vin D. looked kind of crappy.

Three nice workers in the Harry Potter store went "Owwwww!" when I entered in my Diagon Alley shirt from U. Orlando. Good CMs!

I liked the short evil Christmas scare zone. I went through it four times (back 'n' forth twice).

The five mazes I went on and the Purge were all fine, but nothing blew me away. What was that smell in two rooms with mangled bodies!? Nasty! Poor CMs who have to work near it!

The Purge woman who greeted guests at the bottom of the elevator was excellent. The Scare Crew (right name?) who "entertained" people in one line were the worst entertainers in the history of theme parks. One mostly just texted on her cell phone looking bored.

The crowd was very nice. Two idiot families who appeared to bring their 7-year-olds had kids who looked seriously upset.

Micechatters, THANK YOU for all the excellent HHN tips!

Fun Fact: Costco is now selling 2 passes for the Queen Mary Dark Harbor including front-of-the-line passes for $76--again, that's for a pair!
      Last edited by jcruise86; 09-28-2015, 09:35 AM.

Comment

The term is scare actors, but scare crew sounds better and more cool actually in my opinion. And it doesn't surprise me "two idiot families brought their seven year olds". I'm surprised that's the youngest you've seen. It's been awhile, but the few times I went to Universal at Orlando in the past I've literally seen babies, as well as toddlers, and other young children and it wasn't just a couple of families. It shocks me how many parents bring their little ones. Great way to traumatize the children. Also, I've come to the conclusion that I can't go into the Haunted houses due to the smell alone. Every time I go in one, throws me off for the rest of the night, so next time I'll just have to enjoy the attractions, shows, and scare zones.

Comment

Originally posted by DisCollector View Post
          The term is scare actors, but scare crew sounds better and more cool actually in my opinion
          I think jcruise86 was referring to the scare patrol, who are the employees in orange shirts who entertain the queues. Scare actors are the ones in costume playing zombies and such.

Comment

Oh, really? I wouldn't know about the right term to call them then, because we do not have the scare patrol at Orlando. Unless it's a new thing, cause I have to admit it's been a year, or two since I've gone.

Comment

Originally posted by DisCollector View Post
              Oh, really? I wouldn't know about the right term to call them then, because we do not have the scare patrol at Orlando. Unless it's a new thing, cause I have to admit it's been a year, or two since I've gone.
              Quite possibly they don't. I haven't been to the Orlando event. And we could probably do without them, here, too! I would prefer more scare actors and less scare patrol.

Comment

Working...
              X