Jimmy Fallon Ride Coming to Universal Studios Florida in 2017

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jimmy Fallon Ride Coming to Universal Studios Florida in 2017

Twister... Ride it Out is closing in a few days to make way for a new Jimmy Fallon/NYC attraction.

https://blog.universalorlando.com/wh...llon-new-ride/

This announcement gives USF two new rides for 2017: this and F&F Supercharged. If the rumors of a Nintendo Land or attraction replacing Woody Woodpecker are true, USF could be transformed into a completely different park between 2010 and 2020. Springfield, WWoHP II, and the closing of Jaws have all happened within the past few years.

This sounds like something Disney would have done in the late Eisner era. It sounds like the Superstar Limo or Sounds Dangerous or some other timeless masterpiece. Universal was doing great work but with a Fallon and F&F ride on the way, they are starting to really drop the ball IMO.

Hopefully, Nintendo land more than makes up for this mess.

Comment

Opening in June 2017. Already feels dated in November 2017.
      Jim in Merced CA - former cast member at Walt Disney World, Walt Disney Imagineering and Disneyland.

Comment

HATERS!

Sounds like Spiderman, but with real life characters instead of mediocre CG respresentations of comic book heros in their EXTREMELY DATED uniforms.

I dig.

Approximately 1.2% of the posts in the Walt Disney World Resort MiceChat forum have been contributed by PlutoHasFleas

Comment

Originally posted by GhostHost2 View Post
          This sounds like something Disney would have done in the late Eisner era. It sounds like the Superstar Limo or Sounds Dangerous or some other timeless masterpiece. Universal was doing great work but with a Fallon and F&F ride on the way, they are starting to really drop the ball IMO.

Hopefully, Nintendo land more than makes up for this mess.

The F&F thing is really gonna be nothing but an attraction version of the Backlot finale like the way Universal took it's Effects demonstrations and made seperate attractions when the park first opened back in 1990.

AUTOPIA: Fan Since 1991

Comment

Originally posted by PlutoHasFleas View Post
            HATERS!

Sounds like Spiderman, but with real life characters instead of mediocre CG respresentations of comic book heros in their EXTREMELY DATED uniforms.

I dig.

Have you ridden Spider-Man since its visual upgrade? Regardless, this ride will be more akin to Soarin'.

Comment

Originally posted by Rocker View Post

The F&F thing is really gonna be nothing but an attraction version of the Backlot finale like the way Universal took it's Effects demonstrations and made seperate attractions when the park first opened back in 1990.
              They did actually expand a lot on the Kong and Jaws attractions compared to what is/was on the Hollywood backlot tour. I don't think any amount of expanding could make the F&F ride not horrible. I still need to get back to Orlando to see Gringotts but I will probably wait till after Kong opens.

Comment

Working...
              X