Announcement

Collapse
See more
See less

PREDICTION: U. H.wood's WWoHP will be the best CA theme park land to hang out in

Collapse

Get Away Today

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• PREDICTION: U. H.wood's WWoHP will be the best CA theme park land to hang out in

We went to the two connected Wizarding World's of Harry Potter this summer at Universal Orlando and loved them. I also love the Disneyland Resort, but after the WWoHP opens in March (?), I think that it might be the best theme park land to hang out in west of the Mississippi River.

Pre-Pressler Disneyland was themed more carefully to fit the lands (especially with merchandise), and Disney claims that the Star Wars land will be extensively themed, but I think there will be a surprising # of Potter fans who will get Universal Hollywood APs to spend time in Hogwarts listening to the excellent Hogwarts Frog Choir and drinking Butterbeer.

I'm not sure the fan frenzy will last with WWOHP. Granted I'm not the biggest fan of the series but I think the biggest problem they have with it is it's over. No more movies. Sure if the price is right there can always be more but I don't see it holding up for decades. Disneyland is timeless. Universal goes through fads. IMO. I'm glad to see Universal finally add to the park. But Even just comparing Star Wars Land to HP. Even if the details are better with HP, which I just can't see Disney letting that be so (especially since they already know what they have to "outdo") Star Wars has been ultra popular for 40 years. HP has been popular for about 15? And not nearly to the level of Star Wars.

Comment

The Harry Potter books are so excellent and long (over 3,000 pages with many entertaining parts still unfilmed) that I predict they'll be reshot in about 20 years. And Rowling is still fairly young and prolific. We haven't seen the last of her witchcraft.

Comment

True. But will Universal Be granted the right to do more theming based on those new stories? The Harry Potter movies are actually Warner Bros. Universal got the rights to do the theming at their parks. I could possibly see a headache in the future similar to what Disney and Universal have with the Marvel rights.

Comment

Mind I bring up Fantastic Beasts starting up next year adding more to Potters Film Mythos?

And it seems that we'll be getting the opening date on December Eighth so that should be interesting to hear.‚Äč
          I'm working as i'm with my autobots.

Comment

Originally posted by Alexshow View Post
            Mind I bring up Fantastic Beasts starting up next year adding more to Potters Film Mythos?

...and the stage play.

Comment

Originally posted by matterhorn77 View Post
              I'm not sure the fan frenzy will last with WWOHP. Granted I'm not the biggest fan of the series but I think the biggest problem they have with it is it's over. No more movies.
              I'm not a fan Harry Potter. When I first went to UO, I was far more interested in the roller coasters than Harry Potter. I was so impressed with the Wizarding World, I went back the next year when Diagon Alley opened. The stories may be what originally brings people into the parks, but it's the quality and attention to detail that will bring people back.

I don't ride POTC every time I'm at DL because of Johnny Depp, not do I ride the Haunted Mansion because of Eddie Murphy.

Comment

Working...
              X