Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Harry Potter at Universal to open April 7 , 2016

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #21
    Originally posted by GhostHost2 View Post


    I know that Dragon Challenge was just a rethemed Dueling Dragons but it really did add a lot to the area. Now I can understand WWOHP opening without Gringotts even though I wish it would; however, as great as Forbidden Journey and the surrounding theming is, it really needs to have more E ticket rides to be able to compare with the Florida version.
    Maybe that rumored Forbidden Forest ride will fit perfectly where Dragon Challenge was. DC's insanely high-capacity also helped the land overall. It will definitely feel like something is missing if you've been to Orlando. If you want to enjoy the land only due to crowds, DC was always a guaranteed way to get a quick Potter-related thrill.

    Hopefully that rumored Diagon Alley gets built soon. The one definite thing that could have set Gringotts as a top dark ride would be the coaster portion we all were expecting. Due to Hollywood's lack of rides, upgrading this ride would seriously benefit, and add another coaster ( I know Mummy will need a update in the next few years)
    Last edited by BlAcKoUt510; 12-15-2015, 09:49 AM.

    Comment


    • #22
      Originally posted by BlAcKoUt510 View Post

      Maybe that rumored Forbidden Forest ride will fit perfectly where Dragon Challenge was. DC's insanely high-capacity also helped the land overall. It will definitely feel like something is missing if you've been to Orlando. If you want to enjoy the land only due to crowds, DC was always a guaranteed way to get a quick Potter-related thrill.

      Hopefully that rumored Diagon Alley gets built soon. The one definite thing that could have set Gringotts as a top dark ride would be the coaster portion we all were expecting. Due to Hollywood's lack of rides, upgrading this ride would seriously benefit, and add another coaster ( I know Mummy will need a update in the next few years)
      I would love to see the Gringotts ride get built in Hollywood so I wouldn't have to travel to Orlando to ride it. I really don't see where USH would have room for Dragon Challenge, but adding it would really add a lot to the park.

      USH has changed for the better in a lot of ways recently, and adding some more E-Tickets without taking away any other E-Ticket rides would be awesome. Maybe the Shrek 4D space could be used for something. I realize that isn't that big though. Sadly, the USH Mummy ride seems so short compared to the Orlando one. I wish that it could be expanded somehow.

      Comment


      • #23
        Originally posted by jcruise86 View Post
        Well since I LOVE the hot and regular Butterbeer options and like the Butterbeer ice cream, I'm glad they also have another option that others like you like as much.
        Different drinks for different folks.

        Glad you agree on the outfits in the summer, though someone in a Sully, Spongebob, or Captain Hook costume might have it as bad,
        even if those characters (unlike Orlando's frog choir) can hang out in the shade.

        Today a friend pointed out how cool the WWoHP could become at Halloween or Christmas! That's not the most grown-up sentence I've ever written, but what was great about the WW was the child-like astonishment I felt when I first entered Hogwarts Village on a beautiful, stormy night.
        Gasp! I did not know there was a hot butterbeer option! That sounds amazing and true to the books (I'm too lazy to look but I thought I remembered a quote implying they were served warm and frothy).

        I think the childlike wonder and excitement even adults have for Wizarding World is excellent testimony to how well done the lands are designed. I heard many squeals and they were not coming from a stroller. One came from me.

        My only sour lemon, in all this delicious lemonade, is that I prefer Diagon Alley to Hogsmeade.. And right now there is no where to put that installment.

        Comment


        • #24
          Originally posted by dictionary View Post
          So did I read that article correct, there's no Gringotts and the rollercoaster ride that's part of it? That's gotta be a huge disappointment.
          Correct. I work in the travel industry so I got a cool escorted tour of both Harry Potter lands at Universal Orlando last year. There are two -- Hogsmeade and Diagon Alley. The main attraction in Hogsmeade is the Forbidden Journey, and the main attraction in Diagon Alley is Escape from Gringotts. Each land is in a separate park, and you can ride the Hogwarts Express between the two lands only if you have a 2-park ticket.

          What they are building here in Hollywood is just Hogsmeade. So that means we're getting The Forbidden Journey, which takes place within Hogwarts Castle. They're also going to build Flight of the Hippogriff, which is essentially a kiddie roller coaster like Gadget's Go-Coaster in Toontown (only better themed). Unfortunately we are not getting The Dragon Challenge (I guess because there is not enough room). As far as the shops and restaurants, we are getting all of the shops featured in the third movie Prisoner of Azkaban when they went to Hogsmeade -- Zonko's Joke Shop, Honeyduke's Sweet Shop, The Three Broomsticks, and Hog's Head Tavern. In addition, they are adding Ollivander's Wand Shop just because it's so popular (and because they sell those wands for $40 a pop and they don't want to miss out on all that money!) even though there was never an Ollivander's Wand Shop in Hogsmeade in either the movies or in the books as far as we know.

          What we aren't getting is Diagon Alley, which means we aren't getting the Escape from Gringott's ride, or the Hogwart's Express Train between the two lands. As far as shops and restuarants, we aren't getting the Ollivander's in Diagon Alley that looks like the one in the film, or the Weasley's Wizarding Wheezes (from Half Blood Prince), or Madam Malkin's Robe Shop, or Florish & Blott's Book Shop, or The Leakey Cauldron Restaurant, or Knockturn Alley with the Dark Wizarding Shops (Dervish & Banges?). I don't remember the names, but there was also a Quidditch Shop (Quality Quidditch Supplies?), and an Owl shop. I think there might have been a potions shop as well.

          Will we get a Diagon Alley later on, with the Hogwart's Express to connect the two? I'm not sure there's enough land, but maybe since they don't have two different theme parks in Hollywood, they can buy some land at the bottom of the hill, build Diagon Alley there, and then have the train take people from Hogsmeade down the hill to Diagon Alley.
          Disneyland Cast Member
          Outdoor Vending
          1996 - 1999

          My interview with MiceAge about working at Disneyland:

          http://micechat.com/blogs/mouth-of-t...ding-crew.html

          Comment


          • #25
            There are quite a few rumors happening that USH wants to get Diagon Alley in sooner rather than later. Perhaps even before Star Wars land opens. As far as I can tell, there's no consensus where it'll be located, but the location of Waterworld seems to be gaining the most momentum. If rumors are to be believed, their struggle is deciding whether or not to include Hogwart's Express, since the locations are actually very near each other... there may not be the space or need to do it.

            Unrelated, a number of sources are saying there will be a Secret Life of Pets dark ride attraction on the lower lot, next to Transformers, on the old Stage 28 space. Should be the next major addition following Hogsmeade.
            Does anyone even bother with signatures anymore?

            Comment


            • #26
              Originally posted by JesterMn View Post
              There are quite a few rumors happening that USH wants to get Diagon Alley in sooner rather than later. Perhaps even before Star Wars land opens. As far as I can tell, there's no consensus where it'll be located, but the location of Waterworld seems to be gaining the most momentum. If rumors are to be believed, their struggle is deciding whether or not to include Hogwart's Express, since the locations are actually very near each other... there may not be the space or need to do it.

              Unrelated, a number of sources are saying there will be a Secret Life of Pets dark ride attraction on the lower lot, next to Transformers, on the old Stage 28 space. Should be the next major addition following Hogsmeade.
              Yeah, there are quite a few rumors swirling around. The Secret Life of Pets attraction is the most recent one I've heard.

              It will be interesting to see how Universal handles the crowds for Wizarding World this year. The Waterworld location would seem to be the most obvious place for Diagon Alley, but I wonder how that will fare out logistically.


              Comment


              • #27
                As far as the opening time frame itself goes... my wife's 30th b-day is on the 12th of April, which is the following Tuesday. I'd love to surprise her and take her into the new HP areas that day.

                Any suggestions for getting in? Can I buy or reserve tickets in advance? I figure maybe a weekday after opening might be better than a weekend. I would like to do something special for her if at all possible. She's been saying it would be wonderful if she could go then - any suggestions on how to pull it off properly?

                Comment


                • #28
                  Originally posted by B2D View Post
                  As far as the opening time frame itself goes... my wife's 30th b-day is on the 12th of April, which is the following Tuesday. I'd love to surprise her and take her into the new HP areas that day.

                  Any suggestions for getting in? Can I buy or reserve tickets in advance? I figure maybe a weekday after opening might be better than a weekend. I would like to do something special for her if at all possible. She's been saying it would be wonderful if she could go then - any suggestions on how to pull it off properly?
                  Buy the tickets in advance online.
                  https://store.universalstudioshollyw...seTickets.aspx
                  It looks like they're only $80 for that day if you buy them online in advance. Of course you'll have to pay for parking, and it goes without saying that you should get there early.

                  Comment


                  • #29
                    Originally posted by 9oldmen View Post
                    Buy the tickets in advance online.
                    https://store.universalstudioshollyw...seTickets.aspx
                    It looks like they're only $80 for that day if you buy them online in advance. Of course you'll have to pay for parking, and it goes without saying that you should get there early.
                    Didn't see that version of the site... thanks for the link!

                    Comment

                    Working...
                    X