Universal removes blockout dates for passholders in February

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Universal removes blockout dates for passholders in February

Universal Studios informed active passholders this evening by email (see attached) that it will lift all blackout dates for its annual and season passholders during the month of February.

https://twitter.com/Park_Journey/sta...33883248164868

Some are speculating that sales for annual passes and recent attendance have been soft, prompting Universal to bring in more guests during February.

If Universal does open Hogsmeade Village and the Flight of the Hippograff family roller coaster early as some believe (possibly as early as Presidents Day weekend), it might also be a way to ease some of the demand for Harry Potter as fans wait for the opening. This might also build up word of mouth for the official opening of Harry Potter in early April.

Makes sense. I don't know how big their AP population is but if I were them I'd make sure I had enough AP preview days so that every AP could attend BEFORE the land opens to the general public.
    Disneyland Cast Member
    Outdoor Vending
    1996 - 1999

My interview with MiceAge about working at Disneyland:

http://micechat.com/blogs/mouth-of-t...ding-crew.html

Comment

Classy and practical. It'll help Universal prepare for large crowds that will accompany the WWoHP. I'd bet the price of Universal Hollywood's APs will increase once HP opens.

That is the same park that has passed out free hot chocolate on rainy days,
      free pretzels to our family during a brief breakdown while we waited for the excellent Transformers attraction,
      and that has some small slightly elevated information booths just to answer guests suggestions in the parks without pimping timeshares.
      I love Disneyland, but I also love Universal and Knott's. (Sorry Magic Mountain, I'm not that easy.)

Comment

Working...
      X