Announcement

Collapse
1 of 3 < >

MiceChat Knott's Scary Farm Event

Tickets for MiceChat's annual Knott's Scary Farm meetup are now on sale. Event info can be found here - scaryfarm2017.eventzilla.net
2 of 3 < >

Tom Chaney Memorial Debate Lounge

The Tom Chaney Memorial Debate Lounge has been opened. You can find it in the Lounges section.

All MiceChat rules still apply.
3 of 3 < >

Registrations

All new user registrations require email verification. Please make sure that micechat.com is not blocked by your SPAM filter. Approvals are done at least once per day, but no approval will be given for accounts that have not verified their email address. No account created using anonymous services will be approved. These include proxies, VPN's, and Tor exit nodes. IP address reputations are also checked. Any IP address with questionable reputation will be banned and the registration denied.
See more
See less

So how did you like the new, permanent Walking Dead attraction?

Collapse

Ad Widget

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• So how did you like the new, permanent Walking Dead attraction?

If you experienced the new Walking Dead attraction, how did you like it?

Here's a positive review: http://www.themeparkinsider.com/flume/201606/5141/
    Last edited by jcruise86; 07-05-2016, 11:15 AM.

I got to experience it 3 times yesterday. My thought on it is it's ok. I sort of expected something better than what they do at HHN. To an extent it is better as the sets are nice. BUT the maze to me is really short for something that is permanent. Definitely not enough action in the maze. Now this may be due to the fact it;s open during the day as well. I really liked the "don't open dead inside" part in the queue. There are 4 main parts to the maze and as I said before the detail on the sets/scenes were nice but we could use a lot more walkers and things to look at between the scenes. I really hope they have a plan for making it fresh or it will be deserted soon than later.
    These are some of my favorite TRs I have posted

DL 55th BDAY trip report
    My company had a special night at the park
    WdW trip report with WWoHP
    NYE 2011 trip report
    Mice Chat 7th anniversary
    Leap year 24 hour report
    New DCA trip report
    NYE 2012
    HKDL trip report

Comment

Originally posted by biggsworth View Post
      I got to experience it 3 times yesterday. My thought on it is it's ok. I sort of expected something better than what they do at HHN. To an extent it is better as the sets are nice. BUT the maze to me is really short for something that is permanent. Definitely not enough action in the maze. Now this may be due to the fact it;s open during the day as well. I really liked the "don't open dead inside" part in the queue. There are 4 main parts to the maze and as I said before the detail on the sets/scenes were nice but we could use a lot more walkers and things to look at between the scenes. I really hope they have a plan for making it fresh or it will be deserted soon than later.
      Thanks, Biggsworth! The short length might work for me since I want to use this to learn if my daughter might be ready for Knott's Scary Farm. (She loved the previous House of Horrors which she correctly insisted she could handle when she was seven. I know, bad dad! We exited and she was jumping up and down yelling, "Again! Again!" and she loved it again the second time. She was thrilled to see a couple of older kids come out crying.)
      I miss the House of Horrors.
      Last edited by jcruise86; 07-19-2016, 03:13 PM.

Comment

We loved it! I can see where it's not something you would go through over and over and over but we had a great time getting scarde

Comment

My girlfriend and I want to hit up Universal Studios in the next few weeks just to check it out. Been reading a lot of mixed reviews. So is it worth it? I mean, shes a huge Harry Potter fan so I guess we can go on that a million times if The Walking Dead sucks.

Comment

There is some variability in that the first time I tried it, there was no line and there was an actor who was in the hospital area to set up the maze. Very good! He was convincing and forceful. The second time I went there was no actor and a very long line. Meh!
            --
            http://www.bewaterwise.com

Comment

I'm wondering if there are plans to update the attraction to reflect the series. Each season has included one or two iconic locations - Terminus, burning cabin, the prison, Hershel's Farm of Endless Wheelspinning, etc. - many of which became dear to fans. I wonder if they've painted themselves into a corner... Generic set pieces reflecting series tropes and values wouldn't have quite the same punch, but setting expectations for a TWD 'greatest hits' may leave the attraction feeling dated if they don't invest in regular updates.
              Boggard LIEEEEF!

Comment

I'm normally not into these types of attractions but I was ok with it because it was provided something new that wasn't yet another screen based attraction. Probably won't do it again.

Comment

^^I believe Murdy stated that about 1/3 of the attraction can be changed out, and when HHN comes around, it can be plussed with more monsters. So it sounds as if there will be some long term flexibility. About a week or two ago, they were already playing with some new locations.
                  Does anyone even bother with signatures anymore?

Comment

Good to know. That will also make it a much more repeatable experience.
                    Boggard LIEEEEF!

Comment

I just wish they made an attaction that changed year round by the season

During Christmas you have Krampus there....Summer is walking dead....and Halloween is what ever the new maze is....always thought that is what the House of Horrors should have been too
                      Happy Halloween!!!

Comment

Universal once did a Grinch maze for the first Grinchmas in that spot (with real sets and props from the movies). I wish they would bring that back.
                        It wasn't intended to be scary, but it was still very cool.

Comment

Originally posted by JerrodDRagon View Post
                          I just wish they made an attaction that changed year round by the season

During Christmas you have Krampus there....Summer is walking dead....and Halloween is what ever the new maze is....always thought that is what the House of Horrors should have been too
                          I'd like a permanent, much larger and grander ride-through (go ahead and steal the Doombuggies) House of Horrors with classic Universal & newer monsters, and I'd like it to be 40% longer for Halloween (not just for the HHN), by turning down a track into rooms you don't experience the rest of the year. (And, Daddy, I want a golden goose NOW!)

Comment

Originally posted by jcruise86 View Post
                            I'd like a permanent, much larger and grander ride-through (go ahead and steal the Doombuggies) House of Horrors with classic Universal & newer monsters, and I'd like it to be 40% longer for Halloween (not just for the HHN), by turning down a track into rooms you don't experience the rest of the year. (And, Daddy, I want a golden goose NOW!)
                            I'd be down for that....besides fairs no one has Spook rides any more.

Happy Halloween!!!

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                            Working...
                            X