Announcement

Collapse

Your Assistance Please

We need your help to battle spammers and also to keep our community user friendly.
PLEASE BE KIND TO OTHERS - Refrain from personal attacks. Avoid politics and harsh language whenever possible. If someone is violating our simple rules, DO NOT confront them, simply report the post.
STOP SPAMMERS - Report the post. DO NOT respond to them.

2017 is a year of renewal for us, we have lots of exciting changes on the way for you, but we don't have time to deal with trolls and spammers. If you find yourself suspended and need to plead your case, you will need to do so after your suspension. We are happy to address your concerns if you made a simple mistake. However, please note that those with a history of bad behavior and pushing our rules to the limit will not be given the courtesy of a reply.

MiceChat offers a number of ways for you to communicate and get involved. We offer Facebook Groups and Pages, Twitter, Instagram and Pinterest accounts. We have a front page filled with amazing content. We offer weekly meetups in the parks. Meets and events all over the world. Podcasts and videos. And we continue to maintain forums for your posting convenience. But with all those options, we can't be everywhere all the time. We need YOUR help. Please don't poke the trolls. Report posts and leave reputation. We'll do our best to keep the forums clean and active, but we can't do so without your help.

Thank you for your support folks, it's going to be a really fantastic year in the MiceChat world.
See more
See less

Nintendo World Annouced for USH

Collapse

Ad Widget

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Nintendo World Annouced for USH

So they've officially annouced Nintendo World for Universal Parks, including Hollywood.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H9j-MHzwEQ8&t=0s
    Personally I wasn't expecting them to add this to USH because they will definitely need to take something away in order to add this. Where do you think they will make the space? I look forward to it and hope they git rid of the area with the waterplayground thing and the despicable me ride. I never go over there when I visit the park.

My understanding is that this is supposed to go in the lower level where they are tearing down some soundstages. It's hard to get too excited since the video contains very little new information. We have no idea how big these lands are, the types of attractions they will have, or when we are supposed to expect them.

Comment

Originally posted by sheetz View Post
      My understanding is that this is supposed to go in the lower level where they are tearing down some soundstages.
      Yep. Several soundstages are coming out. Although this announcement did seem to have some new info, because before it wasn't definitively stated that the Nintendo stuff would be coming to all three Universal Parks. Now we know it is. The announcement also referred to "areas" with "multiple attractions", shops and restaurants. The original news was vague enough that it might've only been in Florida, or Florida and Japan. This suggests all three get Nintendo, and definitely more than one attraction in all three parks. So, to me, that's exciting.

Comment

Originally posted by theatremouse View Post

Yep. Several soundstages are coming out. Although this announcement did seem to have some new info, because before it wasn't definitively stated that the Nintendo stuff would be coming to all three Universal Parks. Now we know it is. The announcement also referred to "areas" with "multiple attractions", shops and restaurants. The original news was vague enough that it might've only been in Florida, or Florida and Japan. This suggests all three get Nintendo, and definitely more than one attraction in all three parks. So, to me, that's exciting.
        theatremouse, what do you mean by "all three"? Did you mean USH, USF and IOA (the three U.S. gates)? If you're talking about the resorts in Asia and the U.S., then there's four (Hollywood, Florida, Osaka and Singapore), and five if you count the proposed one in Beijing. Just wondering what you meant by "all three".

Comment

I meant the three I mentioned: Hollywood, Osaka, Orlando, but I realize now I phrased it poorly. I haven't seen any news about the Nintendo stuff mention Singapore (or Beijing), either when originally announced or this week. The stuff I read when it was first announced mentioned "US and Japan" but wasn't more specific than that. The announcement this week was explicit about Japan and both US resorts (but didn't specify USO or IOA or both).

Comment

Which sound stages are they tearing down? I went about a month ago to USH and when I was on the Tour they said it was the last day they were going to do the parting of the sea because that little lagoon area was going to be made into new soundstages??? Was he lying?

Comment

Originally posted by Lenimph View Post
              Which sound stages are they tearing down? I went about a month ago to USH and when I was on the Tour they said it was the last day they were going to do the parting of the sea because that little lagoon area was going to be made into new soundstages??? Was he lying?

Nope your tour guide was not lying.

http://variety.com/2016/biz/news/uni...on-1201795566/
              For Disney Theme Park Video Click Here!

Comment

I love Nintendo but for some reason this actually doesn't excite me. Will see how these look whenever they make their way to the parks.
                These are some of my favorite TRs I have posted

DL 55th BDAY trip report
                My company had a special night at the park
                WdW trip report with WWoHP
                NYE 2011 trip report
                Mice Chat 7th anniversary
                Leap year 24 hour report
                New DCA trip report
                NYE 2012
                HKDL trip report

Comment

We better not get the rumored Pets ride....just make those old sound stages Nintendo Rides...thats it

Happy Halloween!!!

Comment

Nintendo of America just tweeted out the official name of USJ's land, Super Nintendo Land.

https://twitter.com/NintendoAmerica/...75059718180864

Comment

Originally posted by JerrodDRagon View Post
                      We better not get the rumored Pets ride....just make those old sound stages Nintendo Rides...thats it
                      I'm okay with the Pets ride as it's rumored to be more animatronics and sets than the usual reliance on screens. Besides the SLoP building is on the other side of the lower lot where folks think Nintendo is going. I'd be more disappointed if we lost Mummy for Nintendo tho.

Comment

Originally posted by SpoonCM View Post

I'm okay with the Pets ride as it's rumored to be more animatronics and sets than the usual reliance on screens. Besides the SLoP building is on the other side of the lower lot where folks think Nintendo is going. I'd be more disappointed if we lost Mummy for Nintendo tho.
                        Doesn't make the ride better if its based off a Toy Story knock off that really should not exist...the movie is hot trash compared to anything Disney made in the past 5 years

Mummy might get replaced...by the new money I could see that happening to promote the new series but I want a FULL Nintendo land...its the best IP Universal has now besides Harry Potter so they better use it to the full
                        Happy Halloween!!!

Comment

Doesn't make the ride better if its based off a Toy Story knock off that really should not exist...the movie is hot trash compared to anything Disney made in the past 5 years

Mummy might get replaced...by the new money I could see that happening to promote the new series but I want a FULL Nintendo land...its the best IP Universal has now besides Harry Potter so they better use it to the full
                          Good rides can come from IPs that bombed - which technically SLoP did not do. It's an alright movie but I just figure Uni should increase its attraction count before asking folks to shell out money for their overpriced APs. Shoot I'd take a Cat in the Hat clone at this point.

Comment

Originally posted by SpoonCM View Post

Good rides can come from IPs that bombed - which technically SLoP did not do. It's an alright movie but I just figure Uni should increase its attraction count before asking folks to shell out money for their overpriced APs. Shoot I'd take a Cat in the Hat clone at this point.
                            And you can have mediocre rides (like Despicable me) from just good movies.....Nintendo is also going to be hands on which I trust them more in terms of quality then Universal....Potterland would not be as detailed if JK Rolling was not on top of it. Pets I'm sure would be cute but forgettable and Nintendo rides would be as rerideable as their games are replayable.

Happy Halloween!!!

Comment

And you can have mediocre rides (like Despicable me) from just good movies.....Nintendo is also going to be hands on which I trust them more in terms of quality then Universal....Potterland would not be as detailed if JK Rolling was not on top of it. Pets I'm sure would be cute but forgettable and Nintendo rides would be as rerideable as their games are replayable.
                              I can not with Despicable Me. After the Simpsons and Shrek 4D, USH really needs to diversify it's attraction line-up. Good thing they have another 5 years or so of expansion coming to hopefully fix that.

​​​

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X