Collapse

Ad Widget

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yesterday the wait times on Harry Potter FJ were 10 minutes all day. I think at this rate, Comcast is going to pull the plug on these expansions if they can't start to draw weekday crowds.
    Check out my thread on The MiceChat Community Outpost!

https://discuss.micechat.com/forum/lounges/community-outpost/8482829-new-disney-parks-attractionistas-holly-hollywood-tower-hotel-bellhop-doll

Comment

Originally posted by CoalingaLucy View Post
      Yesterday the wait times on Harry Potter FJ were 10 minutes all day. I think at this rate, Comcast is going to pull the plug on these expansions if they can't start to draw weekday crowds.
      Not saying you're wrong, but coming to the parks on a Wednesday during a school day for many is probably what did it. The park was insane packed this past Saturday.

Comment

Attendance is up for sure at USH. Most holidays see some crazy crowds at the park and I wouldn't be surprised if the park hits capacity in the next two weeks. Still for the most part, crowds tend to leave early and the APs took a beating with the Potter price hike and the gazillion changes afterwards to get them to come back. I think Comcast knows, it dreamed too big with what they though Harry Potter would do for USH. USF and USJ had the park to support the crowds. USH doesn't since it's a movie studio first with a theme park attached to it. They should have built the park out more before adding Hogsmeade all willy nilly at the front of the park.

Comment

Every time I've gone all restaurants have lines pretty much from when they open until it becomes dark, maybe not as many people as they want to see but they are making money off the people who are there for sure.
          Also it might make them think more about adding some stupid Pets ride over adding a Sub;and like Nintendoland because they don't want to risk space being used for a ride that will get some love but come on Nintendo has wayyy more love from both adults and kids, has more toys to sell and will have longer lines. This could be a good thing that makes them start thinking twice before just adding another attraction from another just ok movie....like Despicable Me (its a good move...but theme park worthy?)
          Happy Halloween!!!

Comment

Originally posted by JerrodDRagon View Post
            Every time I've gone all restaurants have lines pretty much from when they open until it becomes dark, maybe not as many people as they want to see but they are making money off the people who are there for sure.
            Also it might make them think more about adding some stupid Pets ride over adding a Sub;and like Nintendoland because they don't want to risk space being used for a ride that will get some love but come on Nintendo has wayyy more love from both adults and kids, has more toys to sell and will have longer lines. This could be a good thing that makes them start thinking twice before just adding another attraction from another just ok movie....like Despicable Me (its a good move...but theme park worthy?)
            Agree with you, but food needs more options and organization at universal.

https://discuss.micechat.com/forum/lounges/community-outpost/8482829-new-disney-parks-attractionistas-holly-hollywood-tower-hotel-bellhop-doll

Comment

Agree with you, but food needs more options and organization at universal.
              Organization yes...more restaurants? No thanks

I count 3 Restaurants down stairs, along with a star bucks and a snack shack.

Then upstairs we have like 8-12, maybe more options but I don't want any more space used for restaurants or stores...unless we do get a new Subland downstairs and then yes it would need one
              Happy Halloween!!!

Comment

Originally posted by JerrodDRagon View Post

Organization yes...more restaurants? No thanks

I count 3 Restaurants down stairs, along with a star bucks and a snack shack.

Then upstairs we have like 8-12, maybe more options but I don't want any more space used for restaurants or stores...unless we do get a new Subland downstairs and then yes it would need one
                I think the food could definitely use an up in quality and uniqueness - something they do well in Hogsmeade but falls flat everywhere else. USH's Fast Food Blvd and Grus Cafe have gone downhill really fast since opening. I gave up eating there as the food is consistently bad. It's usually been kept luke warm under the warmers and served all sloppily. Whatever's in the lower lot is basically chain offerings and that's always a hit or miss. I would welcome any new offerings as long as they had someone watching over quality like a hawk like JK Rowling or more folks from Orlando come in to show Hollywood how to run a theme park food operation.

Comment

Originally posted by SpoonCM View Post

I think the food could definitely use an up in quality and uniqueness - something they do well in Hogsmeade but falls flat everywhere else. USH's Fast Food Blvd and Grus Cafe have gone downhill really fast since opening. I gave up eating there as the food is consistently bad. It's usually been kept luke warm under the warmers and served all sloppily. Whatever's in the lower lot is basically chain offerings and that's always a hit or miss. I would welcome any new offerings as long as they had someone watching over quality like a hawk like JK Rowling or more folks from Orlando come in to show Hollywood how to run a theme park food operation.
                  I think Universal could use more sit down service restaurants -- are there any inside the park?

Not sure if Ninentendo would be the theme to start a nicer food venue, but it could be more like a rainforest experience.

Comment

Originally posted by Jesser-pie View Post

I think Universal could use more sit down service restaurants -- are there any inside the park?

Not sure if Ninentendo would be the theme to start a nicer food venue, but it could be more like a rainforest experience.
                    Nope. No table service at USH. I also doubt a table service restaurant would be in the works for Nintendo Land. Still I can picture a buffet with character dining. lol! Doubt it'd be VIP Tour Lunch Buffet quality, but it's a good dream.

Comment

Originally posted by Jesser-pie View Post

I don't think Universal wants those kind of restaurants...they want you to eat and leave to ride and buy more
                      Happy Halloween!!!

Comment

If not table service at least more tables and places to sit and be entertained.

Comment

If not table service at least more tables and places to sit and be entertained.
                          Most definitely! I doubt there was a free table or bench to be seen this week. With a small attraction roster and expectations of DCA sized crowds in a shoebox, there just isn't a lot of places for people to go. They have added more streetmosphere characters which is nice, too bad it's hard to stop and watch the show because pathways are mobbed with people.

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                          Working...
                          X