Announcement

Collapse

Your Assistance Please

We need your help to battle spammers and also to keep our community user friendly.
PLEASE BE KIND TO OTHERS - Refrain from personal attacks. Avoid politics and harsh language whenever possible. If someone is violating our simple rules, DO NOT confront them, simply report the post.
STOP SPAMMERS - Report the post. DO NOT respond to them.

2017 is a year of renewal for us, we have lots of exciting changes on the way for you, but we don't have time to deal with trolls and spammers. If you find yourself suspended and need to plead your case, you will need to do so after your suspension. We are happy to address your concerns if you made a simple mistake. However, please note that those with a history of bad behavior and pushing our rules to the limit will not be given the courtesy of a reply.

MiceChat offers a number of ways for you to communicate and get involved. We offer Facebook Groups and Pages, Twitter, Instagram and Pinterest accounts. We have a front page filled with amazing content. We offer weekly meetups in the parks. Meets and events all over the world. Podcasts and videos. And we continue to maintain forums for your posting convenience. But with all those options, we can't be everywhere all the time. We need YOUR help. Please don't poke the trolls. Report posts and leave reputation. We'll do our best to keep the forums clean and active, but we can't do so without your help.

Thank you for your support folks, it's going to be a really fantastic year in the MiceChat world.
See more
See less

3D Preference for Forbidden Journey

Collapse

Ad Widget

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [Hollywood] 3D Preference for Forbidden Journey

Now that Universal Hollywood has removed 3D from forbidden journey, what do you think?

Personally, I liked that they tried to up the ante with 3D; however, it just made it harder to sit through without the nausea and the screen never felt clear. However, I will miss the little goggles (in one respect, they helped block out some muggle effects).
    3D! I want my quidditch goggles!
    0%
    No 3D! It is better without the nausea
    100.00%
    Other (please explain)
    0%

The ride itself is fairly disappointing. The queue and outside building are very well themed, but the whole ride is puzzling. The conveyor belt moves too fast as you try to grab a seat. The restraint system makes it hard for larger or heavier people to get in quickly or at all, and the effects are just ok. My favorite part of the ride is the tree that tries to attack you.

Maybe they shouldn't have subcontracted the work out.

Comment

I do like that they tried the 3D, but after riding both 3 and 2 D, I think overall the 2D experience is superior. Both have their pluses and minuses, but 2D wins out. It's more convenient (no glasses), and because you now have better peripheral vision, to me it actually feels more immersive.

^I really am surprised you find the ride "disappointing". I don't agree with any of your points whatsoever... but to each their own. The conveyor belt moves briskly to up the RPH, slowing it down more would both slow down the ride and the line... a lose/lose. There's plenty of time for riders to get seated. The effects are amazing (to me). I will concede you do have a point about larger riders, but that is not a unique problem in this day and age. Plus, given the motions of the ride, what other restraint system would you suggest?
      Does anyone even bother with signatures anymore?

Comment

Originally posted by CoalingaLucy View Post
        The ride itself is fairly disappointing. The queue and outside building are very well themed, but the whole ride is puzzling. The conveyor belt moves too fast as you try to grab a seat. The restraint system makes it hard for larger or heavier people to get in quickly or at all, and the effects are just ok. My favorite part of the ride is the tree that tries to attack you.

Maybe they shouldn't have subcontracted the work out.
        I enjoy the ride, but to be honest, my favorite parts kind of are walking through the queue (though I would make the argument that real E ticket attraction is land/surroundings itself). I don't have a problem with system, especially now that 3D has been removed, but my biggest complaint is actually the flow of story, which is literally all over the place.

I think Gringotts is by far the superior Potter ride in terms of system and story. Too bad it wouldn't go with the castle.

Comment

Originally posted by JesterMn View Post
          I do like that they tried the 3D, but after riding both 3 and 2 D, I think overall the 2D experience is superior. Both have their pluses and minuses, but 2D wins out. It's more convenient (no glasses), and because you now have better peripheral vision, to me it actually feels more immersive.

^I really am surprised you find the ride "disappointing". I don't agree with any of your points whatsoever... but to each their own. The conveyor belt moves briskly to up the RPH, slowing it down more would both slow down the ride and the line... a lose/lose. There's plenty of time for riders to get seated. The effects are amazing (to me). I will concede you do have a point about larger riders, but that is not a unique problem in this day and age. Plus, given the motions of the ride, what other restraint system would you suggest?
          Since I already wear glasses, adding 3D always gives an awkward extra bulk on my nose and around my vision.

You have a good point about the ride system keeping the line brisk. I once went where there're was over an hour wait, but it was very bearable (aside from the queue) because it just kept moving. It's got the efficiency of an omnimover since there is not stop/unload for each bench.

Comment

Kill it with fire....the 3D added nothing since it was not filmed in 3D...just made people throw up and more blurry
            Happy Halloween!!!

Comment

Originally posted by JesterMn View Post
              The conveyor belt moves briskly to up the RPH, slowing it down more would both slow down the ride and the line... a lose/lose.
              I think when Lucy said the belt moves "too fast"she meant that it moves faster than the actual vehicles. If it's moving faster than the vehicles then it's not going to do anything to increase capacity since that is only going to be affected by the speed of the vehicles, and the efficiency of the loading. I suspect that if the belt is moving faster than the vehicles, then it is not happening by design.
              Should Disney speed up the loading belts on all of their omnimover rides? Will that increase capacity?

Comment

Actually, it moves the same speed as the vehicles.

Technically, I imagine speeding up the belts would increase capacity. Though FJ seems to have been designed with the higher speed in mind, both for the attraction itself, as well as the loading. While it moves briskly, the loading area is very long, generally giving ample time for people to get situated. Other omnimover rides don't have as long of a loading area, and they would not be served in the attraction that way.
                Does anyone even bother with signatures anymore?

Comment

I feel it is too fast. I am not 18 anymore and I feel rushed trying to get on.

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                  Working...
                  X