Announcement

Collapse
1 of 3 < >

MiceChat Knott's Scary Farm Event

Tickets for MiceChat's annual Knott's Scary Farm meetup are now on sale. Event info can be found here - scaryfarm2017.eventzilla.net
2 of 3 < >

Tom Chaney Memorial Debate Lounge

The Tom Chaney Memorial Debate Lounge has been opened. You can find it in the Lounges section.

All MiceChat rules still apply.
3 of 3 < >

Registrations

All new user registrations require email verification. Please make sure that micechat.com is not blocked by your SPAM filter. Approvals are done at least once per day, but no approval will be given for accounts that have not verified their email address. No account created using anonymous services will be approved. These include proxies, VPN's, and Tor exit nodes. IP address reputations are also checked. Any IP address with questionable reputation will be banned and the registration denied.
See more
See less

Does WWoHP Need Characters?

Collapse

Ad Widget

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Does WWoHP Need Characters?

I came across a comment that suggested that what Harry Potter themed lands really need to reel in repeat visitors is character meet and greets. While I can understand why people might want to meet people from the story, it's hard for me to see it fitting within the land's conceit of realism. While I don't think Darth Vader characteristically would pose with fans for photos, it doesn't seem such a stretch in Disney realms where this so engrained in my mind. However, it would seem ridiculous to me to have Harry, who we are told specifically does not want adoring fans/ being in the spotlight, doing a meet and greet. I wonder how much Universal is missing out by not having people meet the golden trio and others.

I think there is some kind of stipulation with J.K. Rowling and Warner's stating that no live performers in the areas will portray specific characters from the books or movies. The wand keepers at Olivander's are just that, "wand keepers". If you're working "Forbidden Journey" or at Filch's Emporium, you are simply a "student". you can't say "I'm Neville Longbottom" or "Seamus Finnegan". The "Beauxbatons" and "Drumstrang" people in the TriWizard rally are simply that. None of them are "Fleur Delacour" or "Victor Krum".
    The only appearances of the named characters are on film/video in the rides, with the original actors (or a..uuhh... "sound alike" of Emma Watson in "Gringott's" and "Hogwarts Express") or Kenneth Branagh as "Lockheart" in that store window display, etc.
    I think they're already getting plenty of repeat visitors, and if not so much, they can lure people back with Halloween "Death Eater" events, or a "Yule Ball" like they're doing in Osaka, Japan, and I think in Orlando.

Comment

I think Death Eaters would be fun enough and decorating it up for Christmas would really be fun to see to.

Maybe Dobby in a similar way they do Donkey or maybe let you meet some Fantastic Beasts...I find Universal Characters much more fun and easy to approach then Disney's
      Happy Halloween!!!

Comment

JerrodDRagon 9oldmen

I love the Death Eater ideas... maybe it's only a matter of time before spooky Halloween elements are brought in for the holiday.

It looks like Universal is doing fine without enticing people with meeting the boy who lived... per Theme Park Insider attendance is up 60%: http://www.themeparkinsider.com/flume/201704/5551/

Comment

Originally posted by Jesser-pie View Post
          [USER="5449"]maybe it's only a matter of time before spooky Halloween elements are brought in for the holiday.
          This is 100% hearsay/rumor, but I've been told by several know-it-all types that Rowling supposedly has put the hard "no" on including WWOHP in HHN proceedings.

Boggard LIEEEEF!

Comment

Originally posted by BogLurch View Post

This is 100% hearsay/rumor, but I've been told by several know-it-all types that Rowling supposedly has put the hard "no" on including WWOHP in HHN proceedings.
            Oh I didn't even think of that aspect (I just meant atmospheric decor and characters.). I forgot Universal did HHN... so is Hogsmeade closed during HHN or is just not monster infested?

I see Rowling as the reported source of the restrictions so often (in movies and the parks). I wonder how much (if not all) comes from her input.

Comment

It did open for at least one night towards the end of the HHN run last year, as a bit of a test to see how it would go. So that does eliminate the "hard no" option.

I have no idea if there was any indication it'd be open this upcoming year or not, as I don't know how it went the night(s) it did remain open. I believe I heard it was relatively light, but not dead. The biggest problem with HHN is that the lines for the mazes get so ridiculously long (3 hours plus is not unusual), they do need other options to keep guests entertained.
              Does anyone even bother with signatures anymore?

Comment

Was it decorated with talent working the streets, or open as the normal WWOHP?
                Boggard LIEEEEF!

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                Working...
                X