Announcement

Collapse

Ad Blockers

Please do not use ad blocking software when visiting MiceChat. It costs money to keep MiceChat online, and ad revenue offsets this. Thank you.
See more
See less

Talk me into visiting Universal Orlando

Collapse

Ad Widget

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Talk me into visiting Universal Orlando

We're going to WDW for 10 days in November to do the Wine and Dine half Marathon. We really want to visit Universal but I looked at the prices last night and have major second thoughts. I can't believe the admission is so high for Universal. I figure by the time I get 2 tickets parking and eat it is a 500 minimum day. We go to USH all the time I have been to Orlando once but not since Diagon alley which is why we want to go. I find it hard to justify the cost when a lot of the attractions are clones. Anyways you all may now fight on my behalf on why I should or should not go
    These are some of my favorite TRs I have posted

DL 55th BDAY trip report
    My company had a special night at the park
    WdW trip report with WWoHP
    NYE 2011 trip report
    Mice Chat 7th anniversary
    Leap year 24 hour report
    New DCA trip report
    NYE 2012
    HKDL trip report

Go to IOA, you dont have to go to the other park unless you really want

I'd go if
    You like Dr Seuss, Harry Potter, Marvel and or Old Cartoon (before 1950's). IOA is packed full of fun attractions and really great themes, I had a blast and really only Epcot for me was more impressive the rest of the Disney parks felt lacking in attractions compared (Magic Kingdom is great but I have gone to Disneyland soooo many times not something you have too do)

Here is a cool little guide to it all
    http://www.themeparkinsider.com/revi..._of_adventure/
    Happy Halloween!!!

Comment

I did a 10 day trip to Florida last August, and we ended our WDW/Universal trip, with three nights at Universal's Cabana Bay Hotel. I spent two absolutely marvelous days checking out all the Harry Potter stuff. It was a memorable vacation. You really do feel like you are in the Harry Potter movie. The place is really special. If you have seen the movies, and/or read the books, I say you aren't wasting your money in any way to experience what Universal has to offer.
      BarbaraAnn

Comment

Thanks you two!!!!

DL 55th BDAY trip report
        NYE 2011 trip report
        Leap year 24 hour report
        New DCA trip report
        NYE 2012
        HKDL trip report

Comment

Originally posted by JerrodDRagon View Post
          Go to IOA, you dont have to go to the other park unless you really want
          I would get park hoppers if you can afford it. Yes, there's a lot in USF that can be seen in Hollywood, but there's also a lot that can't, including the better of the two Potter lands. You'll also get to ride the Hogwarts Express this way, and you don't risk annoyance at the fact that you can't enter a park that's almost literally next door.

Comment

Originally posted by JtnOrl View Post

I would get park hoppers if you can afford it. Yes, there's a lot in USF that can be seen in Hollywood, but there's also a lot that can't, including the better of the two Potter lands. You'll also get to ride the Hogwarts Express this way, and you don't risk annoyance at the fact that you can't enter a park that's almost literally next door.
            If we go I would get the park hopper even though I have been to WWoHP I haven't been on the train,

DL 55th BDAY trip report
            NYE 2011 trip report
            Leap year 24 hour report
            New DCA trip report
            NYE 2012
            HKDL trip report

Comment

Originally posted by biggsworth View Post

If we go I would get the park hopper even though I have been to WWoHP I haven't been on the train,
              The train is my favorite of the all the Potter rides; it's fun and serves as actual transportation. I love that I can "literally" go from London to Hogwarts just like any other student (then again I am a proud Ravenclaw and potter head so that experience is worth more to me than more casual fans). I agree with JtnOrl that Diagon Alley is the better of the Potter lands. It improves on the immersion (so much more to look at; they even have a mini Knockturn Alley that like BB/PotC, is set at "night").

I will I'll admit I don't love the rest of the park, but their version of the Mummy is better than Hollywood's. In fact that is why I don't mind the park hopper (or park to park ticket) requirement for the train; it allows me to condense the two into one, where I can focus on what I enjoy. When I go to Orlando, I never seem to have enough time.

Comment

I'd suggest both Parkhoppers and Universal Express, where you can go as many front-of-lines as you like. You are spending so much just to be in Florida already, the Express tickets are such a tiny fraction and allow you to enjoy the parks at your own pace. My friend did not want to re-ride The Mummy, but instead spent 12 minutes watching and interacting with the Mardi Gras performers before i was back from riding it again on a whim. The costs are so small compared to the burn-rate in waiting an average of 20-35 minutes for every ride you'd like to try out. We maintain it's completely worth it, and like Jesser and others have said, the parkhopping train is totally worth the parkhopping fee.

Comment

Originally posted by brett View Post
                  I'd suggest both Parkhoppers and Universal Express, where you can go as many front-of-lines as you like. You are spending so much just to be in Florida already, the Express tickets are such a tiny fraction and allow you to enjoy the parks at your own pace. My friend did not want to re-ride The Mummy, but instead spent 12 minutes watching and interacting with the Mardi Gras performers before i was back from riding it again on a whim. The costs are so small compared to the burn-rate in waiting an average of 20-35 minutes for every ride you'd like to try out. We maintain it's completely worth it, and like Jesser and others have said, the parkhopping train is totally worth the parkhopping fee.
                  Can you use the unlimited FOL on Daigon Alley? We always enjoy VIP here in CA when we splurge on it but it doesn't work for HP here i don't think.

DL 55th BDAY trip report
                  NYE 2011 trip report
                  Leap year 24 hour report
                  New DCA trip report
                  NYE 2012
                  HKDL trip report

Comment

USO was far more enjoyable than WDW when we went last August.

Popeye and Bluto's Bilge Rat Barges is one of the best raft rides I've been on. Kali River Rapids is the worst.

The Mummy is amazing and so much better than Rockin Rollercoaster.

Men In Black is probably the best shooter ride I've been on. Especially when compared to Buzz.

The quality of these attractions isn't "Disney-level," but the design does exceed Disney.

Then there's Potter. Diagon Alley ruined us as we went to Be Our Guest the next morning and it just couldn't hold a candle to the immersive experience of dining in Daigon Alley. Gringotts and Forbidden Journey are top notch attractions and the lands are the best themed lands I have ever visited (and I'm not a big Potter fan).

The horror effects show is also a lot of fun and the hosts are given a lot of freedom to have an abrasive wit which is refreshing.

I do prefer USH's Springfield though.
                    Women, they make the highs higher and the lows more frequent.

Comment

Originally posted by Professortango View Post
                      USO was far more enjoyable than WDW when we went last August.

Popeye and Bluto's Bilge Rat Barges is one of the best raft rides I've been on. Kali River Rapids is the worst.

The Mummy is amazing and so much better than Rockin Rollercoaster.

Men In Black is probably the best shooter ride I've been on. Especially when compared to Buzz.

The quality of these attractions isn't "Disney-level," but the design does exceed Disney.

Then there's Potter. Diagon Alley ruined us as we went to Be Our Guest the next morning and it just couldn't hold a candle to the immersive experience of dining in Daigon Alley. Gringotts and Forbidden Journey are top notch attractions and the lands are the best themed lands I have ever visited (and I'm not a big Potter fan).

The horror effects show is also a lot of fun and the hosts are given a lot of freedom to have an abrasive wit which is refreshing.

I do prefer USH's Springfield though.
                      I actually really didn't like MIB at all. I thought there was just something off about it. The Mummy meh too short IMO although better than it;s counter part in Hollywood. Basically we would be going to see Daigon Alley and the Hogworts express as we have already been to USO before. Of course we would go on other things as well. Really thinking about just getting the unlimited FOL to make it an awesome day.

DL 55th BDAY trip report
                      NYE 2011 trip report
                      Leap year 24 hour report
                      New DCA trip report
                      NYE 2012
                      HKDL trip report

Comment

Originally posted by biggsworth View Post

I actually really didn't like MIB at all. I thought there was just something off about it. The Mummy meh too short IMO although better than it;s counter part in Hollywood. Basically we would be going to see Daigon Alley and the Hogworts express as we have already been to USO before. Of course we would go on other things as well. Really thinking about just getting the unlimited FOL to make it an awesome day.
                        We walked into just about every ride when we went last summer. Gringot​​​​​​ts was the longest wait at about 30 minutes mid day.
                        Women, they make the highs higher and the lows more frequent.

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                        Working...
                        X