Announcement

Collapse
1 of 3 < >

UPGRADE

The forums will be upgraded to the latest software version on 9/26/17 at 9:30pm PDT. The upgrade should only take a few minutes. During the upgrade you might experience errors, but they will go away once the upgrade is completed. This is not the upgrade/move we have been discussing for the past few months. This is just normal, minor maintenance. Thank you.
2 of 3 < >

Ad Blockers

Please do not use ad blocking software when visiting MiceChat. It costs money to keep MiceChat online, and ad revenue offsets this. Thank you.
3 of 3 < >

Registration Policy

In order to eliminate SPAM, all new users must verify their email. Once the email address is verified, we make sure your IP address is not a VPN, proxy, or tor exit node. If you have tried to register and it was not approved, please send an email to administrator@micechat.com. We will try to resolve the issue and then you can try again. Thank you.
See more
See less

The Nighttime Lights at Hogwarts™ Castle starts June 23

Collapse

Ad Widget

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Nighttime Lights at Hogwarts™ Castle starts June 23

YES!!!!!!!
    This summer, experience The Wizarding World of Harry Potter™ in a whole new light. Starting June 23, witness The Nighttime Lights at Hogwarts™ Castle, an all-new spectacle with dazzling lights and music. Watch in awe from Hogsmeade™ village as projections are cast against the majestic backdrop of the Hogwarts™ castle. Celebrate Hogwarts™ pride as the spirit of the four houses is brought to life in stunning light and sound. The Nighttime Lights at Hogwarts™ Castle is the perfect way to end your day at Universal Studios Hollywood™.

http://www.universalstudioshollywood...egory=20170518

Happy Halloween!!!

I ditto the "YES!!!!"

Universal could do with a good night show.

Comment

Originally posted by Jesser-pie View Post
      I ditto the "YES!!!!"

Universal could do with a good night show.
      I hope its good and from the sound of this LA times article should be right up my ally....3D sounds and cool image mapping with a great sound track should be a lot of fun...wonder if it only once a night or more?

Imagine this: Night has fallen over Hogsmeade, and guests are sipping Butterbeer and exploring the fictional village conjured by J.K. Rowling in the books. Hogwarts goes dark, and the sounds of the dark forest beckon guests closer to the castle.

And then the words Potter fans dreamed of hearing from that famous hat: “There’s nothing I can’t see, so try me on and I will tell you where you ought to be.”

The words from the Sorting Hat launch a spectacular five-minute show in which the iconic imagery of the houses of Hogwarts — Gryffindor, Hufflepuff, Ravenclaw and Slytherin, for the unaware — takes over the castle and the formidable mountain it rests upon.
      http://www.latimes.com/entertainment...htmlstory.html
      Last edited by JerrodDRagon; 05-18-2017, 03:02 PM.
      Happy Halloween!!!

Comment

Originally posted by JerrodDRagon View Post

I hope its good and from the sound of this LA times article should be right up my ally....3D sounds and cool image mapping with a great sound track should be a lot of fun...wonder if it only once a night or more?

Imagine this: Night has fallen over Hogsmeade, and guests are sipping Butterbeer and exploring the fictional village conjured by J.K. Rowling in the books. Hogwarts goes dark, and the sounds of the dark forest beckon guests closer to the castle.

And then the words Potter fans dreamed of hearing from that famous hat: “There’s nothing I can’t see, so try me on and I will tell you where you ought to be.”

The words from the Sorting Hat launch a spectacular five-minute show in which the iconic imagery of the houses of Hogwarts — Gryffindor, Hufflepuff, Ravenclaw and Slytherin, for the unaware — takes over the castle and the formidable mountain it rests upon.
        http://www.latimes.com/entertainment...htmlstory.html
        I am trying not overhype it as it will only be a short show... however since it is projections I don't see why it can't be done a second time at night from a cost pov (unless it includes fireworks but that seemed like that was for the opening ceremony only?). Doesn't Sleeping Beauty's Castle light up twice at night for the winter show?

Comment

^Promotional material has stated it'll play multiple times a night.
          Does anyone even bother with signatures anymore?

Comment

Originally posted by Jesser-pie View Post

I am trying not overhype it as it will only be a short show... however since it is projections I don't see why it can't be done a second time at night from a cost pov (unless it includes fireworks but that seemed like that was for the opening ceremony only?). Doesn't Sleeping Beauty's Castle light up twice at night for the winter show?
            This seems to be a little more then that

Its got 3D layered music, Projections, Fireworks with custom music

I dont think it will be a 10/10 but I feel it will be entertaing I mean for 5 mins...how can it not?
            Happy Halloween!!!

Comment

Originally posted by JesterMn View Post
              ^Promotional material has stated it'll play multiple times a night.
              That should definitely help with any crowds (I have found the second show/parade usually less crazy than the first at DL)

Comment

Originally posted by JerrodDRagon View Post

This seems to be a little more then that

Its got 3D layered music, Projections, Fireworks with custom music

I dont think it will be a 10/10 but I feel it will be entertaing I mean for 5 mins...how can it not?
                Oh I misunderstood! I thought that the fireworks were only in reference to the show for the grand opening of the land... still a short show with fireworks still has to be less costly then something on the scale of Remember?

That is a good point; If it is short, but sweet and well done, then it shouldn't have boring filler...

Comment

Universal did an unannounced public soft opening of the light show last night. There is strong suspicion they will do more for the rest of the Memorial Day weekend.

No guarantee of how it will work for future nights, but last night they did two showings, one at about 8:40 and another at about 8:55. Lots of Universal execs around.

I did enjoy it a lot. My husband did record the second show, and it clocked in at almost exactly 5 minutes. I would already recommend trying to see a second show (should they do one), because it really emptied out after the first show.

We had no idea it was going to happen, but we were able to put together a lot of various clues that led to it: the fact that there were no more Frog Choir or Tri Wizard shows after 6pm even though the park was open until 9pm, and they put up many stanchions to block off large areas around the Tri Wizard Stage and opposite of Filch's. Attending team members just said it was for a "special event", but some at the FotH ride told us flat out it was for the light show at 8:45 and 9:00 when we asked. Their times were a bit off, but that may have been because it was a soft opening.

If you want to know about the show itself:
                  Spoiler
                  It's essentially exactly the same as the media day light show. Differences include the addition of lights in the Forbidden Forest and the flying hogs at the ride entrance, a narration by the sorting hat, and a new ending that sort of mimics the effects of fireworks. Unsurprisingly, there are no real fireworks, I'm quite sure due to local regulations.

Comment

My friend and I saw it twice Sunday night. We both loved it! It is stunning and I can't wait to see it again! Universal did a terrific job with the show.

Comment

If you want to spoiler it for yourself, here you go

Happy Halloween!!!

Comment

Comparing the new version with the one from last year's grand opening I actually prefer the one from last year. Even though they may not be feasible for a nightly show I think the fireworks added a lot to the experience.

Comment

Originally posted by sheetz View Post
                          Comparing the new version with the one from last year's grand opening I actually prefer the one from last year. Even though they may not be feasible for a nightly show I think the fireworks added a lot to the experience.
                          In the LA Times Article they said they're will be Fireworks....the show doesn't officially start for a few weeks so maybe these are just tests and the real show will be better
                          Happy Halloween!!!

Comment

I doubt there'd be fireworks... with very tight fire restrictions due their proximity to the hillside and all that wildlife, not to mention close neighbors that are very vocal about distractions, I can't imagine them happening.

Personally, aside from perhaps a "grand finale", I don't really miss them all that much. I thought they were overused in the media day video without really contributing to the effects.

And I will say that as much as I do enjoy the show, and as a big of supporter of Universal as I am, I don't know if I see a lot of reputability in the show. It's very cool to see a few times, but after that, I think I'd get fairly bored of it quickly. I'd also probably be disappointed if I made a trip to Universal exclusively for it... it's just not long enough to be it's own attraction.

But as a supplement, it'll be a great addition for what it is. And I'm also looking forward to seeing the Christmas version later this year.

Comment

Is anything else scheduled to be added to USH this summer? This would have been a great permanent addition to the park last year, but if it's the only thing coming this summer then that's a bit underwhelming compared to what's opening at the other SoCal parks.

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X