This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Too bad Universal, Potter's already dead

They can claim that, but it's not true in my opinion. I've dined at several theme park restaurants which I felt to be superior to Mythos.
    Of course its subjective and by your opinion maybe not, but they have won the award for 5 straight years now.

Comment

Originally posted by DisneyMickey View Post
      Universal can't seem to get a break. I don't follow their parks very much, but they seem to move about three steps behind Disney.
      It's actually the other way around here in Orlando, ever since Universal announced it was opening a park here, Disney has been the one to rush something out to try to counter whatever Universal does. Universal on the other hand takes it time with almost all of it's offerings which almost always produces a quality themed ride/experience.

Originally posted by kcnole View Post
      Of course its subjective and by your opinion maybe not, but they have won the award for 5 straight years now.
      That's exactly right, I wasn't a fan of Mythos food back in it's early years(haven't eaten there though since they've won the award/s) but that doesn't change the fact they've won the award, and a lot more people give it rave reviews, than rants.

Comment

What's funny is that they didn't even win an award from a prestigious group or association like Napa Rose did. Instead, they brag about having won an award given out by the people on Theme Park Insider. Now I really like Mythos, but it's not world class in my opinion.
        ~ Tokyo DisneySea’s Arabian Coast at nighttime ~

Comment

My recent trip to orlando, maybe I just wasn't dining at all the best places but the service and food at Mythos were far and beyond better than anything I experienced at WDW.

I'm open to the possibility of a WDW restaurant being better but from my personal experience, that's the way it was.

Visit my mice chat toy shop!
          http://micechat.com/forums/merchandi...oy-shoppe.html

Track Disney Animation Presence in the Theme Parks Worldwide!
          http://micechat.com/forums/disneylan...ired-them.html

Comment

Originally posted by Coheteboy View Post
            My recent trip to orlando, maybe I just wasn't dining at all the best places but the service and food at Mythos were far and beyond better than anything I experienced at WDW.

I'm open to the possibility of a WDW restaurant being better but from my personal experience, that's the way it was.
            Well, maybe not at Walt Disney World (though I think a few restaurants in Epcot are more or less on par), but I've dined at restaurants (2 in particular) at other Disney parks that far surpassed Mythos in terms of service and food.

But I digress, Mythos could very well hold the title of best theme park restaurant in the country, and I would not dispute that (well, not nearly as much).

Comment

StrongStyle, you couldn't be more wrong. Harry Potter is a timeless classic in the same sence as Narnia and lord of the Rings. Just because you might not like a particular work does not mean that it is dead. Like a fine wine, classics only inprove and become more popular with age.

Like millions the world over, I can't wait to see the last two movies - and the first "theme park within a theme park.
              To Boldly Go Where No MiceChatter Has Gone Before!

Comment

Originally posted by TDR_Fan View Post
                Well, maybe not at Walt Disney World (though I think a few restaurants in Epcot are more or less on par), but I've dined at restaurants (2 in particular) at other Disney parks that far surpassed Mythos in terms of service and food.

But I digress, Mythos could very well hold the title of best theme park restaurant in the country, and I would not dispute that (well, not nearly as much).

I have read your other posts about the restaurants in Japan and I don't doubt your claims. But were those restaurants inside an actual theme parks or were they at the hotels? I think this title is for Theme Park Restaurant.

Visit my mice chat toy shop!
                http://micechat.com/forums/merchandi...oy-shoppe.html

Track Disney Animation Presence in the Theme Parks Worldwide!
                http://micechat.com/forums/disneylan...ired-them.html

Comment

Originally posted by Coheteboy View Post
                  I have read your other posts about the restaurants in Japan and I don't doubt your claims. But were those restaurants inside an actual theme parks or were they at the hotels? I think this title is for Theme Park Restaurant.
                  The two I am referring to are in a theme park. If the title included hotel restaurants in a theme park complex, I could come up with at least a dozen restaurants which I feel to be superior.

But like I said, Mythos could easily claim to be the best theme park restaurant in the U.S. It's just a fantastic experience altogether.

Comment

Working...
                  X