Collapse

Get Away Today

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Does anyone happen to know if wearing glasses prevents the rider from being able to experience any kind of screen parallax or ruin the illusion of depth in the Mosasaurus segment of the attraction? In videos I thought it looked really cool and expected it to look even better in person but I finally got around to riding this yesterday and walked away very disappointed. The Mosasaurus didn't work for me it all, it was obvious I was staring at giant screens and they came off incredibly flat to me. But my wife said that the illusion worked for her, maybe my glasses are causing me to miss something?
    First of all, the name's not "Zippy"! As a matter of fact, I don't believe I've ever met another bot named Zippy, so one can only assume that you came up with "Zippy" in reference to my speed, which may be technically accurate, but lacks a certain creativity!

Comment

Originally posted by Blurr View Post
      Does anyone happen to know if wearing glasses prevents the rider from being able to experience any kind of screen parallax or ruin the illusion of depth in the Mosasaurus segment of the attraction? In videos I thought it looked really cool and expected it to look even better in person but I finally got around to riding this yesterday and walked away very disappointed. The Mosasaurus didn't work for me it all, it was obvious I was staring at giant screens and they came off incredibly flat to me. But my wife said that the illusion worked for her, maybe my glasses are causing me to miss something?
      No, the effects cool but its not as ground breaking as they'd like it to be.

Happy Halloween!!!

Comment

Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_1116.jpg Views:	0 Size:	81.1 KB ID:	8599030Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_1121.jpg Views:	0 Size:	121.6 KB ID:	8599031 [
        We were at Universal today, Sunday, Aug. 18, using the last of our 3 days from the Costco passes. Here are some random observations:

1. I liked the new Jurassic ride--maybe because online posts about it lowered my expectations.

2. Lines for this refurbished attraction were listed at 2 and a half hours long during the day and were still long early in the evening. The single rider line was filled early in the day and we were pretty much told to go away, but it was open early in the evening and I think we waited (in the single rider line) about ten minutes, and my daughter got to sit in the row ahead of mine directly in front of me. We were so happy with this wait we next went in the single rider line for Transformers and waited about 60 seconds to get on that attraction--again she was directly ahead of me.

3. The (reportedly) cool Harry Potter dark arts night-time show wasn't happening tonight. A CM said it was done for the season.

4. The Waterworld stunt show is still fun.

5. If you have a multi-day pass and don't have to try & see everything each time, it's nice to see a movie at the AMC Universal complex. The ticket prices were the most expensive movie tickets I've ever seen, but we got a partial parking refund/discount that got the ticket prices down to $7 something per ticket. (We loved the movie "Blinded By the Light," BTW.)

6. The Frankenstein's monster & Dracula who walked around and posed for pictures were great as always. Look into Frankenstein's monster's face to appreciate the outstanding makeup & mask job!

7. Karl Strauss in City Walk was excellent as always.

8. Instead of waiting in a line at the crowded cart for Butterbeer, get one in the nearby pub attached to the restaurant. No wait for us & and a cool atmosphere, with an AA boar.

9. Best sign at any theme park is in the Simpson's land for Dr. Nick: "If you can put it in, we can take it out!"

10. The Trasnformers ride is still cool & well-maintained. The Harry Potter ride is starting to make me more motion sick as I get older. I was fine, but knew I wouldn't've been if I'd've ridden it again.

11. Good food at The Three Broomsticks.

12. I didn't notice ANY construction for Halloween Horror Nights. Can't wait for that!
        Last edited by jcruise86; 08-19-2019, 09:36 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by jcruise86 View Post
          Click image for larger version Name:	IMG_1116.jpg Views:	0 Size:	81.1 KB ID:	8599030Click image for larger version Name:	IMG_1121.jpg Views:	0 Size:	121.6 KB ID:	8599031 [
          We were at Universal today, Sunday, Aug. 18, using the last of our 3 days from the Costco passes. Here are some random observations:

1. I liked the new Jurassic ride--maybe because online posts about it lowered my expectations.

2. Lines for this refurbished attraction were listed at 2 and a half hours long during the day and were still long early in the evening. The single rider line was filled early in the day and we were pretty much told to go away, but it was open early in the evening and I think we waited (in the single rider line) about ten minutes, and my daughter got to sit in the row ahead of mine directly in front of me. We were so happy with this wait we next went in the single rider line for Transformers and waited about 60 seconds to get on that attraction--again she was directly ahead of me.

3. The (reportedly) cool Harry Potter dark arts night-time show wasn't happening tonight. A CM said it was done for the season.

4. The Waterworld stunt show is still fun.

5. If you have a multi-day pass and don't have to try & see everything each time, it's nice to see a movie at the AMC Universal complex. The ticket prices were the most expensive movie tickets I've ever seen, but we got a partial parking refund/discount that got the ticket prices down to $7 something per ticket. (We loved the movie "Blinded By the Light," BTW.)

6. The Frankenstein's monster & Dracula who walked around and posed for pictures were great as always. Look into Frankenstein's monster's face to appreciate the outstanding makeup & mask job!

7. Karl Strauss in City Walk was excellent as always.

8. Instead of waiting in a line at the crowded cart for Butterbeer, get one in the nearby pub attached to the restaurant. No wait for us & and a cool atmosphere, with an AA boar.

9. Best sign at any theme park is in the Simpson's land for Dr. Nick: "If you can put it in, we can take it out!"

10. The Trasnformers ride is still cool & well-maintained. The Harry Potter ride is starting to make me more motion sick as I get older. I was fine, but knew I wouldn't've been if I'd've ridden it again.

11. Good food at The Three Broomsticks.

12. I didn't notice ANY construction for Halloween Horror Nights. Can't wait for that!
          It sucks you missed the Potter Show, its to me the best they have put on.
          Yeah the AMC is a joke on prices, unless you have AMC a-list and can see movies there and get cheap parking like I do. I love it the seats are so nice and its a great way to cool off in the summer.

The actors to me are always just great, Disney Actors do well too but I feel like these actors are more adults then kids many times so its less awkward at least for me.
          Happy Halloween!!!

Comment

Originally posted by JerrodDRagon View Post

It sucks you missed the Potter Show, its to me the best they have put on . . .
            Way to console me, Jarrod! (Kidding.)

I wish they would show it 4 or 5 times on each Halloween Horror Night and have Hogsmead Village be a large scare zone
            with dementors, fog, Snape & Malfoy. That would all fit in with Halloween--a better fit with Halloween than Jabberwockeez,
            though I did like that show last year.

Comment

Originally posted by jcruise86 View Post
              Way to console me, Jarrod! (Kidding.)

I wish they would show it 4 or 5 times on each Halloween Horror Night and have Hogsmead Village be a large scare zone
              with dementors, fog, Snape & Malfoy. That would all fit in with Halloween--a better fit with Halloween than Jabberwockeez,
              though I did like that show last year.
              Ohh I agree

My friend was asking me if Universal was planning on doing anything with Harry Potter and I said I doubt it but think Universal should on none Horror Nights have events in Hogsmead...think they could make a killing
              Happy Halloween!!!

Comment

Working...
              X