Question About Mice Chat 4th Anniversary...

Collapse

Get Away Today

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • MsSarah
    formerly PretzelSouls!
    • Aug 2007

Question About Mice Chat 4th Anniversary...

I'm not sure if there is going to be a Mice Chat 4th Anniversary or not but if there is...does anyone know if there is a certain time every year they have it [certain dates] ? I'm trying to figure out if I will be in CA at the time of the anniversary...thanks!
    "Go confidently in the direction of your dreams! Live the life you've imagined." -Henry David Thoreau

• gRuMpEe
    My liver hurts!
    • Oct 2007

Re: Question About Mice Chat 4th Anniversary...

I'm not sure but I would Love to find out!!
    Originally posted by PEZZ Lightyear
    Try the Hello Te-Kitty-la.

Comment

• Radiobarry
      Angel Fan MC Man
      • Apr 2005

I've been to the first three...they're on a Sunday, usually in in late January. Last year, they had the Gumball Rally the day before. The anniversary Sunday has all kinds of events all day and you can pick and choose what you want to do.

-- Barry
      God, grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I can, and the wisdom to know the difference.

Comment

• MsSarah
        formerly PretzelSouls!
        • Aug 2007

Originally posted by Radiobarry View Post
        I've been to the first three...they're on a Sunday, usually in in late January. Last year, they had the Gumball Rally the day before. The anniversary Sunday has all kinds of events all day and you can pick and choose what you want to do.

-- Barry
        Thanks!
        "Go confidently in the direction of your dreams! Live the life you've imagined." -Henry David Thoreau

Comment

• elly
          Don't diss my bonnet
          MiceChat Round-Up Crew
          • Aug 2006

i'm hoping it'll be the weekend of the 23/24th of January...dustin and i are off that weekend so that means not having to use any vacation days at work

and i'm pretty sure all the members of team Is It October Yet? (Psycho Mommy, Ripper, Tainted Elly and Uncle Mike) will be there to defend our super awesome 3rd place title!
          Will there be screams when the sun sets,
          -=Is It October Yet?=-

Originally posted by Tinkermonkey
          elly is the ultimate nerdy girl. But she makes it sexy
          Originally posted by pratt55
          Elly is adorkable.

Comment

• Kritter
            He Gets The Job Done
            • Oct 2006

Bizarre and I will form a team, and we will dominate!

Comment

• Radiobarry
              Angel Fan MC Man
              • Apr 2005

Originally posted by elly View Post
              i'm hoping it'll be the weekend of the 23/24th of January...dustin and i are off that weekend so that means not having to use any vacation days at work

and i'm pretty sure all the members of team Is It October Yet? (Psycho Mommy, Ripper, Tainted Elly and Uncle Mike) will be there to defend our super awesome 3rd place title!
              I liked it better when the rally was not on the same weekend. It seemed to overshadow the actual anniversary meet this past year. Many I knew
              couldn't make it because they were tired from the rally.
              God, grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I can, and the wisdom to know the difference.

Comment

• Melonballer
                Shablagoo!
                • May 2005

I'm with you Barry. I'd rather go down when the rally is not happening. I'd rather spend the whole weekend hanging with Micechatters than racing around competing. I am not competative. Hopefully they will annouce a date for the 4th Anniversary party soon.

Comment

• penguinsoda
                  Jester of Randomness
                  MiceChat Moderator
                  • Jan 2005

Originally posted by Melonballer View Post
                  I'm with you Barry. I'd rather go down when the rally is not happening. I'd rather spend the whole weekend hanging with Micechatters than racing around competing. I am not competative. Hopefully they will annouce a date for the 4th Anniversary party soon.
                  Well... you could come for the weekend and you wouldn't have to participate in the Rally itself. Just hang out with those of us not participating. You could schedule a block of time to help out, then have the rest of the day to just do whatever you wanted, or hang out with other MiceChatters who are also just there for the weekend and not necessarily for the rally.

Nothing in concrete yet.... the WDW Rally is still in the working stages so... the Anniversary/Rally for the West coast won't be planned until sometime around the time the WDW one is in full swing (and fully planned out).

Having both events on the same weekend is hard, but then again, if we had them on different weekends/months a lions share of people (I'd say) would have to pick one or the other to go to, and would not be able to do both. (Myself included) Not a lot of details have been discussed yet, but next years rally might not be quite as intensive as the last one. You guys will just have to wait and see.

Originally posted by elly View Post
                  You mean the weekend of the 24th/25th of 2009?

Maybe... the weekend before is MLK weekend... like I said... nothing in concrete yet...
                  Last edited by penguinsoda; 07-07-2008, 10:50 PM.

Help me get more security in Pingvinivlle! Click here!

Originally posted by AGhostFromThePast
                  all you need to know about the mommy stick is.. out of all the bad things that could happen to you... it's right between wetting yourself and death.

Comment

• yoyoflamingo
                    How do you do?
                    MiceChat Round-Up Crew
                    • Jan 2005

Originally posted by penguinsoda View Post

Having both events on the same weekend is hard, but then again, if we had them on different weekends/months a lions share of people (I'd say) would have to pick one or the other to go to, and would not be able to do both. (Myself included) Not a lot of details have been discussed yet, but next years rally might not be quite as intensive as the last one. You guys will just have to wait and see. ..
                    Gotta agree with penguinsoda. Being one of the people (NNL too) we would never be able to make both weekends. Having both events the same weekend makes it possible for us to be part of the magic. So, I am hoping they are the same weekend.
                    It's a Zip-A-Dee-Doo-Dah...Tip for Today!

Comment

• pratt55
                      Arizona's own
                      MiceChat Moderator
                      • Mar 2006

I am with the do it all in one weekend due to travelling. Pengy's idea of volunteering to assist for a few hours during the rally is a great idea, I had already decided to do that as I hope to assist 'The Enforcer Indiana Jenn'. Tasers are allowed right?
                      sigpic

Comment

• IndianaJenn
                        MC Director of Sales and Marketing
                        MiceChat Moderator
                        • Jan 2005

Originally posted by pratt55 View Post
                        I am with the do it all in one weekend due to travelling. Pengy's idea of volunteering to assist for a few hours during the rally is a great idea, I had already decided to do that as I hope to assist 'The Enforcer Indiana Jenn'. Tasers are allowed right?
                        Ah. So touched you remembered!

Next year I plan to wear to wear camoflauge and hide in the plants, jumping out at unsuspecting rulebreakers.

Just practice hollering these phrases now:

NO RUNNING!
                        YOUR TEAM MUST STAY TOGETHER!
                        One day your life will flash before your eyes. Make sure it's worth watching.

Originally posted by Mouse princess
                        Of course I am worried about your mental health. I want happiness for all. Like we can all be like the Smurfs. But without Gargomel. He was mean.

Comment

• Rixter
                          • Aug 2006

Well... you could come for the weekend and you wouldn't have to participate in the Rally itself. Just hang out with those of us not participating. You could schedule a block of time to help out, then have the rest of the day to just do whatever you wanted, or hang out with other MiceChatters who are also just there for the weekend and not necessarily for the rally.
                          That's a pretty accurate description of my Rallyversary weekend this year! I had the time of my life. Volunteered as a worker bee for Saturday, moving around both parks taking photos and visiting with the monitors and the competitors and posting live to the official blog. Stayed in Anaheim that night so I was well rested and eager for the big Anniversary celebration on Sunday.
                          Rick

Comment

• tinkermonkey
                            has a brand new mindset
                            MiceChat Moderator
                            • Oct 2005

If we are voting or at least opinionating at this point, I know I'm much more in favor of them both on the same weekend. Not sure if I'll do Gumball again, but if they are the same weekend it at least gives me the option.
                            I love my awesome crazy wonderful friends!!

"Do you remember in kindergarten, how you�d meet a kid,
                            then 10 seconds later you�d be playing like you were best friends?"

:love:

Comment

• MickeyMousePal
                              Animation Domination
                              • Apr 2008

Kritter wrote:

Bizarre and I will form a team, and we will dominate!
                              Your team will probably have Dan, Chris and me...LOL
                              "You are watching FOX"

Comment

• penguinsoda
                                Jester of Randomness
                                MiceChat Moderator
                                • Jan 2005

Originally posted by tinkermonkey View Post
                                If we are voting or at least opinionating at this point, I know I'm much more in favor of them both on the same weekend. Not sure if I'll do Gumball again, but if they are the same weekend it at least gives me the option.
                                No problem! If you decide not to do the rally, we can use you as a crew member for 2 or 3 or how many hours you want to help out!!

Help me get more security in Pingvinivlle! Click here!

Originally posted by AGhostFromThePast
                                all you need to know about the mommy stick is.. out of all the bad things that could happen to you... it's right between wetting yourself and death.

Comment

• TraceCub
                                  Clearing my Calendar
                                  • Jun 2005

Way to lay it on thick Pengy.
                                  "But every night, when it gets dark
                                  and the stars come out,
                                  I'll look up on her behalf.
                                  I'll look up in the sky and think of you."

Comment

• pratt55
                                    Arizona's own
                                    MiceChat Moderator
                                    • Mar 2006

No problem! If you decide not to do the rally, we can use you as a crew member for 2 or 3 or how many hours you want to help out!!
                                    Originally posted by TraceCub View Post
                                    Way to lay it on thick Pengy.
                                    I look at it as a way to spend some quality time with a MC'er that I hardly ever get to see, plus still be involved in the rally.

Basically everyone has a choice:

1. Do the rally (this is for the truly brave souls)
                                    2. Volunteer and get to spend some quality time with another MC'er.
                                    3. Just come to the park and have fun
                                    4. Watch the reports from home.

I gotta go practice my skills now by jumping out of bushes and yelling:

No running.
                                    Your team must stay together.
                                    sigpic

Comment

• tinkermonkey
                                      has a brand new mindset
                                      MiceChat Moderator
                                      • Oct 2005

Originally posted by pratt55 View Post
                                      I look at it as a way to spend some quality time with a MC'er that I hardly ever get to see, plus still be involved in the rally.

Basically everyone has a choice:

1. Do the rally (this is for the truly brave souls)
                                      2. Volunteer and get to spend some quality time with another MC'er.
                                      3. Just come to the park and have fun
                                      4. Watch the reports from home.

I gotta go practice my skills now by jumping out of bushes and yelling:

No running.
                                      Your team must stay together.
                                      Hey Lisa, I'm pretty sure you are doing it wrong. (no caps!!) You have to practice it loudly and with authority!
                                      NO RUNNING!
                                      YOUR TEAM MUST STAY TOGETHER!

As someone who was one of the brave souls at Gumball 2, I can say it was super fun to actually do it and in the event is was the same, it would be fun to try to do better. If it is different, that could be fun too. On the other hand, more than once our team paused to say hi and visit with some spotters and they looked like they were having a great time too! (Maybe it was the schedule I saw that had "1-3 pm, location: Cove Bar"?)

Maybe it's just me, but even though I'm nearly 40 (37 is nearly 40, right?) when I go to DL, my energy level is different than at home. Even with all the fun I had Friday night, I was able to get up and going for the Rally first thing Saturday morning. And again on Sunday for all the Anniversary hoopla.

The only thing not in my favor for coming for the 4th Anniversary will be when my AP expires December 1st.

Comment

• tinkermonkey
                                        has a brand new mindset
                                        MiceChat Moderator
                                        • Oct 2005

I just noticed this:

Nothing in concrete yet.... the WDW Rally is still in the working stages so... the Anniversary/Rally for the West coast won't be planned until sometime around the time the WDW one is in full swing (and fully planned out).

You mean the weekend of the 24th/25th of 2009?

Maybe... the weekend before is MLK weekend... like I said... nothing in concrete yet...
                                        Specifically the dates part. As one of the many that would require flying down to DL for the event, I have to say knowing sooner rather than later is a good thing. No details needed, just the actual dates to start with. But I know that work is going into WDW Rally it is unlikely to have even that for now. I'm just putting the thought out there and hoping for a date to circle on my calendar.

Comment

Get Away Today Footer

Collapse
                                        Working...
                                        X