Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

MiceChat Rules

A list of MiceChat's rules can be found at the top of the Disneyland forum.
2 of 2 < >

Ad Blockers

Please do not use ad blocking software when visiting MiceChat. It costs money to keep MiceChat online, and ad revenue offsets this. Thank you.
See more
See less

Beach Bonfire Anyone?

Collapse

Ad Widget

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Beach Bonfire Anyone?

EDIT... (I will continue to edit this first post as more info becomes available)...

Date: Sat 9-6-08
    Time:12 noon until we run out of wood
    smaller fire will be going for cooking, actual "bonfire" starts at dusk.
    Place: Big Corona Beach... DIP has provided directions.

Originally posted by DisneyIPresume View Post
    Big Corona Directions.

From the North via I-405: Go south on the 405. Go south on the 73. Exit MacArthur Blvd. The offramp feeds onto MacArthur so continue traveling south on MacArthur until it dead-ends at Pacific Coast Hwy. Go left on Pacific Coast Hwy. Go right on Marguerite. Follow Marguerite until it ends on Ocean Ave. If you turn right on Ocean Ave you will see an access road to your left that goes down the side of the cliff to a paid parking lot at the beach. Or you can park for free anywhere along Ocean Ave or any of the nearby streets and walk down the sidewalk next to the access road to the beach.

From the North via I-5: Go south on the 5. Go south on the 55. Go south on the 73. Exit MacArthur Blvd. The offramp feeds onto MacArthur so continue traveling south on MacArthur until it dead-ends at Pacific Coast Hwy. Go left on Pacific Coast Hwy. Go right on Marguerite. Follow Marguerite until it ends on Ocean Ave. If you turn right on Ocean Ave you will see an access road to your left that goes down the side of the cliff to a paid parking lot at the beach. Or you can park for free anywhere along Ocean Ave or any of the nearby streets and walk down the sidewalk next to the access road to the beach.

From the South via I-5: Go North on the 5. Go North on the 405. Exit MacArthur Blvd. Go left on MacArthur Blvd. Continue traveling south on MacArthur until it dead-ends at Pacific Coast Hwy. Go left on Pacific Coast Hwy. Go right on Marguerite. Follow Marguerite until it ends on Ocean Ave. If you turn right on Ocean Ave you will see an access road to your left that goes down the side of the cliff to a paid parking lot at the beach. Or you can park for free anywhere along Ocean Ave or any of the nearby streets and walk down the sidewalk next to the access road to the beach

From the inland areas you have three choices -- The 57 south in which case take the 5 South and proceed as instructed. From the 55 South, take the 73 South and proceed as instructed. Or from the 241 toll road south take the 405 North, exit Macarthur Blvd. And proceed as instructed.

If you are facing the ocean, the fire pits are all located to the far right in a cluster near a sea-wall and the jetty. The other side of this sea-wall is the mouth to Newport Harbor so the beach does not go any farther than this

As soon as I figure out my camera I'll post pictures to give everyone a better idea.
    Please bring enough food to cover your party. If you are able to bring extra it's always appreciated. Please post what you plan to bring aside from food so we can compile a list of what we need and what we have. Also if you need a ride, or have room in a vehicle, please let us know. I want to make sure that whoever wants to go has a chance of going, and I have tried to keep this as cheap as possible (ultimately the only "cost" is gas to get there everything else is an option) so no one ends up being strapped for cash. I look forward to seeing everyone there.

If you need a ride, please click on the carpool number to see who is available.
    .................................................. .

I know I know this isn't "Disney related" but I have to ask... what with summer going on and all why not have a Micechat Beach Bonfire! A lot of individuals are local, others may even join if they are here on vacation... anyhow thought I would toss that out there.
    Yes I am going or would like to go
    23.33%
    Thank you but I am unable to attend
    21.67%
    Going solo
    5.00%
    bringing family
    6.67%
    May have room to carpool
    5.00%
    I may need a ride
    3.33%
    going moring
    6.67%
    going afternoon
    15.00%
    going evening
    13.33%
    Last edited by techskip; 08-04-2008, 11:16 PM.
    "Happiness is a Low Water Level"

sigpic

"Creating magical memories and making Managers cry since 1955!"

Re: Beach Bonfire Anyone?

Sounds fun. It's good to go somewhere besides Disney!

Comment

Beach expert here, Skip.

What do you suggest, Big Corona or Bolsa Chica?

Comment

Bolsa would be closer to most I imagine. I know there is a charge to get in though so I am not sure which would be better. Also I SUCK at planning things, so anyone who wishes to plan this, be my guest, I simply thought it would be fun.
        "Happiness is a Low Water Level"

sigpic

"Creating magical memories and making Managers cry since 1955!"

Comment

It is free to park at Big Corona if you park on top of the bluff and walk down. But there are fewer fire pits there than at Bolsa Chica. While it is further south of Bolsa Chica, time wise it doesn't make a difference as to how far it is from Disneyland.

Will you be at the meet on Sunday? It's easier to plan it that way face to face, and then post as to what, where, when, etc...

Comment

A beach bonfire sounds like a blast! And I know the perfect beach.

Unfortunately it's up here in Santa Cruz!

Hope you all have fun!

Comment

Sounds cool. If you and DIP get something planned let me know.
              Taking contributions to get me back to Disneyland!

Comment

The Wolfpack want in on this one....but depends on the date that you guys set.
                Mom, remember, it's not what a person is like on the outside that counts,
                it's what they are like in their HEART!

- Wolfette

Comment

ooooooooooo, I know what I want to buy..................... KITES!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Dan - Tasmic! View Post
                    ooooooooooo, I know what I want to buy..................... KITES!!!!
                    I can just see the pictures of you and Kritter flying kites
                    Taking contributions to get me back to Disneyland!

Comment

A bonfire sounds like fun! I wish I lived closer but if you decide on doing it than I might just choose to make the drive.

Comment

Originally posted by Evil Step-Mom View Post
                        Do I get to fly kites too? I have a pirate ship one . . . a dragon . . . I can even make a few.

Comment

Originally posted by Princess Buttercup View Post
                          A beach bonfire sounds like a blast! And I know the perfect beach.

Unfortunately it's up here in Santa Cruz!

Hope you all have fun!

I'm here in SC are there any others?
                          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Evil Step-Mom View Post
                            I'm picturing the kites as big as hang gliders and the wind blowing out towards Catalina Island.

Comment

This sounds like so much fun! And cheap! I'd be down... just tell me the date and as long as it's not August 2nd I'm good (state test). Where's Big Corona? Is that in Corona Del Mar near Pirate's Cove and Inspiration point? If it's there then you can park on the street and walk down or pay to park. But that's like my most favoritest beach. Oh and I can bring the dogs...

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X