Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anybody Up For A Meet-Up At the VC Fair? Especially Mon 8/4, Beach Boys Night?

Collapse

Ad Widget

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Anybody Up For A Meet-Up At the VC Fair? Especially Mon 8/4, Beach Boys Night?

    The Ventura County Fair is a really cool one, in many senses of the word. It's kind of throwback to the bigger fairs to the sotheast in SoCal when they weren't quite so big!

    Anyway, here's a link to the website, and all the activities running this Wednesday, July 30, to Sunday August 12.

    I'm going to the Beach Boys show (I know, surprise) on the 4th (that's a Monday). On that or any other day - anybody interested in coming up?
    God, grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I can, and the wisdom to know the difference.

  • #2
    Re: Anybody Tp For A Meet-Up At the VC Fair? Especially Mon 8/4, Beach Boys Night?

    I wish I could join you because thats my birthday. Im afraid I will be at work. I wish

    Comment


    • #3
      Re: Anybody Tp For A Meet-Up At the VC Fair? Especially Mon 8/4, Beach Boys Night?

      I so wish I could join you Barry, but I am just to far away. Have a great time and take pics ok

      Comment


      • #4
        Re: Anybody Up For A Meet-Up At the VC Fair? Especially Mon 8/4, Beach Boys Night?

        Anybody else up for a meet at any time during the VC Fair, which opens tomorrow?
        God, grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I can, and the wisdom to know the difference.

        Comment


        • #5
          Re: Anybody Up For A Meet-Up At the VC Fair? Especially Mon 8/4, Beach Boys Night?

          Sure! I'm not sure what day I'll be going. I'll keep a watch on this thread. Likely days are Thursday of this week or next.
          I pledge allegiance to the Earth, one planet, many gods, and to the universe in which she spins.

          Comment


          • #6
            Re: Anybody Up For A Meet-Up At the VC Fair? Especially Mon 8/4, Beach Boys Night?

            Originally posted by alphabassetgrrl View Post
            Sure! I'm not sure what day I'll be going. I'll keep a watch on this thread. Likely days are Thursday of this week or next.
            Any chance you could make it on Monday?

            So far, we are a meet of...two.

            I was thinking at least some other MCers would indicate an interest...those that can actually make it, I mean...Maye if folks could look past the fact that I might actually be there...
            God, grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I can, and the wisdom to know the difference.

            Comment


            • #7
              Re: Anybody Up For A Meet-Up At the VC Fair? Especially Mon 8/4, Beach Boys Night?

              I'm happy with a meet of two. I can do Monday. I have no interest in the concerts this year, so I'll be getting there at gate open (taking the train!), and leaving on the last train south of the evening at 7:30.
              I pledge allegiance to the Earth, one planet, many gods, and to the universe in which she spins.

              Comment


              • #8
                Re: Anybody Up For A Meet-Up At the VC Fair? Especially Mon 8/4, Beach Boys Night?

                Originally posted by alphabassetgrrl View Post
                I'm happy with a meet of two. I can do Monday. I have no interest in the concerts this year, so I'll be getting there at gate open (taking the train!), and leaving on the last train south of the evening at 7:30.
                Apparently, that's what we'll have...although I'm definitely open.

                Since I'm driving, I aim to get there between 2 and 4pm (hopefully before they close the Fairgrounds lot) because I don't like their shuttles). And I want to get in line early for the grandstand.

                Please PM me if you can so we can get in touch...)

                And I'm still up for a meet later this week if anyone would like!
                God, grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I can, and the wisdom to know the difference.

                Comment


                • #9
                  Re: Anybody Up For A Meet-Up At the VC Fair? Especially Mon 8/4, Beach Boys Night?

                  Cool! See ya there!
                  I pledge allegiance to the Earth, one planet, many gods, and to the universe in which she spins.

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Re: Anybody Up For A Meet-Up At the VC Fair? Especially Mon 8/4, Beach Boys Night?

                    Originally posted by alphabassetgrrl View Post
                    Cool! See ya there!
                    Alpha and I had a great time at the fair, just hanging out, eating roasted corn, checking out the exhibits.

                    I had a great time! I have pics...I may post a report. Haven't done that in a while.

                    She had to leave, but I stayed to see the Beach Boys - they were great as always.

                    Sorry we haven't been able to drum up more interest for more people to come up...the Fair does run through Sunday.
                    God, grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I can, and the wisdom to know the difference.

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Re: Anybody Up For A Meet-Up At the VC Fair? Especially Mon 8/4, Beach Boys Night?

                      glad you had a good time Barry! i bet the Beach Boys show was free there....and they're playing here in Reno on friday for Hot August Nights and i think the tickets are $50+ each, so you got a heck of a deal
                      Will there be screams when the sun sets,
                      -=Is It October Yet?=-


                      Originally posted by Tinkermonkey
                      elly is the ultimate nerdy girl. But she makes it sexy
                      Originally posted by pratt55
                      Elly is adorkable.







                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Re: Anybody Up For A Meet-Up At the VC Fair? Especially Mon 8/4, Beach Boys Night?

                        Definitely a fun day. Thanks for posting this, Barry!
                        I pledge allegiance to the Earth, one planet, many gods, and to the universe in which she spins.

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Re: Anybody Up For A Meet-Up At the VC Fair? Especially Mon 8/4, Beach Boys Night?

                          Originally posted by elly View Post
                          glad you had a good time Barry! i bet the Beach Boys show was free there....and they're playing here in Reno on friday for Hot August Nights and i think the tickets are $50+ each, so you got a heck of a deal
                          It was and I did! Free with admission to the Fair, and I even had a freebie from the radio station for that!

                          The Ventura County Fair is a nice fair that's grown, but not so much that it's lost it's local flavor.

                          It's got a lovely setting - directly overlooking Surfer's Point - they say that they are the only Fair that is directly adjacent to the coastline.

                          It's main drawback - the parking. The Seaside Park parking lot is not nearly sufficient...and the shuttle buses and train service are ot enough to make up for it.

                          -- Barry
                          God, grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I can, and the wisdom to know the difference.

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Re: Anybody Up For A Meet-Up At the VC Fair? Especially Mon 8/4, Beach Boys Night?

                            Originally posted by Radiobarry View Post
                            It was and I did! Free with admission to the Fair, and I even had a freebie from the radio station for that!

                            The Ventura County Fair is a nice fair that's grown, but not so much that it's lost it's local flavor.

                            It's got a lovely setting - directly overlooking Surfer's Point - they say that they are the only Fair that is directly adjacent to the coastline.

                            It's main drawback - the parking. The Seaside Park parking lot is not nearly sufficient...and the shuttle buses and train service are ot enough to make up for it.

                            -- Barry
                            i used to love going to Corrales Mexican food on Thompson Blvd. and getting a full order of corn burritos then going to Surfer's Point to (duh) watch the surfers....i really miss my hometown sometimes
                            Will there be screams when the sun sets,
                            -=Is It October Yet?=-


                            Originally posted by Tinkermonkey
                            elly is the ultimate nerdy girl. But she makes it sexy
                            Originally posted by pratt55
                            Elly is adorkable.







                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Re: Anybody Up For A Meet-Up At the VC Fair? Especially Mon 8/4, Beach Boys Night?

                              Come visit!
                              I pledge allegiance to the Earth, one planet, many gods, and to the universe in which she spins.

                              Comment

                              Ad Widget

                              Collapse
                              Working...
                              X