X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MiceChat member carpools to DLR

Hi guys!
    I'm new to MiceChat so I wasn't sure where I should start this thread, or if something along similar lines has already been discussed, but I thought this is the most appropriate place to discuss this.

Anyway, the immediate issue is that some friends and I (3-4 total) are located in the Downtown L.A. area without access to a car. Yet, we all have APs and we want to make it out to Disneyland at least once before all the Halloween stuff goes away (which I believe is Nov 1st). If any of you L.A. micechatters are going to the DLR anytime soon and are feeling generous, we would love and greatly appreciate a ride to/from the park! (Preferably on a Friday or a weekend). We'll pay you to compensate for gas! We'll even buy you a dole whip and a mickey mouse pretzel!

Along that line of discussion, I was wondering if anyone has ever established some sort of carpool system for MiceChat meets. If not, I propose that we do! It would basically consist of three simple steps:
    1. Someone schedules a MiceChat meet
    2. People able to provide rides start a thread describing what area/city they're driving from
    3. People who need rides reply/discuss on the thread pertaining to their location to determine carpool details (i.e. where to meet, what time)

Do you guys think this would work? Is there even a demand for something like this? Give me feedback! If this sounds like a good idea to you guys we should get it started!

I assume that all participants in this system would be knowingly accepting the joys as well as the risks of riding with strangers and meeting new people. Still, safety in a system like this is the only issue that I am hesitant about. Other than that I say full steam ahead on MiceChat meet carpools!

Re: MiceChat member carpools to DLR

Great idea! I'd love to find someone in my neck of the woods to carpool with because I HATE driving in traffic! That way I could just be a passenger! :lol:

Good luck finding someone!

Help me get more security in Pingvinivlle! Click here!

Originally posted by AGhostFromThePast
    all you need to know about the mommy stick is.. out of all the bad things that could happen to you... it's right between wetting yourself and death.

Comment

I live in the High Desert area... Victorville, Hesperia... anyone near me? I'd be willing to car pool sometime
      sigpic

Comment

I'm in the high desert, but a different part of the high desert out near Joshua Tree.

Help me get more security in Pingvinivlle! Click here!

Originally posted by AGhostFromThePast
        all you need to know about the mommy stick is.. out of all the bad things that could happen to you... it's right between wetting yourself and death.

Comment

Anyone in Long Beach? I'd love to get a carpool from somebody instead of taking almost 2 hours to get there on the bus

Comment

I live in Long Beach but also pretty much have to rely on the bus system. Unless I can use my parents mini van...not likely.

Comment

If you're in the Downtown LA area, there are a few public transportation options that can get you to DLR.

You can take Metro 460 from Downtown and that will take you all the way to the entrance of the east shuttle area

Or you could go to Union Station and board either the Amtrak Pacific Surfliner or Metrolink to Oceanside. That will take you to Anaheim Amtrak Station right behind Anaheim Stadium. From there you can take an OCTA bus or ART shuttle to Disneyland.

I've done this many times so if you have any further questions, please ask away.

Comment

Originally posted by ERIN92345 View Post
                I live in the High Desert area... Victorville, Hesperia... anyone near me? I'd be willing to car pool sometime
                I will be driving through that area in November. I will have room for 1 (or 2 REALLY SKINNY) person(s). I'm gonna stay for 6 days...so um...it would only be one-way.

Erin>>BTW, I briefly went to Apple Valley High School..... I know your pain out there in the high desert.
                For those of you that are curious about my wedding:
                http://www.rocknrollbride.com/2011/0...heather-tyler/

Comment

Originally posted by leopardchucks View Post

Erin>>BTW, I briefly went to Apple Valley High School..... I know your pain out there in the high desert.
                  what years?
                  sigpic

Comment

Get Away Today Footer

Collapse
                  Working...
                  X